PDA

View Full Version : Here Kitty Kitty...

RCP57
06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I started a new project last night. For you island guys, I was wondering where the best place to order the track drive chain and sprockets would be. I spoke to Western Equipment this morning but they have yet to return my call with any pricing or time frame.

RCP57
06-24-2011, 08:32 PM
A few more pics. I found out the price of the #35-K1 chain... OUCH! Anyone on the island have 6 feet of it kicking around that they want to sell? It's a good thing that I'm building this in 1/10 scale because the tracks will cost about 1/10 of a real set!HAHA

RCP57
07-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Thanks to Greg's tip I was able to locate some track pad material at Rona and cut it into 84 tiny pads. I still haven't ordered any chain but I guess I will have to soon. Here is a short video of my progress on the bucket so far.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ppb3Dfpdf8&feature=player_detailpage

doodlebug
07-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Wow, that's a new aproach to building a 4n1 bucket! Thank's for sharing!
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

RCP57
07-03-2011, 09:30 AM
It's powered by two hytek 645 servos. It doesn't have a huge amount of power but I think it will do. Now the hard part is trying to make it look like its hydraulic.

JensR
07-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Aaaaaand finally I know where we are going =)
Great!

RCP57
07-06-2011, 10:39 PM
I've had a little time lately to do a bit more work to my 955. I cut out the main boom pieces and made some fake rams for the bucket. For those who are interested I've posted another short video on my YouTube channel. I'll post some pics soon.
I

RCP57
07-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Some updated pics. I bought a servo reversing Y adapter made by Expert Electronics and its already stopped working. Do any of you have experience with these or other servo reversing devices? I need two for my project and I don't know if this was a lemon or if I should try to buy something else.

Thanks

mog
07-09-2011, 12:47 PM
not shere but if you get digital servo you should be able to reprogram. plus i think you can slow them down so to look more scale speed but still get the full travel. looks good to me what you youtube?

RCP57
07-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Yesterday I figured out that you can program the radio (DX8)to run two servos off of two channels with one as the master and one as the slave so that is what I'm doing now. I have the bucket fully functional and have started working on the frame. I'll try to post some more pics soon. Thanks for the reply and for checking it out.

TheMachinist
07-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Some updated pics. I bought a servo reversing Y adapter made by Expert Electronics and its already stopped working. Do any of you have experience with these or other servo reversing devices? I need two for my project and I don't know if this was a lemon or if I should try to buy something else.

Thanks

I use a Hitec servo programmer hooked to my computer to reverse digital servos. Also to slow the transit speed down in the servo so I don't have to mess with the radio settings.

RCP57
07-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I managed to sort everything out by using the mixing in the DX8. I slowed down the servos as well. The next thing to do for it is some sort of screw drives for the main lifting rams. Servos fit nicely in the space that's available but I'm not completely sold on using them yet. This thing is pretty heavy and I'm concerned that they will not be powerful enough if I use the drill bit method or too slow if I use threaded shafts.

Car5858
07-11-2011, 06:32 PM
You may want to check out these

http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=1846

doodlebug
07-11-2011, 08:43 PM
The kyosho hanomag loader used small all-thread for the hoist and dump. I think it was about 1/8" diameter. I have the manual, but no loader.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug

RCP57
07-11-2011, 10:32 PM
I bought some 3/16 ready rod the other day so the plan is to build screw drive type rams for sure I just haven't decided how to drive them yet. I want this thing to have a lot of lifting power so we'll see what works best after some trial and mostly error. I have an idea to try before servos but....

Thanks for the input!

doodlebug
07-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Pm me if you need a copy of the kyosho manual. It may give you some idea's?

