PDA

View Full Version : Ford VS Chevy.Now Spudd roast!

fhhhstix
04-24-2011, 07:18 PM
OK why is tit when the new Camaro came out the magazines compared the SS version to the mustang GT and not the Cobra which is closer in HP and displacement. The magazines also picked a Dodge RT Challenger and not the SRT8 which is also closer in HP and displacement. The magazine was car and driver that has always been a Chevy fan but hay they aren't biased.:rolleyes:

Travis

will43209
04-24-2011, 07:37 PM
I think the Cobra's competition would be the Vette. The Cobra is their "street" supercar, outside of the Ford GT. I think they went by price on the comparison. The Vette will kill the Cobra, and its cheaper. In my opinion, on price and style and speed and options---Chevy's Rule! Why spend $80grand on a Ford Mustang, when it can't beat a $60grand Vette?

fhhhstix
04-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I think the Cobra's competition would be the Vette. The Cobra is their "street" supercar, outside of the Ford GT. I think they went by price on the comparison. The Vette will kill the Cobra, and its cheaper. In my opinion, on price and style and speed and options---Chevy's Rule! Why spend $80grand on a Ford Mustang, when it can't beat a $60grand Vette?

Leave price out of it the Cobra is still a mustang, and the Vette is not a Camaro and you are saying it is fair to put a 500HP Camaro up against a 300HP Mustang now come on.:rolleyes: Now if you want apples to apples lets put the Vette up against the Ford GT.:D

Travis

will43209
04-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Well Ford should make a 500 hp Mustang in the same price range. Shelby GT's cost around $100grand, with a little more hp. I would put a Z06 Vette up against a Ford GT. They have almost the same hp, but the Vette is lighter. I bet it'll be close, and wouldn't cost over $100grand. The 2011 Zo6 Vette, all carbon fiber, 6 speed trans is $63grand. So, with price and performance--Chevy Rocks! :D

fhhhstix
04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
I guess with a government hand out Chevy can keep their price down so look at it this way your tax money helped you by a cheaper car.:D

Travis

will43209
04-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Cool! I'll take it! :) And will still beat a Mustang off the light! The SS is a 6 speed automatic. I can also shift it manually with the paddles on the wheel. I think Chevy has a better all around car.

ihbuilder
04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
I guess with a government hand out Chevy can keep their price down so look at it this way your tax money helped you by a cheaper car.:D

Travis

thats a good 1 :D I always thought GM = gov. motors :p:p:p:p:p:p oh wait a min . they're still making the vette and camaro :eek: I thought they only could make electric cars :eek::eek::eek: :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

will43209
04-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I guess they said "Sike!". But all big businesses are hooked up with the government in some way. From tax breaks, to borrowing $$$. So in reality, as long as they pay taxes, and keep things "clean" on the outside--they can pretty much do what they want. :)

fhhhstix
04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Cool! I'll take it! :) And will still beat a Mustang off the light! The SS is a 6 speed automatic. I can also shift it manually with the paddles on the wheel. I think Chevy has a better all around car.

An automatic!:rolleyes: I thought you said you had a sports car.:D All kidding aside the Camaro is a good car it is just a shame they took so long to bring it back after Ford release the new Stang for 2005, well at least Dodge took notice and released the Challenger. In 2006 when I bought by red Stang it was the only option and when I got the 2010 I couldn't beat the deal I got on it. My new Stang has every option but the convertible which I didn't want any way. I bought the 2010 in Aug of 09 and with my trade in and talking them down I got a fully loaded GT Premium for $19,000 and it listed for $35,000 so I didn't feel to bad about that. I had one thing going for me when I traded I wanted the new car but really didn't care if I got it unless they met my terms and after two weeks of the salesmen hounding me he realized that.:D

Travis

Travis

will43209
04-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Good deal Travis! I paid $37 cash in April of 2010. My Dad told me about 15 years ago, "Son, if you can--Never have a car payment!" Well, once I understood what he was saying, and figured out how to do it--I'm glad to say I haven't had a car payment in over 10 years. My wifes mad right now, because she's making payments. When you add the car plus the interest, its like you're paying double. I just started buying cars, fixing them up and selling them for more than I paid for it. Even with my business, I did the same thing. All my trucks are paid for cash. I teach my kids the samething. It works for me. Man Travis, I forgot this is a scale semi truck forum! Ttyl. :D

fhhhstix
04-24-2011, 09:24 PM
We can have fun and discus other stuff and the cars are part of our lives as well and as much as I love RC it is not the only thing I do for fun.

