PDA

View Full Version : "SLUMLORD" pic's...finally

glorydays24
05-11-2011, 02:43 AM
OK everyone, I finally got a camera and took some pic's of the "SLUMLORD". now like I said, I didn't paint the truck, Ryno that use to be with 4-state trucks and TRICK MY TRUCK. The truck is on FGD's frame rails:D

Enjoy

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/000_0001.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/000_0006.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/000_0002.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/000_0005.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/000_0003.jpg

Let me know what you think, and thanx for looking:)

Big John

egronvold
05-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Nice painting :)

Cossett
05-11-2011, 03:20 AM
That is a beautiful piece of art you have you lucky bastard :D

Cheers Tracy

nenard
05-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Friggin awsome paint! same color on chassis?

Brian in PA
05-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Cool!! Ryno's the man!

Brian

CrimsonCorsair
05-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Ryno was always the best part of Trick My Truck. I could have watched just 30 minutes of him doing his thing. You have a really one of a kind truck!

rc_farmer
05-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Awsome truck and paint job!

mikeymagz
05-11-2011, 08:42 AM
John that is insane!!

What a paint job! I would have to agree... color on the rails.

No chrome trim?? ;)

B-Train Hauler
05-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Wow!!! This painter is really an artist! You've got there an unique piece, congrats :)
Some project for it?

Gaetan

AZLIGHTNING
05-11-2011, 09:33 AM
That is a outstanding paint job always loved Rynos work on TMT, just awesome Congrats

tc1cat
05-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Great art work!! Now what color on the frame??? Would look classic if you covered the frame with stainless and then polished the frame and stainless. Lots of bling!!! Also polish the wheels!

ihbuilder
05-11-2011, 12:00 PM
thats just sweet :eek: I use to watch that show just to see Ryno paint :eek:

Papabaer
05-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Wow - what a paint job! Looking so cool Baby :cool::cool::cool:

BRICKNICK
05-11-2011, 05:06 PM
That's some serious paint. Looking good.

RAIDERS
05-11-2011, 05:08 PM
that is a sweet knight nice paint job...

Azorean
05-11-2011, 06:46 PM
WOW, great job, really nice painting.

glorydays24
05-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Thankyou so much for the very warm comments, I have to say when I first seen this truck, I was flabbergasted!!!
And to ansewer your questions...The rolling chassis you see is just temporary.
The chassis I have coming is longer, and the running boards won't be there, and it will have side pipes.
The color of the frame will be pewter in color. And the wheels are also temporary.

Thanx again, Big John

fhhhstix
05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
WOW very impressive!!!

Travis

Ace Trucker
05-11-2011, 07:20 PM
nice truck and really sweet paint job

russisloud
05-11-2011, 08:34 PM
can't wait to see the cab on its finial home. should look killer!!

glorydays24
05-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Thanx again guy's, i'm hoping the final chassis will be here near the end of the month:D

Big John

glorydays24
09-27-2011, 09:13 PM
OK guys and gals...I got some bad news about the rest of my "SLUMLORD" and trailer. The guy I bought this from screwed me, and I won't be getting the rest of the truck-trailer:( But that hasn't made me want to give up. I want eveyone's input on this...I was thinking light blue on the truck and trailer's frames to contrast the other shades of blues.
If you have a color that you think would look better, let me know:)
I am also thinking of some idea's of blue neon under the truck-trailer, and blue led's on the back of the sleeper, and so on.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx, Big John

bruce
09-28-2011, 05:47 AM
very nice looking rig, that paint job is awsome.

Straywolf
09-28-2011, 02:36 PM
OK guys and gals...I got some bad news about the rest of my "SLUMLORD" and trailer. The guy I bought this from screwed me, and I won't be getting the rest of the truck-trailer:( But that hasn't made me want to give up. I want eveyone's input on this...I was thinking light blue on the truck and trailer's frames to contrast the other shades of blues.
If you have a color that you think would look better, let me know:)
I am also thinking of some idea's of blue neon under the truck-trailer, and blue led's on the back of the sleeper, and so on.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx, Big John

Sorry to hear about the rest of the truck deal, but glad your not gonna give up:D

As for the light blue i am not really sure, what could help is that the frame rails your not gonna use i would paint those first with the light blue color let it dry then sit the cab you have on the mock up rails and look at it from all angles and even post here what it looks for more input.

To me it seems the light blue would maybe take away from the cab as light blue does really stand out.

To me i see it sitting on a dark blue frame or even black, which i would think it would help the cab stand out. Also i think black or dark blue wouldn't take away from the cab paint job.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

glorydays24
09-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Thank you Bruce, if I could only paint like that:rolleyes:

Mike, you changed my mind for me. I think I will go with dark blue. You said the light blue take away from the bodies, and I think you are right. Dark blue it is;)

Thanx again fella's, Big John

Cossett
09-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi big John, just to add to that maybe once the chassis rails are painted how about some scroll / line work on the side of the rails to compliment the pain job as that's a lot of chassis you have exposed there.......

Cheers Tracy

glorydays24
09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Tracy, i'm waiting on some stock frame rails from stylin n profilin. So it will be stock lenght, and i'm going to put fenders above the tandems. And I have a few ideas that I have in mind. But thanx for your input.

Big John

BRICKNICK
09-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Tracy, i'm waiting on some stock frame rails from stylin n profilin. So it will be stock lenght, and i'm going to put fenders above the tandems. And I have a few ideas that I have in mind. But thanx for your input.

Big John I would highly advise you to atleast a little bit of a stretch on the frame. As soon as its all painted and finished sitting on stock length rails, and u bring it out to a meet or show and see some of the length on the other trucks in comparison to stock you will wish you had a little bit of that large car frame stretch, by the way I agree with the dark blue or black frame color. If its dark blue you should do some kind of scrolling or two tone inlay.

glorydays24
09-30-2011, 08:54 PM
BRICKNICK, I do like the stretched frames, but I wasn't planning on a streched frame for this because as you can tell the farrings are not on the sleeper. But you got me thinking, I could go 3 or 4 inches. You think that will be enough?