RCP57
08-06-2011, 01:27 AM
I finally have some time to play again so I'm gonna put my head down and get this thing finished. I cheaped out on the K1 chain and decided to TIG some #4 40 nuts to the standard #35 chain. It seems to work fine and saved me more than $250 so I think it was worth the extra hour and a half it took me to weld on the nuts(it would have been nice to just use the K1 though). I managed to find weld on spockets at Princess Auto for $4.99 each so that was a savings as well, too bad the ferry ride from the island costs so much! I have a ton of work left to do on the 955 not to mention the fact that my Euclid isn't really finished yet. Anyway here are a few new pics.

Thanks for checkin it out

Reg

Lil Giants
08-07-2011, 01:21 AM
That's some great progress Reg, its really take shape now! :cool:

Have you weighed it yet?

mog
08-07-2011, 10:35 AM
looking good did you tig the nuts on i figger that would be nuts to try and weld them all on?

RCP57
08-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Yes the nuts are all TIG welded to the links. I made a small jig so that I could do both nuts on a link at the same time. It took me about an hour and a half to do it... 156 nuts later I was done!:D

Yesterday I focused on the track frames and got them close to being finished. I'm waiting on some motors and a speed control so today I will try to build the main lifting rams.

Oh, I haven't weighed it yet but I'm guessing it will be at least 30lbs when finished. The boom arms are 3/8 flat bar and the bucket has 4 servos to operate it so those parts alone are quite heavy.

Thanks

Espeefan
08-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow. The bare bones chassis and loader looks great. How do you cut your parts out? Did you bush the pivot points of the bucket and boom? Everything is looking very nice. I'm very interested to see this project completed.

RCP57
08-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Wow. The bare bones chassis and loader looks great. How do you cut your parts out? Did you bush the pivot points of the bucket and boom? Everything is looking very nice. I'm very interested to see this project completed.

Thanks! The main pivot points on the bucket and boom are the servo motors themselves. I didn't bush the pivots on the dumby rams because there isn't any load carried there other than weight of the rams and linkage. I just finished the main lifting mechanism so I'll take some pics or a video of that soon. I ended up making a single screw drive that runs in the belly of the machine so the lifting rams for the boom will be dumbies as well.

I use a modified wood cutting bandsaw(geared down) for cutting the aluminum and a file or grinder to clean it up. Oh yeah and I also use a file... did I mention I use a file?;)

Reg

RCP57
08-08-2011, 09:55 PM
A few pics. Hopefully these two will be working together within the next few weeks...

doodlebug
08-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Nice progress! Waiting for more!

RCP57
08-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Here are a few updated pics. I've spent a lot of time with this thing lately so It's been progressing fairly well I think. I ordered motors and a sabertooth speed control a while back and paid the extra money to have it here by the 10th and I still don't have the stuff...:mad::mad::mad: but then it is Canada post so.... Boom and bucket are now fully functional and with some fine tuning I hope they will work fairly well. Hopefully my drive parts will show tomorrow so that I can see all my hours of work function. Lots of work left and then the part I like the least... painting.

Lil Giants
08-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Fabulous fab work Reg, just like your dump trk. :cool:

RCP57
08-14-2011, 09:47 PM
This afternoons progress... so much more to do...:cool:

Reg

doodlebug
08-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Look's great!!! I used to go and watch those 955's dig basement's after school in the seventie's, when I was a wee lad. Thank's for sharing.

modelman
08-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Very nice work- Do you have a full size machine to look at for your dimensions or pictures?

RCP57
08-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

Yes we have a machine here that I can take the measurements from. I don't know how many times I've gone and looked at it and then forgot to measure something:confused:... good thing it's close by:o

I'm hoping that my parts will come in the mail today. Our mailman seems to be the only one in the area that doesn't get the mail delivered in the morning:mad:

rc_farmer
08-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Hey Reg, that's a nice piece of work you got there. Keeps the pics coming.

RCP57
08-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Motors and speed control arrived and are installed.:D Seems to function well and have good power. I think I should have opted for a the higher amp sabertooth as the 2x12 goes into protection mode long before the 17rpm motors slow down let alone stall out but I think it will work for now. I have to make all of the small idlers for the tracks yet so when I get those done and the tracks stay on:o I'll post some video of it in action.