Travis

will43209
04-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Me either. Heh heh heh. The Bud truck has been a welcomed friend at my house! Cheers:D

Bodyman
04-24-2011, 09:37 PM
at least ford told the goverment to shove thier money up thier ash when they tried to tell themhow to run thier company. The GM bigwigs dont care about the company,they
still get there money. and gm still owes the govt. billions. Ford had his name at stake.
its his company. hey travis, i have a 08 GT convertible. i ordered it special. Everything
but heated seats since its stored in the winter. The manager at indy let me parked it out front last year. And for ten grand i can send it down to shelby and they can make it a shelby with 500 hp. 3 yrs od and only 5800 miles on it.

derailed
04-24-2011, 09:54 PM
scared to drive it eh
i'll take the camaro thank you

ihbuilder
04-24-2011, 09:54 PM
you guys can have your new 1's although that challenger catches my eye ;) a few changes and I'd have a new plymouth . I've talked about selling my "68" barracuda but wife said NO!! :eek::eek::D:D I had a "69" also but got tired of seeing it rusting away before I could get it built as a pro street :(

derailed
04-24-2011, 10:00 PM
a challenger built up would look good and run top notch
but a mustang will always be the same
no use beating a dead horse, it won't do anything
i probably would like a new mustang if they changed it
it does have some promise, not alot but some

td9clyde
04-24-2011, 10:01 PM
I have one lol first gen all wheel drive 4 cylinder turbo mitsubishi eclipse would beat both the vette and the mustang off the line bone stalk :D

ihbuilder
04-24-2011, 10:05 PM
well the challenger is going to be in compitition with a VW tdi jet :( and beside my big dump didn't sell So over the next couple years I'll be adding some bling to it :eek::eek::D:D so cars are out for me . more likely machine tools :eek:

derailed
04-24-2011, 10:07 PM
LOL
it may have bottom end but loses it top end
don't put anything past a turbo import tho
pocket rockets
lol

ihbuilder
04-24-2011, 10:18 PM
glen , I'm talking practicality :( if my wife didn't drive 60 mi. 1 way to work I'd grab that challenger in a hart beat :D

will43209
04-24-2011, 10:24 PM
160 miles one way? Mine would have a CDL! :) Mine drives 60 one way. That's a lot of miles every day. Wheeew! I'd be too tired to work when I got there! :D

ihbuilder
04-24-2011, 10:41 PM
:o what the heck was I thinking Duh 60mi 1.5 hr drive I use to run it with truck and trailer + then haul stone all day then back to the house I do not miss it :eek:

derailed
04-24-2011, 11:29 PM
lol
i'm looking at a mercedes as my next car
i can get the small ones new for $20,000
and the fuel savings
WOW!!!
ok so the nearest mechanic for benz is 250 miles from here, but what the heck
i'm saving up for it now
it will pay for itself in no time
people talk about power in a car
but todays gas prices, i look at total cost
low repairs and great fuel economy
now "THAT'S A CAR!"

will43209
04-24-2011, 11:45 PM
In a way I agree with you. This car I have burns some gas, but I drive like a "Bat outta ****"! :) when the weathers nice, I have to fill up twice a week. And that's just city driving. I'll never drive it outta town. Too much in gas!

sparkycuda
04-24-2011, 11:51 PM
So the "My car is better than your car!" arguments still go on. Was daily fare in the 60's and 70's, when you could start with a pretty fast ride, but had to build it better yourself. Today's cars are mostly store-bought and the government really cramps your style with what you cannot do to modify the engine or exhaust. I don't get much interested in today's discussions that revolve around factory-bought, HP vs $$, assembly-line cars. They are okay, they are fast, handle well, etc., but I don't think have any individuality.

I'll stick to my 67 Barracuda coupe, Hyper-pak Slant Six, 4-speed, quasi-Formula S - a combination that never existed from Chrysler. 'Course my boys tell me I'm just an Old Guy - but I can out-shift 'em in the quarter!