Thanx, Big John

Stylin n profilin
09-30-2011, 09:30 PM
I think Nick is right....3 to 4 inch stretch would be perfect....Got wheelbase?:D

Dreamweaver
09-30-2011, 09:55 PM
John if you look at most stretched large cars.. They have no fairings on the backs of the sleepers.. I agree with the others on the frame color as well. You always want your frame darker in my opinion... In fact in cases of two tones you always want the lighter color to be the majority color and the dark to be the minority color.. Just my two cents worth but after having trucks in several truck shows I can tell ya that is the "Norm"..

~Mike~

glorydays24
09-30-2011, 10:02 PM
I think Nick is right....3 to 4 inch stretch would be perfect....Got wheelbase?:D

LOL!!!! I do like the long wheelbase on trucks. By the way, any news on the frame rails...I'm itching to get started. Take your time, but hurry, LOL!!!!

Big John

glorydays24
09-30-2011, 10:07 PM
John if you look at most stretched large cars.. They have no fairings on the backs of the sleepers.. I agree with the others on the frame color as well. You always want your frame darker in my opinion... In fact in cases of two tones you always want the lighter color to be the majority color and the dark to be the minority color.. Just my two cents worth but after having trucks in several truck shows I can tell ya that is the "Norm"..

~Mike~

Mike, the reason I wasn't going to add lentgh to the frame is w/o the farrings, it looks like there's more room between the truck and trailer. I was thinking when I paint the frame dark blue, putting a piece of stainless between the rails...What ya think? Thanx for your help, Big John

Cossett
10-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Hi Big John, you were saying "because as you can tell the farrings are not on the sleeper" why not get some nice aluminium ones made and even get them engraved and that would solve that problem??? I'm sure one of the talented vendors here could do that for you.....or some K&S Stainless Steel Strip like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0094P?&N=N&F=K%2BSR3046&L=K%2BSR6053&C=RDBK%2BS&P=6&S=

Cheers Tracy

glorydays24
10-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Tracy, I never even thought of stainless farrings, that would add some bling. As I like to say, "OOH SHINEY" LOL!!! If one of the vendors would like to attempt to make some, I have an idea. If someone could engrave the name SLUMLORD down each side, I think that would really set the whole theme of the truck off. Thank you a million Tracy.
Tracy, I know there's stainless that you can cut with scissors, do you know what thickness that would be? I do a lot of buisness with tower hobbies.
I would like to add stainless to the trailer also.
I really appreciate all of the input you fella's have on this project.
I want this to be the "best of show" in my fleet.

Thanx again, Big John

doodlebug
10-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Talk to your local trophy shop about engraving.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

BRICKNICK
10-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Here's some pics of my Kw I sold a lil while ago, it has a 60inch aerodyne sleeper with no farrings and a 285inch wheelbase not much extra room between sleeper and trailer, so I think you should still add some frame stretch

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc34/nickgirdwood/my%20pics/FxCam_1276114294176.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc34/nickgirdwood/trucks/kenworth1.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc34/nickgirdwood/trucks/imagejpeg_2_9.jpg

Dreamweaver
10-02-2011, 04:43 AM
Mike, the reason I wasn't going to add lentgh to the frame is w/o the farrings, it looks like there's more room between the truck and trailer. I was thinking when I paint the frame dark blue, putting a piece of stainless between the rails...What ya think? Thanx for your help, Big John

I think that is exactly what ya want to do.. Make sure you put it BETWEEN the rails and not over the top.

~Mike~

fyrbuilder
10-02-2011, 09:26 AM
That is an awesome paint job on the cab....and for my two cents worth I also like the idea of the stretched frame, adding some stainless to the cab....and the scrollwork on the frame rails would really set this off! Very nice work on it so far though...:)

glorydays24
10-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Talk to your local trophy shop about engraving.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

Thanx Neil, I will do that:D

Big John

glorydays24
10-02-2011, 06:26 PM
BRICKNICK, thanx for the pic's. That is a good looking KW, and I love the old school trucks. I will definintley be adding some lenght.

glorydays24
10-02-2011, 06:30 PM
I think that is exactly what ya want to do.. Make sure you put it BETWEEN the rails and not over the top.

~Mike~

For sure, for sure Mike...that is the way to go.

Big John

glorydays24
10-02-2011, 06:37 PM
That is an awesome paint job on the cab....and for my two cents worth I also like the idea of the stretched frame, adding some stainless to the cab....and the scrollwork on the frame rails would really set this off! Very nice work on it so far though...:)

OK frybuilder, first thing thanx for the compliments. Now if I do decide to do some scroll work on the frame, the trailer frame will have to match. My hands aren't real steady, so I will have hit up one of our master painters for this job...hint, hint...:):D:cool::eek:

Big John

glorydays24
11-12-2011, 07:05 PM
OK guy's and gal's, I have two sets of fenders coming from John aka S&P for the truck and trailer.
And I am getting a set of rails 4" longer than stock from FGD.
And last, but not least, ih builder, Steve is making an amazing bumper for the truck.

When I get these parts, I will take more pic's.
It's a long and slow process, but I should be ready for Indy in 2012:D

Big John

glorydays24
11-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Here is a set of exhaust tips I made a long time ago.
I was debating on putting them on...So after long deliberating, I decided to...And i'm glad I did.
Let me know what you all think:)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0040.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0041.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0042.jpg

And here the bumper i'm putting on, and I may go with the same on the tanker.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100B0030.jpg

Let me what you think, and thanx for looking:D

Big John

glorydays24
11-12-2011, 07:32 PM
I forgot to mention, I still need to polish the tips...Big John likes shiny lol.:eek:

Big John

Brian in PA
11-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Looking good John! What are you using for bumper guides?