Thanks for the complements!

steamer
08-18-2011, 01:47 AM
Hey Reg, the dozers looking really good and I'm sure it will have the power to shove a lot of dirt. Do you think it will be done for the Port truck show on Labour day weekend.
I'm really looking forward to it as I haven't had much time to myself lately and it will be a fun weekend. I think that Lou, Greg and myself will be staying Sat. and Sun.
Rob

RCP57
08-18-2011, 08:21 AM
It should be done for Port I think. I'm not sure if it will be painted but...

Do any of you have experience with servo strechers or mods that accomplish the same thing? My DX8 allows me to adjust the travel of my hytek 645's to 150% but it still isn't nearly enough travel for my bucket and is no where near 180 degrees like the servo strechers claim to achieve. I don't need 180 degree movement but I don't think I'm getting 90 degrees now and it's not enough to properly dump the bucket when the boom is up.

Thanks Reg

modelman
08-18-2011, 10:35 AM
RCP57-sounds more like a mechanical issue than servo travel. 150% travel seems to be more than enough. You probably need to adjust your pivot points to get more movement with shorter strokes. But remember that will take more power. Just a thought

RCP57
08-18-2011, 12:03 PM
The servos are mounted directly to the bucket and boom and have no issues with travelling the correct amount before hitting their internal limits but when powered up they do not come close to rotating as far. A servo strecher is supposed to fix this but I don't know for sure. I guess if I had known all this before I could have ordered servos that are modified to rotate 180 but live and learn.

Thanks

SmallHaul
08-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Wow, awesome work! The entire machine looks great. So cool to have a loader and dozer on one machine.:)

modelman
08-18-2011, 01:20 PM
What you are saying makes no sense to me. How about some pictures. Remember you are using servos for a job that is supposed to be hydraulics so it make take some adjusting and experimenting. Any time you move the pivot points closer together it should take less travel. Maybe I just don't understand. Pictures would help.

RCP57
08-18-2011, 03:27 PM
The servo motors are the pivot point so the travel is only limited by them. The servo body is mounted to the bucket and the output shaft is mounted to the boom so there is no linkage at all. The rams and linkage that you see in the pictures is all fake and does nothing. If the servos would rotate more than 80-90 degrees my problems would be over, hence me asking about the servo stretcher or mods that accomplish the same thing.

Thanks for the props Smallhaul:)

SmallHaul
08-18-2011, 03:42 PM
If you put 7955tg hitec digital servos on there they can be programed for almost 180 degrees of rotation and they have over 350oz of torque! They'll easily lift it for you but, the catch is they are $99 a piece. When you consider the price of one hydraulic cylinder though the $99 price isn't that bad.

Car5858
08-18-2011, 04:29 PM
I would remove the servos, and operate them without a load to compair the throw. You may not have both servos timed correctly and they may be fighting each other.

Just a thought

ihbuilder
08-18-2011, 05:59 PM
just a ? Reg , did you try fiddling with your end points on the Tx ? it sounds like end point adjustment , Yes/no ?

dirtpusher9
08-18-2011, 09:02 PM
WOW, very nice work.

9W Monighan
08-19-2011, 10:15 AM
I must have missed this thread and it looks like you can really work fast. You Tig weld very nicely. I have to mount cheaters inside my helmet now to see small welds. Can we see some close ups of the tracks and how you made the grousers?

RCP57
08-19-2011, 11:26 AM
I stole Greg's(RCLogger) carpet rail idea for the track pads so I can't take any credit there, the only thing I did differently was weld nuts to the links instead of using K1 type chain. I've done a little more work to it in the last few days so when I take some more pictures I'll post them up. As far as my TIG skills... just when I think that I'm getting better someone lets a seagull into the shop:D but thanks for the vote of confidence! I've put in a few 8-9 hour days on it in the last 2 weeks so it has been coming along quickly.