Ken

will43209
04-25-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm old school too. 64 Implala. No new car can replace the true muscle cars!!!:D
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/will43209/Cars/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTEtMjAxMDA4MDEtMTExOC5qcGc.jpg
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/will43209/Cars/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTMtMjAxMDA4MDEtMTE0Ny5qcGc.jpg
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/will43209/Cars/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDktMjAxMDA4MDEtMTExNi5qcGc.jpg

derailed
04-25-2011, 01:06 AM
so true
the oldies are best no matter who made them
todays cookie cutter "so-called" sports cars are a laugh
i drive a buick
it has 4 wheels and an engine
gets by and very dependable
it helps that it has a supercharger
i use it on the highway alot and it's comfortable
it's as good at 60mph as it is when i run it at 90-100 mph
gets a bit thirsty at 100 tho
i had to go out of town for a meeting yesterday
i set my cruise at 95mph and let it go
no complaints
my friend said he would never try that with his mustang
wonder why

ihbuilder
04-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Hey Ken " 68 " formula s 340 4 bl 4 speed stick all original :D

sparkycuda
04-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Hey, Steve! Your 68 sounds like a great ride. There are at least a couple of Mopar heads in the crowd. Have quite a few here in southern Indiana because there was a really strong Dodge-Chrysler-Plymouth dealer in the area during the 60's through 80's. Since it's a more rural area many of the cars are still running around and people still building them.

Ken

Bodyman
04-25-2011, 10:02 AM
hi derailed,
naw, just dont want to trash it with the ohio winter.
its just a toy. i did have it up to 110 on SR 76

td9clyde
04-25-2011, 02:52 PM
LOL
it may have bottom end but loses it top end
don't put anything past a turbo import tho
pocket rockets
lol

you usually get them to 70 mph in second gear they usually top out at 135 140 on the top end unless you do a lil woprk to them then you get all kinds of crazy speed outta those import cars lol :D i would be willin to give ol Travis a run against his mustang when i get my lil ricer car back lol I only have a lil 4 cylinder and only pushin 225 hp one lil quarter mile run lol :D:D

td9clyde
04-25-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm old school too. 64 Implala. No new car can replace the true muscle cars!!!:D
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/will43209/Cars/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTEtMjAxMDA4MDEtMTExOC5qcGc.jpg
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/will43209/Cars/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTMtMjAxMDA4MDEtMTE0Ny5qcGc.jpg
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/will43209/Cars/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDktMjAxMDA4MDEtMTExNi5qcGc.jpg

I used to have a 56 ford puck up truck that was that pretty nuder the hood I had a 351 w in it ....ford the real power!!!!!!!:D :D sorry hadda say it but that is one nice impala in those pics

will43209
04-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks td9clyde! It has a C05 small block Vette motor with cold air intake system on it. A lot of billet and chrome parts, shifter on the floor. Custom trunk, fiberglass dash and full Air ride. Its getting Gator seats, and new wider rims now. Those are 22" Asanti rims. 8s in the front, 10s in the back. I'm puttin 22x11.5 in the rear. This don't hit the freeway, but I did 173mph in the SS on SR 104. Not many cops out there. I had to back off of her, because I got nervous! It has 220 on the dash. I'll never red-line that car--NEVER! :D

td9clyde
04-25-2011, 05:56 PM
lol :D

fhhhstix
04-25-2011, 06:24 PM
2010 GT with plenty of power and 25mpg having fun and 30mpg on the high way not bad for a 315hp V8!!!

Travis

mazdaparts
04-25-2011, 11:55 PM
I love these debates. You never can convince the ford guys that chevys or mopars are better and the ford guys can't get nothing through the other moron's heads. LMAO.

Any one catch the latest Forbes magazine worst car list? Ford was the only one of the big three that didn't have a vehicle on the list. Hmmmm wonder why that is?

