PDA

View Full Version : Alright

ihbuilder
04-23-2011, 09:16 PM
I sick of spenden X# of $ to learn how to fix and get a machine running before I can use it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: why can't I ever get the plug and play type :mad:!#@*&$#)(^&*$%&#^%$*(% *&^(^$%%&)^$@^%(^$*#$#@%*%$*$#&$%#*%#*%%^#$#$@@$^&^%$$#$#^(&^)^(&$*^%$#%^%^$*#^&^(^$^$@#$#*(^%%#$
http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-332.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)
sorry just had to get it out :o:D

Bigrigger
04-23-2011, 09:18 PM
You sure did.... o.O lol Agreed.:D

steamer
04-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Well said Steve. That was a AZZ Ripper if I ever heard one!!!!!

ihbuilder
04-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Some more :eek: flipin *** lying flea bay b#$tards :mad::mad:http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-fighting-smileys-546.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html) :eek::eek:

pugs
04-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Ouch, I hope you get it figured out.

doodlebug
04-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Don't feel bad Steve, I can make software engineer's suicidal! User friendly, my @#$
I feel your frustration!
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

ihbuilder
04-24-2011, 07:40 AM
I know what is wrong and I should have paid for a new amp $$$$$:eek: :mad:
^ hopefully :confused: who knows what else the manufacture doesn't even support the control anymore :( . well since they don't support it they dumpstered all info on it to :eek: regardless what else is wrong I still need that 1000.00 amp even to upgrade the control :eek: what really got me is while looking for other stuff for this mill , the guy has a 2000 vmc so clean you can eat out off it :eek: as always after the fact now that I'm invested in this 1 :mad:

doodlebug
04-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Hey Steve, is there anybody that rebuild's the "amps"? Would www.selectequipment.net
have any part's to help? Programmable control's & drive's?
What about PLCCenter.com ? Upgrade? www.actekinc.com ? legacy product's http://www.actekinc.com/legacy.html
Just trying to help.

ihbuilder
04-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Hey Steve, is there anybody that rebuild's the "amps"? Would www.selectequipment.net
have any part's to help? Programmable control's & drive's?
What about PLCCenter.com ? Upgrade? www.actekinc.com ? legacy product's http://www.actekinc.com/legacy.html
Just trying to help.

Neil , thanks :) I got a name of a local guy who has worked on these I got to call tomorrow some how :confused: ( working in a cell phone dead area :( ) before I start wasting $ I do not have :eek:

IHSteve

doodlebug
04-25-2011, 09:06 PM
I understand that, my neighbor's spent $100,000 on a big cnc dinosaur and parked it in a building after finding out what it would cost to bring it out of the stone age.
I HATE PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE! Glad I could help! that's what it's all about!

ihbuilder
04-26-2011, 07:04 PM
ya I just spoke to the manufacture parts department and they gave me the history :mad: there may be more wrong :mad: from what I was told the last owner had called about communication errors that were not disclosed :mad: (AZZ) now I'm going to have to send my boys to his house :D :p aswell I'm progressing :confused:

doodlebug
04-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Communication error's? does it run on window's7/window's live? Rebuilding my desktop this week, only 6 month's old! Hope you get it figured out soon.

ihbuilder
04-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Communication error's? does it run on window's7/window's live? Rebuilding my desktop this week, only 6 month's old! Hope you get it figured out soon.

1980's tech :confused::eek:

doodlebug
04-28-2011, 08:01 AM
I hope that doesn't mean punch card's and the Mayflower LOL!

ihbuilder
04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
stone tablets :p no a little newer It did at 1 time have a paper /magnetic tape reader :confused: but you just enter the parameters at the machine manually :eek: hope to not loose the paper list of them if the batt goes dead :eek: I'm in the shop today and tomorrow :D now to remember what I was doing :confused::eek: taking all morning :eek:

doodlebug
04-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Good luck with it!
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug

pugs
04-28-2011, 08:23 PM
I use EasyDNC for communication on my machines. Works good on both batch files and drip feeding, and is easy to setup. Hardest thing with a new(old) machine is usually making up your own RS232 plug with he wires crossed right and to the right terminals.

