PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 snow plow

bedfordtm
05-29-2011, 05:56 AM
This is my first project and post so i hope it goes okay.
Its going to be a 4x4 snow plow based partialy on a Bedford TM owned by aberdeenshire council.
It was going to be a 6x6 but to cut cost it will be 4x4.
This is going to be a budget build as i'm using my birthday money.
This is what it should look a bit like
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61960388@N02/5770678991
or the sleeper
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61960388@N02/5771221160/in/photostream/
also try typing in Beford tm aberdeenshire in flickr and you will see some more pics:)

SonoranWraith
05-29-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't know how flickr works for posting in forums, but you won't get a lot of comments/help if the photos aren't visible here directly. Good luck on the build. What axles are you building with?

bedfordtm
05-30-2011, 09:45 AM
hi sonorsnwraith. Yeah but i just can't figure out how to post pics directly. i don't suppose you could tell me. I'm new:o. I'm scratch building the axels from tube and some diff gears. I can't afford to get proper axles. Ive only got about £100 to make it. See i'm only 13.
Cheers
James:D

bedfordtm
05-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Can any one help i can't upload pictures so their directly viewable :confused: . PLESE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brel
05-31-2011, 07:07 AM
looks like this is going to be a great truck build

bedfordtm
05-31-2011, 03:45 PM
looks like this is going to be a great truck build

I'm not sure first time and not got brill tyres or parts. Not aming to high. First somthing that moves and i'll go from their
Thanks for the comment and thanks.:D:D

grumpygrady
06-03-2011, 03:51 AM
This is my first project and post so i hope it goes okay.
Its going to be a 4x4 snow plow based partialy on a Bedford TM owned by aberdeenshire council.
It was going to be a 6x6 but to cut cost it will be 4x4.
This is going to be a budget build as i'm using my birthday money.)

looks like you have a nice idea to start
the first thing i would do is try to go take photos of the truck that you like
and then start building ,for your first truck you may be able to use parts from older rc,s that you have
just remember that you only have to please yourself not any of us here
get back to me and post your pictures on here and we will try to help you get started or just PM me on here
and just ignore the ones that pick on your truck or your skills ,most time they have not ever build anything and just buy it
just start building you can always rebuild it and rebuild it as you understand more and more of how it works by the way how old are you?
if you can't get to were the truck is to take pictures then take pictures of trucks around you
the more pictures you have the more info you can get from them
oh and get a box and collect odds and ends that you may need to build these trucks the more you have the easier it is to build something
check in your room and look if some of your older toys have a cab that is close or tires that you can use and put them in the box

bedfordtm
06-03-2011, 04:55 AM
looks like you have a nice idea to start
the first thing i would do is try to go take photos of the truck that you like
and then start building ,for your first truck you may be able to use parts from older rc,s that you have
just remember that you only have to please yourself not any of us here
get back to me and post your pictures on here and we will try to help you get started or just PM me on here
and just ignore the ones that pick on your truck or your skills ,most time they have not ever build anything and just buy it
just start building you can always rebuild it and rebuild it as you understand more and more of how it works by the way how old are you?
if you can't get to were the truck is to take pictures then take pictures of trucks around you
the more pictures you have the more info you can get from them
oh and get a box and collect odds and ends that you may need to build these trucks the more you have the easier it is to build something
check in your room and look if some of your older toys have a cab that is close or tires that you can use and put them in the box

Thanks for the support. What ive got so far is stripped from a New bright jeep wrangler rubicon.
I'm 13 and have been brought up around trucks all my life. My mum and dad both have been in the truck industry. My dad worked for scania and my mum owned her own tipper company with at one point 6 trucks before being liquidated. So thats why i'm into trucks at this age.

grumpygrady
06-04-2011, 02:06 PM
you have the start on parts
as you collect things for the truck you may want to start making the plow
a straight blade will be eazier and then you can make the break apart one later
this will give you time to find the plastic and metal needed to make the frame and cab
an easy way to make this truck is to get two cheap rcs trcks or cars and use the motor axle for the rear axles or maybe find a cheap 4x4 that has motors on the front and rear axles and then start on the cab
once you start looking at things for parts you will find all kinds , like the clear plastic used for packageing makes great windsheilds and sometimes you can find that just right shape for your roof or cab just put it in your box
remember these are just models that are remote controled but just models all the same

bedfordtm
06-17-2011, 11:02 AM
HI afraid the projects going to have to go on hold while i get some money to gether.:eek::(:(:(

Stuff
06-17-2011, 04:51 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2596/5771221160_838ec8d0a2_z.jpg

bedfordtm
06-27-2011, 06:05 AM
Cheers for that stuff could you tell me how you did it. but i'm out of action for a bit longer know ith a finger broke in two places and that was hanging of.

kyleandtavion
07-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Nice