To be completely honest, I'm a ford guy through and through, but all makes and models have their problems. Some are minor others aren't. I know from my experience the new camaro looks ok from the outside but the inside is butt ugly and the windshield is so short. The mustang is just the total package, looks, power, fun and a decent price.

td9clyde
04-26-2011, 05:57 PM
i like anything that runs and drives lmao

spudd
04-26-2011, 07:50 PM
i have been in the automotive business for more then 25 years and the one thing i can tell you is what ever someone has seams to be the best there is!!!!!!!!!! i think they all have there faults and positives....... i work on everything out there and have seen it all as far as how a automobile or truck is put together and there isn't one that you can say is better then the other.they all have there problems.......but that's a good thing otherwise we wouldn't have anything to ***** about.
i personally like general motors the best just because the way they build there bodies compared to anything else.BUT!!!!!!!! i dont think they are the best

thanks for the input guys it has made for some good reading LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romelio
04-27-2011, 08:06 AM
09 pontiac g8 gt. I love my 4 door sedan with a 6.0L v8. Looking to buy a brand new 2010 Nissan gtr after my wedding.. wife already agreed to it before hand so I'm good..

td9clyde
04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
skyline?????? if so your one lucky dude

FreddyGearDrive
04-28-2011, 07:47 AM
If the firing order isn't 18436572 it ain't worth buildin!:D:p So there!:p
FGD

Tamiya Cowboy
04-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Freddy dont you mean 1-6-5-10-2-7-3-8-4-9

spudd
04-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Freddy can't count!!!!
He only has 8 fingers

fhhhstix
04-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Ya but he has 12 toes so it evens out in the end.:D

Travis

Tamiya Cowboy
04-28-2011, 11:32 PM
LOL!!

CrimsonCorsair
04-28-2011, 11:32 PM
When I was in high school in 19(cough cough) everyone had a mustang or a camaro. So I opted for something different - a 1970 AMC Javelin. It was bright orange with a Starsky and Hutch stripe. Mild lift cam, high rise manifold, rochester quadra-jet, headers, and a custom tuck and roll interior. All of those items and the year of the car should tell you I am an old man - but it got a lot of looks back then because it was very different from everything else out there. Sold it to buy a motorcycle - go figure :)

FreddyGearDrive
04-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Yo Corsair,AMC'S where kool back then,my Grandparents had two of them!
I myself was into the pacer:rolleyes:
Always wanted to see what would happen if you put some horse power under the hood of one of them. Then slam some 10" wrinkle walls on er & dump the clutch at 3000 rpms.I'de bet every piece of glass would blow
out out of it!
Anyhow,sorry to here you have to live with that childhood memory!:D
Look at the bright side!At least it wasn't a beetle!:cool:
FGD

derailed
04-29-2011, 05:35 PM
my first car was a beetle
picture this
when it was given to me, it was still in the original paint
factory paint was "PINK"!!!!!!!!!!!!
i refused to drive it as is
called a tow truck and had it hauled to the VW shop
stock 1600 dual port was dropped out in favor of a custom built race engine
once the engine was done and shoehorned in(was alot bigger than the original)
i had it towed to a body shop
repainted it tu-toned black and red
THEN i drove it home
man it was fast
installed race tires and talk about traction for an econo car
it was a fun lil car and got alot of attention including the cops that enjoyed seeing the front wheels lift at the traffic lights
if i had money to burn, i would build up another one exactly like my first one

ihbuilder
04-29-2011, 05:41 PM
aw no herbie paint scheme :p:p:p:p:p:p

derailed
04-29-2011, 05:59 PM
nope
i built it to race
lol

ihbuilder
05-01-2011, 08:10 AM
:confused: " can also shift it manually with the paddles on the wheel. " :confused:

OK maybe I've been in my cave to long or gettin up there in age :confused: what the heck is shift paddles on the steering wheel ? :confused: 2nd time I heard of that :confused: only shifting I know of , 1 foot on the clutch and 1 on the gas 1 hand on the wheel the other jammin gears :p

FreddyGearDrive
05-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Derailed,i didn't mean I didn't like bugs,Just don't like them on the road.:D
I had quit a few of them.Just used them in a better style.All's you need is a set of tourches,chop saw,arc welder,some 2'black pipe,& some angle steel.It's also better if you have a good hydraulic bender, didn't have one,so I cut the pipe on 45.
Had one I shorted 14",Now that mother was fun!:D
I was always amazed at how much power you could get out of that little 4 banger.
Derailed if you get another one,I here Spudds shop will replace the water pump at a good price!
Don't forgit,it's the only shop I know of that offers this service!:D
FGD

ihbuilder
05-01-2011, 10:07 AM
" shop will replace the water pump at a good price!
Don't forgit,it's the only shop I know of that offers this service! "

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-044.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

mazdaparts
05-01-2011, 10:23 AM
I got a flyer from them on the diesel tune up special. Spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor and retiming for $295. I set up my appointment for tuesday.