ihbuilder
04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
well I actually got some chips made on it to day :) not by a program yet :( Z is fixed for now till I get the amp I just move the knee up and down for now . I broke my vice bending a bumper for someone well now I'm just going to get a chunk of alum tomorrow and mill it :D watching this thing hog some metal off , I don't want to go back to the lil thing on the bench :D OH I'm also thinking of cutting my track frames for my td40 :D we'll see how time permits :(

ihbuilder
05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
well where the chips came from , Donny's bumper , still not done , cause the pos dicided to not work again :mad::mad: well I'm waiting for the new amp :(

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/ihbuilder/PIC_1126.jpg

this is a wrap around for a globe It just rough in and the shop is full of chips :eek: still got to get a corner rounding bit

the cutter :D 3.5" dia. part of my tool scrounging trip on friday :D perfect for doing wheel opening radi
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/ihbuilder/PIC_1127.jpg

Cossett
05-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Patients grasshopper its only testing you to see how long it takes before you really get the sh#t's and replace the whole thing with something better LOL:p:D

Cheers Tracy

ihbuilder
05-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Patients grasshopper its only testing you to see how long it takes before you really get the sh#t's and replace the whole thing with something better LOL:p:D

Cheers Tracy

well I think I finally won out :p It's working :) ( for now :confused: ) now to get the cam software so I can import my cad DWG's just talked to a rep and he never heard of my version ( before his time ) :eek: "88"

ihbuilder
06-29-2011, 09:32 PM
I hate waiting for shyt to get here so I can get something done :mad::mad: I'm waiting on $ to get the machines I need waiting on more parts to fix the F'n 1 I have . Ahh $h!? , I'm tired and feel like $h!? :(:mad: , goodnight :eek::eek:

gun
06-29-2011, 09:58 PM
they say you cant win all the time but wouldnt it be nice to just win once ?? hang in there
shane

sneaky-pete
06-30-2011, 08:36 AM
You could go back to making wheels the old way:D.
With my orders and others here we could keep you and a helper busy for
a year,then you would have enough mony to pay someone for your setup.

All joking asside hang in there Steve....good things come to those who wait.

ihbuilder
06-30-2011, 06:02 PM
You could go back to making wheels the old way:D.
With my orders and others here we could keep you and a helper busy for
a year,then you would have enough mony to pay someone for your setup.

All joking asside hang in there Steve....good things come to those who wait.

funny or not that may happen but with newer and bigger lathe . Got my shipments today for the POS mill , Funny they usually e-mail when they ship :confused: Now waiting for the new mill and lathe to arrive was hopping for the 4th :confused:

dirtpusher9
06-30-2011, 07:29 PM
NEW, lathe AND mill, WOW. Congratulations Steve.

ihbuilder
06-30-2011, 08:27 PM
NEW, lathe AND mill, WOW. Congratulations Steve.

Well the VMC is a 1999 the guy bought it for a contract that fell through so It has never seen any type of metal in it :eek: the lathe is late 80's unfortunately with the trouble I had with my 1st cnc mill I refuse to get anything older then 2000 and they are up there in the price range :eek: need less to say with trying to get both I fell a little shy on available $ so I got the next best on the lathe . I can put my bar through the spindle which saves a bunch of time :) so save some more and maybe a HMC in the future :) The bugger is I got to go back in my barn cause the floor is designed for the weight unlike the heated floor in my basement garage ( can't risk f'n up that :eek: ) another bummer is , I'm pretty much chained to the east coast for another year :( . Suddenly a whole bunch of work came in this summer .

spudd
07-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey Steve not sure how thick your floor is but we set up a friend of mines shop and he has infloor heat.we put in a Cnc,huge metal break and a lath all on 2x6 oak planks with rubber mats underneath with no problem to the heat coils
The place he bought them from had the same infloor heat and they were told that the weight distribution would not be a issue if he set it up this way
It has been about 3 years now and everything seem to be fine
Not sure how thick your flood is but his is 3 to 4 inches

ihbuilder
07-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Spudd , I got 4" @ 4500PSI mix the lathe no problem but the mills are 6500Lbs and 8500 Lbs not only that I'm running out of room and available elc :eek: I had always planned to expand the barn and bring in a 480v service .

doodlebug
07-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Oooh, high voltage 3 phase! Bring it on!
Later, Neil #2 aka doodlebug.