Brian

glorydays24
11-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Looking good John! What are you using for bumper guides?

Brian

Thank you Brian...
The bumper guides is aluminum tubing, and I think it is about 1/16" in diamater.

Big John

dirdydogrc
11-13-2011, 07:44 AM
the truck looks amazing. the only thing i see wrong is your stacks are too long in a 1:1 truck the first bridge you came up to you would loose half of them and have a big ticket and tow bill. but that is just my opinion. the paint job is amazing i wish i had half your skill in painting

SWAGGER
11-13-2011, 05:21 PM
That is a killer paint job...this is going to be very nice when finished. I agree on the stacks, sorry - maybe lose 2 inches and they will look perfect. I'm liking where you are going with this, God speed!

glorydays24
11-13-2011, 07:52 PM
the truck looks amazing. the only thing i see wrong is your stacks are too long in a 1:1 truck the first bridge you came up to you would loose half of them and have a big ticket and tow bill. but that is just my opinion. the paint job is amazing i wish i had half your skill in painting

First let me say thanx for the compliment.
And i've been thinking of cutting down the exhaust, I really didn't know if they were to long or not.
And as far as the paint, I wish I could take credit...but I can't.
If you ever seen trick my truck, "RYNO" painted the truck and trailer, and I was very lucky to get this truck.:D:D:D

Big John

glorydays24
11-13-2011, 07:54 PM
That is a killer paint job...this is going to be very nice when finished. I agree on the stacks, sorry - maybe lose 2 inches and they will look perfect. I'm liking where you are going with this, God speed!

Thanx buddy, now i've had two people tell me to shorten the stax.
That's it, i'm doing it lol.:);):p

Big John

SWAGGER
11-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Yeah but I hope you don't feel about it! I think it's great that the folks on here openly share their tips and tricks as well as their opinions and don't keep it all top secret. I myself recently posted up my truck build and I already felt like my rotating beacons where too big and a few people on here then said it themselves, so now I know for sure how to make my truck look better.

Seriously though man, this is a great project. I agree with the others also on the 3-4 inch stretch and a darker chassis colour with maybe some scroll work or something to compliment the body paint job. These guys know what they are talking about.
You also mentioned before about doing the chassis in a pewter colour. What about a kind of royal blue chassis with pewter scrolling / pin striping? That would be pretty cool huh? Maybe, it might even be better to just go plain on the chassis so that the body pops! Just ideas of course, the final call is all yours dude!

I think this will be one of the most striking trucks out there. Keep it up!

glorydays24
11-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah but I hope you don't feel about it! I think it's great that the folks on here openly share their tips and tricks as well as their opinions and don't keep it all top secret. I myself recently posted up my truck build and I already felt like my rotating beacons where too big and a few people on here then said it themselves, so now I know for sure how to make my truck look better.

Seriously though man, this is a great project. I agree with the others also on the 3-4 inch stretch and a darker chassis colour with maybe some scroll work or something to compliment the body paint job. These guys know what they are talking about.
You also mentioned before about doing the chassis in a pewter colour. What about a kind of royal blue chassis with pewter scrolling / pin striping? That would be pretty cool huh? Maybe, it might even be better to just go plain on the chassis so that the body pops! Just ideas of course, the final call is all yours dude!

I think this will be one of the most striking trucks out there. Keep it up!
No problem, I really do appreciate your input.:) Sharing idea's is just one of the reason's why I love this hobby...It would be boring if everyone liked or did the same thing now wouldn't it?:(
And don't ever worry about offending me if you have an idea or suggestion, that's what it's all about.:D
Now onto the frame, i'm going to have 3-4 colors to test w/the body...maybe two different shades of blue, stone metallic grey (kind of dark) and whatever else I can find. I can't seem to find pewter,:p oh well.
I think i've babbled enough, thanx buddy.

Big John

Snowman
11-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Looking good. It's crying out for a big bumper to go with the cool rear one and the frame stretch. If Steve's making it you can be sure it will be top notch!

glorydays24
11-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Looking good. It's crying out for a big bumper to go with the cool rear one and the frame stretch. If Steve's making it you can be sure it will be top notch!

Snowman, thanx buddy, and i've seen a pic of the bumper...and it is very sharp.
I had Steve make it taller than stock.
And i am very impressed with his craftsmanship.
Can't wait to get it:D:D:D

Big John

glorydays24
11-15-2011, 05:58 PM
OK guy's and gal's, I got my fenders from S&P today, and I am very pleeeaaasssed.
So I snapped a shot with a fender sitting on the tires...I didn't have the patience to put the mounts on them yet lol.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0043.jpg

Thanx for looking. As I get parts, i'm like a kid at christmas...can't wait to open the new toys:D

Big John

glorydays24
11-16-2011, 04:10 AM
Well I think i've got the color for the frames on thr truck and trailer.
It is stone grey metallic. It's not pewter, but is a medium dark shade.
And I think it compliments all the shades of blues.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0044.jpg

Thanx for looking, and comments welcome.

Big John

SWAGGER
11-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Yeah I think that could work well man. Will you get the fenders done to match the body?

glorydays24
11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah I think that could work well man. Will you get the fenders done to match the body?

Hey thanx SWAGGER, I will paint the fenders to match.
I can't take all the credit for the color, my wife Cindy helped me, God Bless Her.:D:D:D

Big John

dirdydogrc
11-16-2011, 07:43 PM
looks awesome i was thinking about the same rear fenders for my truck or atleast similar ones

glorydays24
11-16-2011, 11:19 PM
looks awesome i was thinking about the same rear fenders for my truck or atleast similar ones

dirdydogrc, thank you, I really love these fenders.
If you want nice fenders at a fair price, Stylin&profilin (John) sell's these on the board.
He is a great guy to do buiseness with...I know i'm pleased:D:D:D

Big John

glorydays24
11-21-2011, 02:35 AM
OK everyone, I thought I was in for a good cry:(
I was taking the body off the frame tonight, and I dropped the body...I can't repeat what all I said, but Cindy new I very upset:mad:

Well I looked the body over, and I lucked out, everything is good.