FreddyGearDrive
05-01-2011, 10:35 AM
I got a flyer from them on the diesel tune up special. Spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor and retiming for $295. I set up my appointment for tuesday.

Might want to bring your own parts!It takes awhile for his deliveries.The parts stores couldn't afford the fuel back & forth.So he can only get a delivery once a week,takes some time when they are delivered via a mule.
FGD

JAMMER
05-01-2011, 12:28 PM
O Boy this is a good one, (DIESEL tune up SPARK PLUGS, WIRES, CAP & ROTOR) now that's a good one and only $295. Now let see a diesel has glow plugs no spark plugs, wires, cap or rotor there is something wrong here. Ed

spudd
05-01-2011, 12:36 PM
what the frickity frack did i do to deserve this?????????????????
yes i do offer this service but only as a spring special and every year i get Freddy to bring in his bug for the water pump change.
mazdaparts is getting the spring tune up price and after tuesday its over.the parts prices have gone through the roof!!!!!!!!!!!! not only that my timeinglight burnt out a light bulb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ands the mule only runs on Thursday now cuzz of the gas prices.

sorry to all who wanted to take advantage of the spring prices but its out of my hands

JAMMER
05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
To all the Chevy lovers the new SLP Camaro has blown 427 small block 750 HP and turns 11.80 with street tires and with slicks it will run in the 10's not bad for a car you can buy from a dealer and run these numbers. Now got 100,000.00 + dollars? Ed

spudd
05-01-2011, 01:07 PM
and thanks for the free advertising............didn't even have to pay the vendors fee
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

derailed
05-01-2011, 06:05 PM
i used to play a joke on all the gas stations when i had my bug
i'd pull in at the full serve
guy would run up and ask"filler up?"
i'd say sure
he goes to the pump grabs the nozzle and look for the door at my rear quarter panel
he would get confused and look on the other side thinking i was on the wrong side
i'd point out its in the front quarter
he starts pumping gas then asks to check the oil
i simply say sure
it took me everything not to laugh
he goes to the front and tries to open the front
points and says"locked"
i hit the release and he opens the lid
after a few seconds, the deck lowers and he looks confused
comes around to the drivers door with an odd look
looks at me,asking"there's no engine"
i look at him with a confused look" there's no engine?"
seriously looking at me" no engine, but your spare tire is there where the engine should be"
i just look at him with a puzzled look
look at the odometer a sec
then i reply" oh that's ok, there's a spare in the back"
the look on the attendants face is priceless!
lol

fhhhstix
05-01-2011, 07:09 PM
One of our members (td9clyde) has a diesel engine with spark plugs wires cap and rotor and it came from the factory that way. Now if you think I am pulling your leg just ask him.

Travis

JAMMER
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Well I guess you right if you are talking about a pony motor on a Cat. Ed

fhhhstix
05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
No not a cat. The plugs are in the same head as the diesel injectors no pony motor.:D

Travis

ihbuilder
05-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I woulda had 1 too If thats a hint by any chance :p couple years back I saw a nice TD6 but not enough $ on hand :( then A guy I knoew bought it for a 1/3 of what they where asking :eek: :mad::mad: oh well I still have my td 8E :)

doodlebug
05-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Don't forget 3 valve's per cylinder, and the compression release chamber. Yah interesting design!

mazdaparts
05-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Hey spudd, will there be time to change my blinker fluid and grease the muffler bearing when I come in on tuesday?