ihbuilder
07-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I wish Neil :( you can get 440 single phase . 3 phase is a costly endeavor even though It's just down the street :( I put some # together today , looks like a rubber matt and a steel plate under the mills in the current shop thanks too Spudd , for the rubber matt Idea ;)

doodlebug
07-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Hey Steve, I lucked out, with a 200 amp 220volt 3 phase service, into my shipping container shop. Sure make's the inverter welder run smoother
(maybe that's all in my head).
Sometime's, make's me wonder if a genset would be more economical?

spudd
07-03-2011, 06:49 AM
I checked in to 3phase a couple years ago and got the crap surprised out of me!!!!!!!!!!
After the slab,transformer box and running in the wire it would be about $14000

ihbuilder
07-03-2011, 07:14 AM
yea thats about right Spudd :eek: I got at least a mile to a 3 phase line . so I'd have to pay for the infrastructure to get it to me :( If I get into a HMC , I my go the generator route depending the hp it has :confused: . before that happens ,you'll have to buy a LOT of wheels :eek:

spudd
07-03-2011, 09:56 AM
I don't have to go that far but they would have to bore under a road to run mine.I'm thinking I will wait till someone buys the lot next to me and runs it in there shop. Talk about sticker shock!!!! I was thinking about 7 to 8 grand not $14000
I feel for ya Steve. I had my air compressor converted as it was 3 phase but now anything I buy I have to keep in mind not to get 3 phase

ihbuilder
07-03-2011, 10:59 AM
yea it sucks :mad: Cause all the production machines are 20+ hp I ran a 25HP RPC , It takes a 100A to run but starting it :eek: . I sold it off and trying to stay as low as hp motors I can with a VFD . the VMC already has 1 in it :) just hook to line 1&3 and trow the switch :) the lathe , well the 1 I got for this POS knee mill will go on it . I'm not sure about keeping this knee mill :confused: I'm tired of fixing it :mad: I got this jumping on the x axis when changing direction I checked it out mechanically (OK) swapped drives (no change ) + it stopped mid program with no error code , WTF I'm thinking new control in order for it :confused: ( the fellows last words as I leave with it :mad:) working ha , AZZ :mad: I can jog mill with it but thats about all , Kinda pisses me off as I was hopping to use it for scale drop deck frames :mad: looks like call the local water jet guys and tig weld .

spudd
07-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I have learned that fun = $
Wow I was pissed when I had to convert my air compressor!!!
You win hands down!!!

ihbuilder
07-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Spudd , 3 phase conversion on machinery is not bad till you get above 15HP . The reason I had the 25HP RPC was to run a monster air compressor well I finally asked the right person and said " nope it can't be done " :mad: when a air compressor starts under a load the amp draw is more then a phase convertor can handle ( found that out the hard way :( )

BOY AM I GLADE I'M NOT A MILLWRIGHT :eek::eek: I still got to move the lathe in yet :eek:

spudd
07-08-2011, 07:38 PM
My compressor is 10hp and was 3phase and converted it
I wish I would have put electronic start on it!!!!! When it starts the wires vibrate and all the lights in a squair mile dim!!!!!!!

pugs
07-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Could also look in to a soft start and unloader valve for your compressor to reduce the high start load. Mine is same way, big load on start. Someday it will be replaced with a screw compressor which has unloader built in and is alot quieter overall as well (keep my sanity)

ihbuilder
07-08-2011, 08:26 PM
well the compressor I was going to use went to the scrap yard :( when I took it apart found out it was worn out before I got it :mad: Another used POS experience :( only thing I got out of it was the spring material for the hendrickson suspension on my lil 9370 dump ;) I ended up getting a 7.5 hp T30 in the winter I have to drain it at night which is a good practice to keep the water out .

WELL the machines are in :) Lil more maneuvering and leveling then I got to wire :eek: I had to pull the landal up the drive , My wife thought it was funny seeing my TD8E pulling a loaded puppy up the hill . had to be done as he had to slide the trailer axles all the way front which took the weight off the tractor . Unfortunately she didn't take pics :mad::o . needless to say I gave another drive some new experience :D

ihbuilder
08-06-2011, 06:23 PM
the good news is the machines are a good deal and running :) but for some @#$% reason end mills seem to breke on a friday afternoon and the spare breaks on sat afternoon :mad::mad::mad: WT& is it really worth it to get carbide from .125 down :confused:

pugs
08-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I have the same problem with stuff breaking on a Friday afternoon, usually just after the cut off time with MSC to get new stuff by Monday.