PDA

View Full Version : What's with the reputation points?

Espeefan
05-02-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm curious to learn more about the reputation points. Yes, I've seen plenty of other forums that have this feature too. The reputation points are those little green bars that add up, across from each member's screen name, as you make posts. Some forums let members vote on such posts or helpful replies to questions. Why is it that only mods seem to be gaining the reputation points? All us regular members have nothing. If you hold the mouse on the green bars, some say 'so and so is on a distinguished path' or 'so and so has an aurora about them'. Just curious what that is all about.

fhhhstix
05-02-2011, 07:01 PM
It works just the same as the other forum but the members here have not been using it.:( If you click on the set of scales in the upper right hand of a post you can add to that members reputation. And yes some of the mods and other members are gaining reputation because we have ben using the system.:) I am glad you brought this up Nathan I was wandering when someone was going to ask and for being observant you will get some reputation points.:D

Travis

Espeefan
05-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey Travis, thanks for the explaination. It had me baffled. Makes sense to me now. I was tryong to figure this out for a while, so I appreciate the explaination!

fhhhstix
05-02-2011, 10:37 PM
No problem glad I could help and maybe some will read this and start using the reputation points to show appreciation to those who inspire them or just add to their enjoyment of the forum.

Travis

MACK Daddy
05-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I just noticed it now....lol

Alfy

fhhhstix
05-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Here is how the reputation system works.

Upon registration new users shall receive 10 reputation points.

Your reputation power starts at 0.

For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 1000 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 50 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

A user must have 10 reputation points before their reputation hits count on others.

A user must have 50 posts before their reputation hits count on others.

A user can give 10 reputation clicks over each 24 hour period.

A user must give reputation to 20 different users before they can hit the same person again.

The last 5 ratings will display in the user's control panel.

Travis

rockNmayhem
05-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Here is how the reputation system works.

Upon registration new users shall receive 10 reputation points.

Your reputation power starts at 0.

For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 1000 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 50 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

A user must have 10 reputation points before their reputation hits count on others.

A user must have 50 posts before their reputation hits count on others.

A user can give 10 reputation clicks over each 24 hour period.

A user must give reputation to 20 different users before they can hit the same person again.

The last 5 ratings will display in the user's control panel.

Travis

Cool thanks for posting this Travis. I wasn't sure how it worked on our forum vs. the others but now I get it and I'll for sure be using it along the way. :D

Tyler