CrimsonCorsair
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
My trooper needs the air changed in my tires. I still have the winter air in them. Can you get to that this week?

spudd
05-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Got it covered..... Just for you

FreddyGearDrive
05-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Not to divert from breakin Spudds girls.But have you boys ever seen the old John Deere tractors that had two fuel tanks on them? You would start them on gas,close the air finns on the radiator,bring them up to temp then switch them over to diesel or heating oil.The whole tractor would shake till it got used to runnin on diesel.Man the differance in power & just the sound was unreal. If you stalled it while burnin diesel,you would flip them back to gas,open the drain on carb till only gas came out. Then grab the flywheel & hope like **** all the diesel was gone so it didn't ripe your fingers off when you spun the flywheel to start them. That was the only engine I saw that ran diesel through a carb. If you were really workin it for a long time & went to shut it off by killin the spark,it would just keep runnin like you didn't do a thing. You would have to switch back to gas,let it run for a bit.Then kill the spark.
Just wondered if any of you boys ever seen this set up before?
Spudd,sorry I don't have nothin at this time to break on you over.
Just woke up,& haven't takin my mornin Spudd yet. Always think better after I leave a Spudd in the bowl!:D
Don't worry!I'll be back w/something for you in awhile!
FGD

td9clyde
05-02-2011, 06:15 AM
the ol ih crawlers that start on gas and switch to deisel would suck them deeres u0=p and spit 'em out as far as power lol as far as chevy and ford i would take a ford deisel with a 7.3 any day before a chevey anything and then there is the dodge cummins :D

spudd
05-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Oh thank god!!!!!!!
I woke up and I hear Bin Ladin has been killed and thought the site would be shut down being that I was sure that freddygeardrive was without a question bin Ladin

FreddyGearDrive
05-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Now Clyde,do you know why John Deere was the only company to paint there tractors green?? If you don't know,I'll be glad to tell you.
There the only one's that didn't worry about the tractor dieing out in a field some where,& the farmer not being able to find the tractor when he came back for it! That's why farmall & all the others went with, blue, red,yellow & white.So you could find the junk out in the field,when you had to come & drag it back w/a Deere!
Oh! Oliver did have a green for awhile,but it stuck out pretty good against the forest back ground!:D:D
I can always think better after my mornin Spudd! It went well this mornin,didn't even git none on me hands wipe'in!:cool:
FGD

spudd
05-02-2011, 09:30 AM
im with ya on the john deere

spudd
05-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Wow Freddy !!!!!!!!!!
That's the best you can come up with
Your lucky your mods are as sharp as they are or I would make you cry

FreddyGearDrive
05-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Now Spudd,I was going to play nice & Not tell people that the A.K.A of your shop is BEND OVER MOTORS!"WE DRIVE IT HOME"!:D:D
But I changed my mind.:p
FGD

spudd
05-02-2011, 04:17 PM
when have you ever played nice????????????????????????????
and isnt it realy Freddyreardrive?

ihbuilder
05-02-2011, 06:19 PM
well now freddy you know what the deere lu parts guy always said " see you tomorrow when it brakes again ;):rolleyes: :eek: dang things work good for half a day then come back to the shop for another week :eek::rolleyes:

clyde , I hate to say this :o but if you want to get some work done use a cummins :D all the rest are for playin :eek:

td9clyde
05-02-2011, 07:57 PM
yea i like the dodge's with the cummins in them but i also like the power strokes too and to the deer thing lol sorry i worked for a john Queer dealer and they are junk!!! actually the only thing Junk Deere ever truely made was a plow and nothing else the baught out water loo boys tractor company and renamed it the old farmalls /Internationals are still one of the better tractors they still have a Farmall line of tractors now I have seen new ones on the case/IH dealer lots i think i would stick with ol red anyday for another comparison take a 1950 deere dozer and compare it to a 1950 International , the IH;s were so far advance it wasn't funny :D.....no pony motor no open flywheels

ihbuilder
05-02-2011, 08:14 PM
yep JUNK alright :p flippin 350 loader we had always came back mid day to get fixed for the next day :eek: then the matching dozer :eek: even with loctite on the bolts within a week we be tightening up bolts from the motor to the rear :eek: the lil 310 case and 3514 back hoe did all the work :eek: well the dozer soon went by by :D in come the td7e :D then the 100E bran spanking new :eek: :D:D:D still got them today :) and will still run circles around a deere lu :p

Izzy
05-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Passed a Farm just the other day - He had about 7 Internationals pullin around a bunch of green implements. LOL

Sorry but I'm an IH fan.....