I worked on installing the servo's, putting the tranny in, and made a rear crossmember to mount the bumper to.
And I decided to go ahead and use the FGD frame rails you've seen it sitting on.
So here are a few pic's...I'm putting the body back until final assembly...just to be safe.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0067.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0068.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0069.jpg

I feel like i'm a little closer, and thanx for looking.

Big John

SWAGGER
11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Thank God the paintwork was ok! Holy crap, I can just imagine the language!

glorydays24
11-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Thank God the paintwork was ok! Holy crap, I can just imagine the language!

Let me tell you that I might have made a sailor blush lol.
I have the body sitting in a spare bedroom so it can't be disturbed;)

Big John

russisloud
11-22-2011, 11:18 PM
great idea for the fifth wheel handle

glorydays24
11-22-2011, 11:34 PM
great idea for the fifth wheel handle

Thanx buddy, I think it's the smallest details that brings out these models:)

Big John

glorydays24
11-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Well everyone I was thinking about some drive tires for the rear axles on the truck.
Well I got eight tires from some spares that I had, charged my dremel, put the cutting wheel on, and proceeded.
Well after about two and a quarter tires the dremel started to lose power...
a light bulb went off in my head, I got the ol' hacksaw out, and I got them all done. In fact, the saw did a better job. I don't remember who the member is, but he is good at making different tread patterns for tires, and I got the idea from him...If you're the man who does this, please let me know. Or if anyone know's who it is, please tell me, it is driving me crazy not knowing.
Anyhoo, here is a pic of what I accomplished...it only took me about two and a half hours...my hands will be telling about this tommorow lol.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0089.jpg

Thanx for looking, Big John

cabrover
11-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Awesome paint!! Keep us posted!!:cool:

Tim

glorydays24
11-29-2011, 12:18 AM
OK boy's and girl's, before I get into this new post, I have to tell you all I have a very evil wife LOL!!!
She pulled a fast one on me today. I got a package in the mail and my "loving wife" hid it from me.

Now if you're paying attention to the mailing label, you've probably figured out what's in the box.:)
ihbuilder (Steve) made me a bumper, and it everything and more than I had hoped for. This is a one of a kind bumper. I sent him a pic, told him what I wanted changed, and he hit the nail on the head.:D:)
Well here it is...and I know I said I wasn't going to put the cab back until final assembly, but I had to see what the "SLUMLORD" looked like with the new addition.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/th_100_0094.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/?action=view&current=100_0094.jpg)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/th_100_0093.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/?action=view&current=100_0093.jpg)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/th_100_0092.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/?action=view&current=100_0092.jpg)

In Cindy's defense, i've pulled a lot tricks on her through the years...so I guess I kinda deserved it.;)

d.k.v
11-29-2011, 05:42 AM
I think it was silvio (skl1cent) who was cutting tyres like that

Snowman
11-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Yeah now it really looks the part with the bumper, amazing how one detail transforms the look. It just fits in perfectly with the whole look, custom paint, frame stretch, big pipes. Nice work Steve!

glorydays24
11-29-2011, 05:57 AM
I think it was silvio (skl1cent) who was cutting tyres like that

Thanx Matthew, I thought it was Silvio, but I wasn't quite sure.:);):D

Big John

glorydays24
11-29-2011, 06:03 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Yeah now it really looks the part with the bumper, amazing how one detail transforms the look. It just fits in perfectly with the whole look, custom paint, frame stretch, big pipes. Nice work Steve!

Thanx Snowman for the complinents.
I'll tell you when I saw a pic of the bumper, I new pic's wouldn't do it justice.

And I almost had another set of rails made shorter. I'm happy I changed my mind.
I'm getting closer;)
I just sent russisloud a pm on his simulated air ride suspension...aaahhh yes, it's coming together:D

Thanx again, Big John

ihbuilder
11-29-2011, 07:21 AM
thanks John I'm glad you like it . Yes 1 of a kind I only saved the Knight hualer profile . :)

SWAGGER
11-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Hey, REALLY nice bumper, love it. Totally improves the front end of the Knight Hauler. Nice one.

ihbuilder
11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Um yea john I would appreciate if you wouldn't already gone :rolleyes:

Diesel Demond
11-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Im lovin the stretch with the rear fenders looks real good!

glorydays24
11-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey, REALLY nice bumper, love it. Totally improves the front end of the Knight Hauler. Nice one.

Thank you SWAGGER, the front look's like it's saying, "BETTER GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!":eek::eek::eek:

Big John

glorydays24
11-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Um yea john I would appreciate if you wouldn't already gone :rolleyes:

Steve, my bad, I went right to photobucket and deleted the pic...I was so excited about the bumper, I wasn't paying attention. But SWAGGER sent me a pm, and pointed it out to me. I apoligize,:o I will be extra carful in the future.;):)

Big John

glorydays24
11-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Im lovin the stretch with the rear fenders looks real good!

Thanx Diesel Demond, I just placed an order with russisloud for his simulated air ride suspension...That will look sweet.:D:)

Big John

glorydays24
12-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Well I finally got Russ's simulated air ride suspension mounted, and wow, what difference it makes. This is what the suspension should look like..."SEXY".