Thanks

RCP57
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
A few more pics. You can see the tracks a little better here. Welded on my guarding at 5:30 this morning. Time to build the dash, seat and controls. I'm holding out on finishing the undercarriage and lifting rams because once it drives without losing a track I won't make time for the small details:).

RCP57
08-26-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm posting a couple videos of the 955 in... well action I guess. It's the second time running it so the operator is a little rusty, at least the machine isn't.:D I installed a toggle switch down by the right track in an attempt to hide it more but when the track gets covered in dirt and you back up it shuts the machine off:(. I will be welding the hole up and moving the swich...http://youtu.be/lHR2pPX9Cos

RCP57
08-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I have a question... when I push into or pick up something and stall the bucket servos the sabertooth goes into protection mode and the tracks won't move until I relieve the tension on whichever servos are stalling. Is there a way around that? When the tracks stop turning the only way you can relieve the bucket is by lifting the boom so it kinda sucks.

Thanks

doodlebug
08-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Hey RCP57, how do you have your battery or battery's hooked up, do you have the reciever running off of a battery eliminator circuit? What kind of shape are your batteries in? Didn't Ben, Snowchaser have the same problem with his skidder? See post 122 on down in this link http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=447&page=7&highlight=skidder Don't know if I've helped any?
Great work so far! Try sitting behind or next to it for a while, when operating it. That's from operating 1:1 equipment, still have a hard time when the model's are facing me, LOL!

Snochaser
08-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Looks to me like it operates really nicely. Great work, yet another model I'd like to build in the near future.

I am going to guess you are drawing to much power from the servos and it's "resetting" your speed control. You will need higher voltage battery and/or an additional one to operate the servos, this may alleviate your problem, that would be my guess.

Ben

ihbuilder
08-27-2011, 08:33 AM
If your using the BEC on the speed control , it will not put out the needed amps the high torque sevos need . get yourself an external BEC . OTOH , the kitten looks great .

RCP57
08-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the info. If I plug a 6v batteery into the reciever in the batt/bind plug, do you think this will solve it or do I have to buy something else? I tried posting a couple more videos last night but they didn't completly load so they'll be up soon. Nothing to exciting though, just me doing the same thing...lookin like a spode!http://youtu.be/KrTU9iBcgq0

Snochaser
08-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I have done that with a 4v battery without success. I did switch from a 12v to 14 and that made a difference along with a BEC.

Ben

fhhhstix
08-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the info. If I plug a 6v batteery into the reciever in the batt/bind plug, do you think this will solve it or do I have to buy something else? I tried posting a couple more videos last night but they didn't completly load so they'll be up soon. Nothing to exciting though, just me doing the same thing...lookin like a spode!http://youtu.be/KrTU9iBcgq0

Yes you can use a separate battery to power the receiver and servos just remember to remove the red wire from the esc receiver plug to eliminate the bec circuit the esc supplies so you do not back feed the esc with power. You will also need a battery with a high Mah rating like 2500 or higher or you will still be in the same boat for ex a battery with a 800 Mah will only give you approximately .8 amps which will give you the same problem as before. A 2.4 receiver is very sensitive to Voltage drop so when you activate the servo under a load it will draw to much and the receiver will drop out causing the drive to quit and reset. Spectrum offers a capasitor to pug into the receiver in an open channel to help offset the voltage drop we had to use them on our race cars with the higher out put esc's when we punched the throttle on the start they would drop the voltage to far and the receiver would cut out. The capacitor would offset this and keep the receiver going till the battery recovered from the instant load.

Travis

RCP57
08-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the input! I have a 5 cell 6 volt 4200mah hump pack with the reciever plug on it so I will give it a try and see what happens. The cap may be a better solution to my problem though because the screwdrive takes up a lot of space and I don't think there is much room for another battery. I don't understand why the esc on the screwdrive still works when the sabertooth resets? Maybe it is more like a woman... sensitive?

