PDA

View Full Version : 12 volt and MFCU...

glorydays24
06-07-2011, 11:26 PM
OK guy's and gal's, does anybody know if I can run a 12 volt battery with the MFCU without blowing everything to eternity?

If there is something to reduce the voltage going to the unit, does someone have the answer?

I am running 1:1 led's under the frame rails on my Scania and tanker trailers, and 12 volt wedico rotators.

Any ideas?

Thanx fellow mini truckers, Big John

SonoranWraith
06-08-2011, 02:12 AM
12v is a no go for the MFU. Get yourself a separate BEC that outputs 7.2 to the MFU.

glorydays24
06-08-2011, 03:48 AM
12v is a no go for the MFU. Get yourself a separate BEC that outputs 7.2 to the MFU.

I gotcha buddy, I will run seperate battery packs, 1 for the truck (7.2) and the led's/rotators (12v)

Thankyou very much, Big John

glorydays24
06-18-2011, 12:48 AM
OK y'all, I know 12v is not acceptable with the mfcu.
Is there anything I can do to reduce the voltage to the mfcu?
I know there is voltage regulators to add extra lights to the unit.
I am trying to eliminate some batteries.
I don't mean to be a bother, but I want to do it once and be done.

Thanx, Big John

aussietruckerguy
06-18-2011, 12:59 AM
well you could run the leds on 7.2 volts as thats what im doing, and would say to try running the rotators on 7.2 volts as that shouldn't be a big deal. With the real trucks we can run 24 volt rotating beacons on 12 volts just means that they go slow. Im loving in the real world multi volt trailers as in Australia We have alot of european prime movers and now alot of the trailers are made in China which use the american 12 volt systems.

glorydays24
06-18-2011, 01:23 AM
well you could run the leds on 7.2 volts as thats what im doing, and would say to try running the rotators on 7.2 volts as that shouldn't be a big deal. With the real trucks we can run 24 volt rotating beacons on 12 volts just means that they go slow. Im loving in the real world multi volt trailers as in Australia We have alot of european prime movers and now alot of the trailers are made in China which use the american 12 volt systems.

Thanx buddy, I never thought of that. I will charge a battery pack and see what it will do.

Big John