PDA

View Full Version : another freddygearjammer bump box

spudd
05-01-2011, 06:58 PM
doing a overhaul on this mack i bought from Alfy awhile back......
i put a freddy built dump box on her with hydraulic dump {no it doesn't leak}
wheels were made by new member deereboy3020
fit all the electronics in the cab..has sound
need to paint the box remount the tanks and make a front bumper
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/dakotah30/DSCN0710.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/dakotah30/DSCN0709_edited.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/dakotah30/DSCN0710_edited.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/dakotah30/DSCN0706.jpg

still alot of work but in all its been a blast thanks for lookin

fhhhstix
05-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Looks good and I hope you have good luck with the hyd. The only thing I would suggest is your lift axle tires look a bit small but if the rims are the same size as a WEDICO rim i would look at getting some WEDICO tires.

Travis

will43209
05-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Nice!! I love to see those Macks with SS's in the front. Very nice rims and tires. Are those wedico rims on the lift? Seems to be the "odd" piece on the truck. Can he make the same rims in that size? Plus it has sound?! Where did you put that at?! Great job on 'er. :D

Heavy Metal
05-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Looking good Scott. I like. Did you make the bump out in the box (for the cylinder) or is that a FGD option? (I guess that's what the "bump" in bump box refers to?) Joe

spudd
05-02-2011, 07:45 AM
The box is all freddygeardrive as for the lift axle I patterned it off one that I work on in real life.the guy that owns it said they do it to save weight. I will snap some pictures of it soon. There are allot set up like that around here

FreddyGearDrive
05-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Lookin real good!They use the smaller tires around here also for the lift axle.I hope your going to paint the cab also.
Can't wait to see er done!
FGD

Panther F
05-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Nice looking truck!! What brand is it if no one mind's me asking a newbie question. Does the cab fold forward? Is this still available for sale?

Sorry for all the questions guys, just never seen a Mack truck before. :)

- Jeff

jjackso5
05-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Jeff, I believe that the cab is a "Bruder" adapted to the Tamiya chassis, a custom build. As far as I know the Bruder products are still available at toy stores and on e-bay. They can be purchased separately as individual vehicles or some in sets with other types of equipment and extras.

There are several threads that document the conversions on this forum. You can search to see how these were done.

I hope this helps. Have you purchased a truck yet?

Jim

Panther F
05-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Have you purchased a truck yet?

Jim

When I do it'll be a major announcement, you can be sure of that. :p

- Jeff

spudd
05-02-2011, 09:35 AM
it is in fact a Bruder.they are fun to convert.yes the hood tilts forward to revile a fake motor

MACK Daddy
05-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Nice to see you finally posted pics, Mack came out great

Alfy

Espeefan
05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Great looking Mack Granite dump truck. I think the lift axle's wheels and tires look just fine. I've seen plenty of 1:1 dump trucks with the smaller sized combo, so it is prototypical and accurate. The box looks great. I've always admired Fred's work. He does a good job on those. The dog house for the hoist looks really well done.

spudd
05-02-2011, 12:31 PM
freddy's boxes are top notch.i have look hard to find a flaw but dang it i cant find a thing.
that old buzzard can build one heck of a box!!!!!!!!!!!!
but dont tell him i said that!!!!!!!!!! it will only give him a bigger head

spudd
05-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Nice!! I love to see those Macks with SS's in the front. Very nice rims and tires. Are those wedico rims on the lift? Seems to be the "odd" piece on the truck. Can he make the same rims in that size? Plus it has sound?! Where did you put that at?! Great job on 'er. :D

Will the speaker is in the cab pointed out the back window.its kinda tight in the cab
deereboy can make just about any rim you want.only limitation seams to be number of holes but man are they nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRICKNICK
05-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Nice looking work horse...gotta love Macks

deereboy3020
05-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Nice to see you finally posted pics, Mack came out great

Alfy..^ amen to that mackdaddy..Scott has a pile of stuff that we may be ever so lucky to see some day:D...As he said, I can make a few styles of rims for trucks and tractors...Those drop rims are mine...Hey I's just makin em the way the "customer" wanted...I told him they looked a little wimpy...BUT Nooo....Nice rig Scott.

Daniel:)

RCTech9
05-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Nice start Spudd!!!