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0138.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0139.jpg

gun
12-25-2011, 08:19 AM
looking good big john ! now you just need those frei^%$%&* iner wheels !;):D:D:p

Diesel Demond
12-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Those air bags look awesome and finish off the rearend nicely. what are you thinking for a light bar or just tail lights! either way it will look awesome with those bags showin!

glorydays24
12-25-2011, 09:37 AM
looking good big john ! now you just need those frei^%$%&* iner wheels !;):D:D:p
Thank you gun, i've already been in touch with ihbuilder about the wheels...hee hee hee:D

Those air bags look awesome and finish off the rearend nicely. what are you thinking for a light bar or just tail lights! either way it will look awesome with those bags showin!
Thank you Diesel Demond, back a way's in this thread, I snapped a shot of rear bumper i'm planning on useing.

Thanx for the compliments fella's. My next step is to get the mounts done up for the full fenders I got from S&P.:D

Big John

glorydays24
01-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Guy's and Gal's, do you want to see something kind of neat???
I had another knight body and used it for my test subject.
I got the wipers working, but I had to use the wiper blades that came with the kit. So these blades face the driver side of the cab, but I can live with that.
Now this was just a test, so the final mounting will be solid.
Here's a little video for you to see. Hope you enjoy.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/th_100_0141.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/?action=view&current=100_0141.mp4)

Brian in PA
01-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Thats cool John! Where did you get the kit from?

SWAGGER
01-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Haha! Love it. I think I came across that kit on some German site before, can't remember where now but I remember thinking that it was pretty good value.

glorydays24
01-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanx Brian, the kit came from topcad.:)

Big John
Haha! Love it. I think I came across that kit on some German site before, can't remember where now but I remember thinking that it was pretty good value.
Thanx SWAGGER, yea when I saw these I new I had to have them...because i'm different.:D

Big John

trucker n
01-03-2012, 06:22 PM

hey brian rc4wd has them:D

Diesel Demond
01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
no freaking way just when you think no more can be done! i had a hard time replaceing mine on the saturn and you got them on your model!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glorydays24
01-03-2012, 07:57 PM
hey brian rc4wd has them:D

Trucker n, I checked rc4wd and the price is about the same.
I didn't know they carried them, so I contacted Jerry from MMT, and he orderd them for me. Thanx for letting us know buddy.:):cool::p;)

Big John

glorydays24
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
no freaking way just when you think no more can be done! i had a hard time replaceing mine on the saturn and you got them on your model!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was reading this, I was lmao because I got tickled when you said you had a hard time replacing the saturn's.
I'm trying things that I haven't seen before. But I can't take full credit for this idea. I seen this done on a big scale truck from a german show a long time ago, and thought if I could, I would.;)

Thank you, Big John

Tamiya Cowboy
01-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Nice touch Jon..

glorydays24
01-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Nice touch Jon..

Thank you Paul:)

Big John

Bigg Redd
01-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Can you paint my Wedico Pete?

hippy
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Love the paint job! Awesome looking unit! Wipers, way too cool of an idea!

glorydays24
01-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Can you paint my Wedico Pete?
Bigg Redd, I just wish I could paint like that.:p:p Actually Ryno from the show trick my truck painted the bodies, and it was just pure luck I came across these pieces.

Big John
Love the paint job! Awesome looking unit! Wipers, way too cool of an idea!
Thank you hippy. I am trying to do things that will make people go ooh and ahh lol.;):)

Big John

russisloud
01-24-2012, 10:04 PM
ooh! ahh! :p

glorydays24
01-24-2012, 10:13 PM
ooh! ahh! :p

LOL!!!

Big John

glorydays24
06-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Ok you all, are you ready to see something sexy?:rolleyes: I got my wheels I had ihbuilder (Steve) make, and spiked lug nuts.:D:D I white letterd the tires quite a while back. Well when I put them on the truck, I decided to go with the aluminum fenders because I think they give the truck more of a "hot rod" look w/ the white letters.;)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0311.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0313.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0314.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0315.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0316.jpg

hippy
06-27-2012, 09:44 PM
truck is looking great! would love to see it in person.

glorydays24
06-27-2012, 11:41 PM
truck is looking great! would love to see it in person.

Thankyou Shaun:) If I could, I would make a road trip up to see ya.:D;):)

Big John

dabears
06-28-2012, 12:13 AM
"slumlord" Looks Fantastic!!!!! Awesome work on it!!!

hippy
06-28-2012, 12:18 AM
wish i could come down, the american goverment won't let me cross the border for a bit. :mad: :( :cool:

glorydays24
06-28-2012, 12:42 AM
"slumlord" Looks Fantastic!!!!! Awesome work on it!!!
Thankyou Aaron.:)
wish i could come down, the american goverment won't let me cross the border for a bit. :mad: :( :cool:
I'm not touching that one, LOL!!!:rolleyes:;):eek:

Big John

1985 kenworth
06-28-2012, 12:53 AM
who did your front bumper for you..it looks great!!

B-Train Hauler
06-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Great build Big John! It's a "must be seen" of this forum!
Do you have a link for us to see pics in a bigger size? :-)
Love to see it with his tanker...
You're completing in the perfect way the job the painter starded!

plow jockey
06-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Thats a killer build for sure.Those spiked lug nut set it off and thats a tough front bumper.Steve done a great job on those wheels.Keep those pics coming. Awesome job Big John!!

glorydays24
06-28-2012, 06:37 PM
who did your front bumper for you..it looks great!!
ihbuilder (Steve) made the bumper. And thankyou.:)
Great build Big John! It's a "must be seen" of this forum!
Do you have a link for us to see pics in a bigger size? :-)
Love to see it with his tanker...
You're completing in the perfect way the job the painter starded!
Thankyou for the compliment,:D and photobucket corrected itself. The pic's I posted are the size I wanted, so I don't have bigger pic's, sorry.:(

Thats a killer build for sure.Those spiked lug nut set it off and thats a tough front bumper.Steve done a great job on those wheels.Keep those pics coming. Awesome job Big John!!
Thankyou so much.:D And believe me when I say pictures doesn't do the wheels justice.;):):p:D