Thanks again for all the help. Reg

Espeefan
08-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Fantastic craftsmanship, once again. It looks beautiful in it's raw state. I am enjoying your progress very much!

Vanisle
08-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Wow, great work! No wonder you didn't buy my mill when you have the skills to do that by hand. Being able to tig weld (which I can't) really opens up some possibilities for assembly. Are you going to build something to go with it?

Richard

RCP57
08-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, great work! No wonder you didn't buy my mill when you have the skills to do that by hand. Being able to tig weld (which I can't) really opens up some possibilities for assembly. Are you going to build something to go with it?

I wanted to buy your mill for sure but I thought it would have been sold until I saw it on used vic. Unfortunately for me I was away when you posted it there...

I already have my R18 to haul the dirt away so I have that covered but even "my better half" was asking me what was next just last night. I'm not sure though, I may build another fish boat... or an 850 KW logging truck... I probably should build something that makes money not costs it though.:rolleyes:

RCP57
08-27-2011, 08:37 PM
So I have a problem... I visited the local hobby shop today (over an hour away:()with the intension of buying a BEC. I explained my situation with the sabertooth and was told my new 12v lead acid 5ah battery probably wasn't able to take the load so I was talked into connecting a 6v battery directly onto the +- wires for each servo leaving only the white wires attached to the reciever instead of running a BEC. When I do this and operate my boom(screwdrive) the bucket servos do not react properly in fact they just viberate in one spot until I stop moving the boom and then they go flying into position. If I plug the servos in as normal and plug the battery into the batt/bind slot everything works fine but I was advised against this because they thought the current draw from 4 high torque servos may melt my reciever. Any thoughts? I think I should have stuck with plan A. Using a seperate battery does solve the reset problem but I honestly think if I ran a BEC it would too. I feel that if my 12v battery wasn't up to snuff the screwdrive would slow down when the other stuff stops working but it doesn't miss a beat. I don't really have the space to run a second battery without fitment issues. What do you guys think? Do you think I am drawing too much power for a BEC to help?

Sorry for all the questions but I think you guys are more in tune with this than the local shop.

Thanks Reg

I need this thing to work properly for next weekend!

fhhhstix
08-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Plug the battery and the servos into the receiver it should be fine and it works that way. The bec will plug in and work the same way but you will be better off with a separate battery. The bec like Castle Creations say 10 amps but it will handle an instant amp draw of that but not a continuous and the continuous rating goes down the higher voltage you put into it. I had a similar issue with my 4WD cat tractor I was only trying to run one high torque 1/4 scale servo and Castle Creations bec would not do it but a good receiver battery would.

The CC BEC 10A Receiver Battery Eliminator by Castle Creations.

FEATURES: Eliminates the need for a receiver and servo battery pack
Draws higher voltage from the motor batteries and drops it to a
voltage level suitable for the receiver and servos

CC BEC receiver battery eliminator

SPECS: Length: 1.2" (30mm)
Width: .6" (15mm)
Height: .4" (10mm)
Weight: .4oz (11g)
Input voltage: 5V to 25.2V (2S to 6S Li Po)
Current output: 12 volts input = 7 amps* continuous, 10 amp peak;
24 volts input = 5 amps* continuous, 7 amp peak
*Ratings are determined with a 5mph airflow on the BEC
Selectable Output: 4.8 - 9.0V via the Castle Link
Default voltage is 5.1V

Travis

RCP57
08-30-2011, 04:07 PM
For any of you Vancouver Island guys that might know, what is the plan for Port this weekend? Are all of you still going to the antique truck show? I think I can probably play for a bit:D.

