PDA

View Full Version : Liembach exc help

Texasperry
08-21-2010, 04:28 PM
My questions were lame. I will figure it out.
I guess I had some unrealstic expectations from Liembach.

rcguyfarms
08-23-2010, 06:28 PM
What has u stuck on the build?

Texasperry
08-23-2010, 09:52 PM
I have the hydraulic bucket quick release. I was asking if anyone had this option. If so how did they mounted the valve block. I realized if some one had the option I would have seen it. I need to make a bracket to secure the valve block to the deck. then decide the best way to run the hydraulic lines.
Perry

rcguyfarms
08-23-2010, 09:55 PM
sorry I don't have that option. Any hydro system questions u have I can help with.

Texasperry
08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
My first thought is to just put this valve block in line after the other valve blocks. Not sure if it would be better to put a T in the hydraulic line instead.
Right now I am reworking the tracks. Once I am done I will have to venture out of my comfort zone and start on the radio instalation and hydraulics.

tracksntreadslou
08-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Hey Perry .Dont get discouraged great question and one day someone will be wanting to know the same thing ..When you first work with this hydro stuff it can be intimadating...I added an extra valve to mine ...I put tees in between the pressure and return lines .. mine is working fine..dont think it will work inline..If i remember correctley joe said these are closed systems so there wont be pressure on the return til valve is opened ....Hey lets get a tread started see some progress pics ...Cheers lou

Texasperry
08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Thanks Lou,
I will have to search out the T's. Maybe Ric will have them. I think you are right about closed system.
When I have some time at home I will try to post some pics. No paint on anything yet.

rcguyfarms
08-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Leimbach does manufacture T's, I know because I have some on my dozer's blade lift lines.

Texasperry
08-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Scott, do you go direct to Liembach or through Ric? I had sent Ric a note but I would not expect to here from him soon. My boss just booked up my weekend. I hope to get some time on the bench on Sunday night. Still working on the tracks. got 1/2 of one done.

Texasperry
08-27-2010, 04:08 PM
I just thought of another question. The plug that comes with the Liembach machine. Is that standard plug or should I plan on replacing the one on the wire harness and Battery.
I sure miss having a local hobby shop. There is an RC shop about an hour away. Not a well stocked shop but lots of knowlege on planes boats and a few of the RC cars. I promised the guy next time I was up I would bring some pics of what I was building.

Stepside
08-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Perry,

I have a leimbach excavator that I bought second hand. I did not build this model, but any pics or info that I could provide you just let me know.

Freddy - the guy behind this board - has one also. He added another valve and put a thumb on his to use when grabbing logs. I think the process would be the same to add a hydraulic bucket release... maybe he'll chime in!

rcguyfarms
08-27-2010, 06:44 PM
I buy leimbach products thru ric.

Texasperry
08-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks. I will wait for Rics reply. I am sure he is playing catch up and I have enough to keep me busy.
I need to figure out how to add pictures. That is next up.

wedicotrucker
08-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Parry, glad your back to working on the excavator. Its about time.:D

Texasperry
08-29-2010, 02:44 PM
I get motivated then demotivated with not having parts or easy an resource for parts. Being in any hobby in this area of the country stinks. No hobby shops of any value anyplace close. I am forced to search the web. That is not so bad but then I have to wait on UPS, Fed EX or USPS. What usually happens while I'm waiting, I start a home project or more work comes up at my mother in-laws, then I can't get back to the build until I finish what I started.

Lil Giants
09-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Leimbach's valve blocks are open center. You can hook your extra valve in "series" with your 3 valve block. From "P" on pump to top of filter can - side of filter can to "P" on 3 valve block - "T" on 3 valve block to "P" on single valve - "T" on single valve to "T" on pump.

I refer to Leimbach's hydraulic system as closed center b/c oil flow "has to" flow thru relief valve to return to reservior and feed the pressure side of the pump again. Closed center hyd systems remain relatively at the same constant pressure all the time... where as open center, the press has to build up 1st, so that causes slower reaction, but then less heat too - depending on what you're doing.

Texasperry
09-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks guys. I did find a hydraulic instruction sheet in German. When translated it explained the connections. It was a single page. I found it mixed in with a pile of loose papers that came with the other kit add ons I ordered like the cabin interior.
I am really down to the final stages and just need some parts. I will call for them tomorrow after the holiday.

Lil Giants
09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I only know what I have had hands on experience with Nathan, and nowadays there's tonnes of new & interesting stuff out there that I have no clue about... compared to a decade ago. I look forward to the day when I have more time & money than I know what to do with, the stout constr models I'll have to build my outdoor trk park. :D