PDA

View Full Version : Which Excavator to buy?

cbazq271
06-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi, Am looking for some input on which excavator to buy. I am looking at the Wedico vs the Liebherr 922 Excavator vs the Vario 850 deere. I wanted the Vario because I think it is the strongest, but it is the most expensive and it may look funny next to my other 14.5 scale stuff. I don't know anything about the other two machines. Any input for or against any of these machines would be great. Also, to those who have a Vario, does it TO big next to a Tamiya bump truck or rig.

Lil Giants
06-01-2011, 02:39 AM
I've had a couple of wdc constr models, they look good, nice detail, but I found them to be weak, poorly engineered models... any problems with mechanical components & it's a real pain in the neck to get it apart to correct the problem.

Stahl, not much details, but simple assembly, simple to work on & very long lasting durability.

I'm currently assembling the Vario 850, it's alot like the Stahl model with simple assembly & basic details. One thing to note of some signifigance, it's a freaking huge model that's very heavy weighing in at approx 80lbs... where do you live vs where will you use it?!

JAMMER
06-01-2011, 08:15 AM
I personally think the scale for the 14.5 is all right, but that is just my opinion. I have the Vario Deere 450 DLC. Ed

Rebekah_harper
06-01-2011, 08:58 AM
http://www.afv-model.com/4711shop/index.php?cat=c238_Construction-Vehicles.html&XTCsid=208124f9c69c2d6947be4f2361ebcdb3

This is a good place to look.

Wedico just started out so I am not sure if they have it without issues.

You didn't mention O&K. From Damitz they now have 2 where the second newer version looks a bit like a CAT.

Vario am not sure about. Not alot on the grape vine.

BTW: the Liebherr can have a britax transmitter but I've heard that there are issues with the signal. However the idea is very good, so if you're up for it. Mod a transmitter adding futaba's boat motor dual lever control. Wire it into the switches, replacing them. Will give you proper control for tracks and separate boom,jib,bucket and slew control. Like the real thing and there fore do the tricks of the trade.

I'll be doing that once I have mine.

rcguyfarms
06-01-2011, 03:51 PM
If u have the tools u can build an rc excavator from scratch for less them half the price of the stahl.

cbazq271
06-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Well I ended up getting a Vario 850d. Very happy with it, but I think I am going to change to a airtronics radio and some tekin esc's, just to make everything simpler. I have a polk's hobbies tracker 3 and the standard esc that Vario gives you. I will be selling the radio and esc's when I get their replacements.