Big John

AzItalian
06-28-2012, 10:13 PM
very nice...u should paint the chassis too and install some nice fenders

BRICKNICK
06-29-2012, 07:40 AM
This freight shaker is looking **** good big John. Steve knocked it out of the park on those wheels. That guy never stops amwzing me. Your wheels, bumper n lugs all tie together so nicely.

glorydays24
06-29-2012, 07:38 PM
very nice...u should paint the chassis too and install some nice fenders
Thankyou, but I changed the fenders out because I think they look better on the truck. And I will paint the chassis.;)

This freight shaker is looking **** good big John. Steve knocked it out of the park on those wheels. That guy never stops amwzing me. Your wheels, bumper n lugs all tie together so nicely.
Thanx a million, yes Steve does AMAZING work. I love these wheels so much, i'm thinking about kicking my wife out of the bedroom and sleeping with the truck...Think that's wrong??? LOL!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Big John

ihbuilder
06-29-2012, 09:47 PM
OK now this is gettin weeeird :eek::eek:

MACK Daddy
06-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Gotta get me one of those bumpaz...Sweet rig

Alfy

Diesel Demond
06-30-2012, 08:59 PM
man that rig is nice! hope you dont mind but i just ordered up one of those sick bumpers . forsure makes up for no fog lights! i gotta get pics up of my redone knight

glorydays24
07-01-2012, 12:46 AM
OK now this is gettin weeeird :eek::eek:
Now Steve, you know wierd is my middle name.:p;)
Gotta get me one of those bumpaz...Sweet rig

Alfy
Thankyou Alfy, but I gotta warn you about the bumper...I wouldn't want to hit my bare feet.:eek::eek::eek:

man that rig is nice! hope you dont mind but i just ordered up one of those sick bumpers . forsure makes up for no fog lights! i gotta get pics up of my redone knight
Thanx buddy, and I don't mind at all about the bumper. I wanted something totally different, and I sent Steve a pic, and said no light holes, and he nailed it.:D

Big John

glorydays24
07-01-2012, 12:49 AM
I wanted to add extra fuel tanks, and I would like your opinions. The running boards will be extended to the full lenght of the second set of tanks. Watcha think, yes or no.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0318.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0317.jpg

Diesel Demond
07-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Man thats a tough one! i would lean towards no just because your hiddin that stretched frame and thats forsure a show truck! looks good eitherway .

BRICKNICK
07-01-2012, 09:55 AM
I agree with desmond, no because it hides your frame stretch, and the running boards dont extend all the way back. So I say no to the second set, but that's just my 2 cents.

Cossett
07-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Im in two mind about this the twin tanks looks good but then it hides the stretch and the light bar in front of the wheels witch most guys want to show.
Maybe if your keeping the twin tanks a cat walk over them could improve the look or scrap them the kit ones / bat box and get two custom tanks and keep the tool box between thiem with one long skirting board, that way the Alu blends in from the a55 to the front.
Then sink the battery between the frame rails to keep it clean & tidy and polish the heat shield so it all shines...
But over all it starting to come together now with the custom parts and tyre lettering,
Love those freightliner wheels are they left and right specific ??

glorydays24
07-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Man thats a tough one! i would lean towards no just because your hiddin that stretched frame and thats forsure a show truck! looks good eitherway .
I know what you mean.:)

I agree with desmond, no because it hides your frame stretch, and the running boards dont extend all the way back. So I say no to the second set, but that's just my 2 cents.
Well I think i'm changing my mind.;)

Im in two mind about this the twin tanks looks good but then it hides the stretch and the light bar in front of the wheels witch most guys want to show.
Maybe if your keeping the twin tanks a cat walk over them could improve the look or scrap them the kit ones / bat box and get two custom tanks and keep the tool box between thiem with one long skirting board, that way the Alu blends in from the a55 to the front.
Then sink the battery between the frame rails to keep it clean & tidy and polish the heat shield so it all shines...
But over all it starting to come together now with the custom parts and tyre lettering,
Love those freightliner wheels are they left and right specific ??

Tracy, i'm thinking more towards having some tanks made, and having them a little longer. I knew all I had to do was ask.:D And yes, the wheels are left and right. I don't think there's nothing Steve can't handle.:eek::D:cool:

Big John

dabears
07-01-2012, 10:46 PM
I keep looking at the pics its absolutly awesome looking!!

sneaky-pete
07-02-2012, 07:52 AM
It keeps getting better every time you post an update.
I love it!
Steve did a killer job on the wheels.

SWAGGER
07-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Great job there Big John. This rig is looking fantastic now, really coming together very nicely indeed. You must be close to the finish now.

glorydays24
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
I keep looking at the pics its absolutly awesome looking!!
Thankyou Aaron.:)

It keeps getting better every time you post an update.
I love it!
Steve did a killer job on the wheels.
Thankyou sneaky-pete, and yes Steve did.:)

Great job there Big John. This rig is looking fantastic now, really coming together very nicely indeed. You must be close to the finish now.
Thankyou Steve, but I still have a lot I want to do before it's finished.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Big John

glorydays24
08-26-2012, 11:37 PM
I have a small update...I decided to change the pipes. Russ made these, and i'm very pleased.:D:);)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0375.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0374.jpg

plow jockey
08-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Those pipes look tough on that sweet looking truck of yours.

PROBUILDER1964
08-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Wow....I love the colors ! great job son !

russisloud
08-27-2012, 12:00 AM
kool!

just a side note...the elbows came from S&P

glorydays24
08-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Those pipes look tough on that sweet looking truck of yours.

Thanx buddy.:):):)

Wow....I love the colors ! great job son !

