PDA

View Full Version : bruder excavator help

loie1044
05-01-2011, 04:21 PM
I am currently converting a bruder excavator. I have completed the track drives and am having trouble figuring out how to make the swivel for the main body. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I would also like to know the best way to make the screw drives. I read a thread on how to make them using a wood drill bit, but I'm not sure if that is the most reliable way to go. Any help would be appreciated.

rockNmayhem
05-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Assuming you are building the bruder model based on the CAT320 there are several ways to make your base swivel. You can mount a spur gear on the track drive chassis and run a servo opperated pinion gear on the main chassis that will allow 360' rotation, or you could also simply mount a servo converted to 360' rotation to the main chassis and make a plate to adapt the lower chassis that you mount a servo horn to. If you need any help I can further assist in pm's or email as I have a current project going with one as well.

Secondly as for the screw drives I build them and can also help you in producing sets for your's. Take a look at Pumptech's or my build threads to get a good idea of what can be done.

loie1044
05-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Thank you rockNmayhem,
The model I am converting is the CAT320. What kind and where can I get a spur gear that large? I will check out your build thread for ideas. Once again Thank you