Thankyou, but if you go to the start of this thread, you'll see who painted it, and I was lucky enough to get my hands on it...and a matching tanker trailer to boot.:D:D:D

kool!

just a side note...the elbows came from S&P

Yea Russ, I had to strain my brain, but I told myself they weren't going to beat me. LOL!!! And I knew the elbows came from John, I just forgot to mention it, my bad.:o:o:o

Thanx everybody, Big John

Kaf343
08-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Truck looks awesome, nice job. Pipes look tough on it. Rims are slick to.

glorydays24
03-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Well ladies and gents, it's been a loooooooong time since I had an update. I think it was page 13 or 14 until I found this thread and dusted it off. ;):lol: Well Russ came through again, and I am very pleased. I will let the pic's take over now.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0406_zpsd8769c02.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0406_zpsd8769c02.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0405_zps163768e2.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0405_zps163768e2.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0408_zps10251037.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0408_zps10251037.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0407_zpsdc4e5d26.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0407_zpsdc4e5d26.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0409_zpsf6e46b90.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0409_zpsf6e46b90.jpg.html)

Thank you Russ, YOU DA' MAN!!! Thanx all for looking, Big John

hippy
03-01-2014, 01:58 AM
those steps are absolutely amazing!

glorydays24
03-01-2014, 02:49 AM
those steps are absolutely amazing!

Thank you Shaun.:D:D:D I like them, and I wanted to incorporate Cindy on the truck some way. And she likes them as well.:bounce::D

Big John

weemanch
03-01-2014, 04:41 AM
Looks amazing

1985 kenworth
03-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Hey big john those look great. They really compliment the truck...very nice indeed!!

MACK Daddy
03-01-2014, 12:16 PM
that's One Bad A$$ rig

Great inspiration my next knight Hauler Build

Love That Bumper!

Alfy

glorydays24
03-01-2014, 09:41 PM
that's One Bad A$$ rig

Great inspiration my next knight Hauler Build

Love That Bumper!

Alfy

Looks amazing

Hey big john those look great. They really compliment the truck...very nice indeed!!

Thank you all so much for the kind words:D;):) It really means a lot coming from such excellent builders as yourselves.

Big John

Supermario
03-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Welcome back Big John and great to see the update! :)
I agree with everyone,steps look great and the personalized steps are awesome. Nice touch and one of a kind:cool:

Mario

glorydays24
03-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Welcome back Big John and great to see the update! :)
I agree with everyone,steps look great and the personalized steps are awesome. Nice touch and one of a kind:cool:

Mario

Thank you Mario, and I am glad to be back.;):D At least i'm getting closer to the finish line:bounce::bounce:

Big John

ihbuilder
03-02-2014, 06:08 PM
looks good John , good to see you back . Cindy doing OK ? I haven't forgot ;) It's just get's harder to setup for 1 offs .

glorydays24
03-02-2014, 06:21 PM
looks good John , good to see you back . Cindy doing OK ? I haven't forgot ;) It's just get's harder to setup for 1 offs .

Thank you Steve.:):):) Cindy is doing better, thanx for asking. I will call you soon, I need some parts:rolleyes::p;)

Big John

glorydays24
04-10-2014, 07:10 PM
:update: Well I ordered some parts from Ric at PMD, and I've started to continue with my pride and joy.:bounce: I mounted PMD's 4:1 and drive shaft. I'm letting the thread lock cure until tomorrow and I will add more parts.:D:D:D Here's what I did.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0410_zps64f31c38.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0410_zps64f31c38.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0411_zps9155ff28.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0411_zps9155ff28.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0412_zps328abcc4.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0412_zps328abcc4.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0413_zpsc35b2808.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0413_zpsc35b2808.jpg.html)

Hopefully I will have more tomorrow, and thanx for looking.

Big John

flatdeck
04-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Nice upgrades John.. looking forward to more... Glad you are back and Cindy is better...

Wayne

glorydays24
04-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Nice upgrades John.. looking forward to more... Glad you are back and Cindy is better...

Wayne

Thank you Wayne, and your wish is my command:lol::lol::lol:

Big John

glorydays24
04-11-2014, 09:32 PM
OK I worked on getting the fenders dry fitted, and added the bumper to the trailer to match the truck...It has to match, it's a working show truck-trailer.:lol: And being a tanker that will be hauling flammable liquids, I needed a fire extinguisher...Here we go.;)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0416_zps67e71cfa.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0416_zps67e71cfa.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0414_zps5b3319fd.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0414_zps5b3319fd.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0415_zpsb3d413a7.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0415_zpsb3d413a7.jpg.html)

And here is a couple pic's of the truck...

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0417_zpsf7ca064a.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0417_zpsf7ca064a.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0418_zps31fdac82.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0418_zps31fdac82.jpg.html)

RodneyO
04-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Looking good Big John.

glorydays24
04-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Looking good Big John.

Thanx Bud:)

Big John

hippy
04-12-2014, 01:03 AM
WOW! them full fenders are super sexy!

plow jockey
04-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Those fenders are a great touch on a sweet combo. Glad to see you back at it.

glorydays24
04-12-2014, 05:06 PM
WOW! them full fenders are super sexy!

Thank you.:D And I'm trying to tie everything together such as the spiked lugs, I have an idea that I think will tie in perfectly.

Those fenders are a great touch on a sweet combo. Glad to see you back at it.

Thanx buddy. I'm glad to be back and wrenching again.:lol::bounce:

Big John

petermoblin
04-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Looking good John. Good to see you back at it.

cabs
04-12-2014, 09:38 PM
That is one bad a$% looking combo

Hockeydad
04-13-2014, 02:05 PM
The fenders from Ric as well?

flatdeck
04-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Very nice looking John...

Wayne

glorydays24
04-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Looking good John. Good to see you back at it.

Thank you, and happy to be back at it.:)

That is one bad a$% looking combo

Thanx cabs.:D

The fenders from Ric as well?

Yes the fenders are from PMD, and he has different styles as well.;)

Very nice looking John...

Wayne

Thank you Wayne.:)

Big John

1985 kenworth
04-14-2014, 01:39 AM
hey big john i always lied this truck and you keep making it better and better and it has already surpassed the 10 out of 10 score buddy!!!:jaw:

glorydays24
04-14-2014, 06:28 PM
hey big john i always lied this truck and you keep making it better and better and it has already surpassed the 10 out of 10 score buddy!!!:jaw:

Thank you so much buddy.:D;):) It means a lot.

Big John

glorydays24
04-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Well I have a couple of things to add. I got the wipers in the truck now, and I also got a set of ihbuilders, (Steve) wheels for the trailer to match the truck.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/th_100_0419_zpsaabbb4dd.jpg (http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0419_zpsaabbb4dd.mp4)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0421_zps71fd2706.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0421_zps71fd2706.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0422_zpscda9c2da.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0422_zpscda9c2da.jpg.html)

JAKEBRAKE
04-14-2014, 08:52 PM
WOW!! That truck is sharp, the paint job must have taken hours and from what I see for lights I'm guessing the tanker will be one big battery. LOL, great job!!

glorydays24
04-14-2014, 09:15 PM
WOW!! That truck is sharp, the paint job must have taken hours and from what I see for lights I'm guessing the tanker will be one big battery. LOL, great job!!

Thank you JAKEBRAKE...And the trailer will have it's own battery...Can we say LED's?:rolleyes: And if I can make it work, the truck will have two or three packs. I've got plans for lighting this bad boy up.:eek::D:bounce:

Thanx again, Big John

Hockeydad
04-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Are the fenders pretty sturdy or do they flex? I understand they are vacuum formed?

Bryan

glorydays24
04-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Are the fenders pretty sturdy or do they flex? I understand they are vacuum formed?

Bryan

Bryan the fenders do flex, but at the same time they are pretty sturdy also. And I think once they're mounted, that will make them more sturdy. And on the plus side, very little sanding is required.:bounce:

Big John

glorydays24
04-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Well I wanted to show what I have been up to the last two days.:D I drilled holes for PMD's bullet lenses...I will be adding LED's in these.:D I also moved the ladder on the trailer to the front. I am trying to tie things together, so would anyone care to say why I'm using bullet lenses?;):rolleyes::p Have a look.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0425_zps4c7226a6.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0425_zps4c7226a6.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0426_zps86dfeec9.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0426_zps86dfeec9.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0427_zpsa77175eb.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0427_zpsa77175eb.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0428_zps607c80f8.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0428_zps607c80f8.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0429_zps4dd27bc5.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0429_zps4dd27bc5.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0430_zpsb699f013.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0430_zpsb699f013.jpg.html)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/glorydays24/100_0431_zps73512e21.jpg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/glorydays24/media/100_0431_zps73512e21.jpg.html)

flatdeck
04-18-2014, 08:23 AM
John you have done some great up grades to the Slumlord and it trailer.....

Wayne

BRICKNICK
04-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Hey big john what did you use for the valves ln the bottom of the tanker. O can't fond anytging that looks scale or correct and yours look nice.

glorydays24
04-18-2014, 05:57 PM
John you have done some great up grades to the Slumlord and it trailer.....

Thanx buddy, I'm getting there.:D
Wayne

Hey big john what did you use for the valves ln the bottom of the tanker. O can't fond anytging that looks scale or correct and yours look nice.

OK BRICKNICK just remember...you asked.;) The long chrome pieces are the stock damper sleeves from the Tamiya Lunchbox. Now I had a lot of spare parts from 1/25 scale truck-trailers and I found the inserts for the rear wheels for Revell of Germany's Stepp's tow truck. I trimmed the outside of the inserts to the same diameter as the damper tubes. For the valves I used spacers for the trailer dampers, screwed them in place with washers on top. And bingo, the valves were done. I was told a long time ago just look around the house and you would be surprised what we can find to work with. Happy hunting:bounce::D;) and thank you for the compliment.

Big John

toniolillo
04-19-2014, 06:12 AM
I like very much the paint job

glorydays24
04-19-2014, 04:38 PM
I like very much the paint job

Thanx buddy:)

Big John

glorydays24
06-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Well guys and gals I got some very interesting news today, and it's upsetting when you think you have a friend, and all they did was lie to you. I talked with Ryno about the "SLUMLORD" and he informed me he did not paint these bodies. If he did, his name would've been on them. But I wasn't all that surprised knowing what I do now about the person I bought the bodies from. I feel like an absolute fool for believing this guy. All I can say is it's still a cool paint job. I just wish Ryno was the one who painted this. You know the old saying, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". It won't happen again.

Big John

Lost_ Frequency
05-29-2016, 12:10 AM
Wow this is a sick truck sorry for digging up an old post but I can't resist

glorydays24
05-29-2016, 12:45 AM
Wow this is a sick truck sorry for digging up an old post but I can't resist

Thanks Thomas! Don't worry about digging this up...I am considering selling the combo. ;)

Lost_ Frequency
05-29-2016, 01:24 AM
Man I wish I had the money to even make an offer lol would you trade for my whole rc collection from 20 years of being in the hobby but I do get to keep my rig that's the only one I'm keeping lol I'm just kidding but this thing is worth every dime you ask for it, it's a true piece of artwork! !

glorydays24
05-29-2016, 11:05 AM
Man I wish I had the money to even make an offer lol would you trade for my whole rc collection from 20 years of being in the hobby but I do get to keep my rig that's the only one I'm keeping lol I'm just kidding but this thing is worth every dime you ask for it, it's a true piece of artwork! !

LOL!!! When I had it in the living room, anybody who seen it would always take a second look, and a lot would ask about it.

Big John

Lost_ Frequency
05-31-2016, 01:06 AM
I bet they would, that would look great with the LED's that I'm using under my truck