I'm franticly painting my "kitty" today. I hate painting...

steamer
08-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi Reg, You bet the show is on. Greg Lou and I will be there around 09:30 Sat morning to set up and it sound like we're in a different spot this year. I far as I know we'll be staying over and running on Sunday too. When you get there just go to the main entrance building and tell the girl your with the truck modeler's and walk up the path to find us. We'll get your equipment in after, as then you can drive in. Looking forward to seeing you there.
Rob

RCP57
08-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Sweet! I'll probably be up there on Saturday morning sometime. The Cat is painted now I just have to put it back together.

RCP57
09-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Neither is really finished but, Port Alberni here I come.:D I just hope my old beaters hold together.:eek:

tracksntreadslou
09-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Awsome job reg ..looking forward to seeing it in person..thumbs up...

steamer
09-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Reg, They both look fantastic. Look forward to seeing them and you moving some dirt.
Rob

modelman
09-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Dozer looks really good!! Did you get the problems worked out with the bec?

rcman
09-03-2011, 03:45 PM
wow excellent job! I really like the dump truck too!

RCP57
09-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Had a great time in Port Alberni yesterday with the guy's, wish I could have been there again today!

Everything is working OK, there is a few bugs in the Cat but nothing to serious. The BEC seems to have fixed my problems with the Sabertooth so I'm a happy guy.

I didn't take very many pics guys cause I was to busy playing but here are a few:D

RCP57
09-04-2011, 08:57 PM
A short video of the "operation" in Port.http://youtu.be/u1vznworRcQ

tracksntreadslou
09-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey Reg ..Glad you joined us at the show ..great turn out and we have a ton of intrest ..very good feedback from the oganizers..

If you guys look closely at pic #4 reg posted you will see he does a great balancing act with his CAT and logs..Not something you see every day..

RCP57
09-08-2011, 08:49 PM
HAHA! That was 100% skill...NOT:eek:

Thanks for having me up there!

Lou, Thanks for handing me the controls to the 966 as well.

My batteries are all charged up... time to do some diggin!

I was lookin at tires on RC4WD this morning and I think I may know what my next project is...

Reg

td9clyde
09-09-2011, 07:10 PM
awsome just awsome looks like a cat 977 very beafy

dirtpusher9
09-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Come'on we need a video of these fine models working. Really good job on the building.

RCP57
09-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I stripped my bucket servos a couple days back trying to move what would have been a "giant redwood" in full scale. I'm such an idiot! It is amazing to me what this machine will push and lift, it just needs stronger servos in the bucket appearently:D I think I may switch to a pair of hitec HSR-5980SG digital servos. They are standard size but have all steel gears and a huge amount of torque. I should gain a little extra travel on my bucket too. Has anyone used them?

Reg

RCP57
01-27-2012, 08:40 PM
I did some work to the tracks yesterday so I thought I would try them out today. The tracks work good but now I stripped the servo horns in the bucket:(...It's always somethin!

http://youtu.be/Ku_NjL6OkdY

SmallHaul
01-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Great work on the dozer and cool vid.

I have been heavily abusing the Hitec 7955tg's and knock on wood, haven't damaged one yet. Lots of power.

RCP57
01-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Great work on the dozer and cool vid.

I have been heavily abusing the Hitec 7955tg's and knock on wood, haven't damaged one yet. Lots of power.

I keep looking at those servos. I think they would be perfect for my bucket for sure. They are much stronger and I could buy a servo programmer and do away with the mixing in the TX.

Do you use metal servo horns on them? First I stripped the gears in the servo and now I've stripped the plastic horns. Maybe I souldn't expect it to lift so much...:confused:

Reg

SmallHaul
01-28-2012, 08:04 AM
I keep looking at those servos. I think they would be perfect for my bucket for sure. They are much stronger and I could buy a servo programmer and do away with the mixing in the TX.

Do you use metal servo horns on them? First I stripped the gears in the servo and now I've stripped the plastic horns. Maybe I souldn't expect it to lift so much...:confused:

Reg

On the rubber tracked loaders I use the thick plastic arms and on the lift system on my Mack I use the plastic horn as well.

What is really nice about the programmable digital hitech servos is you can set an overload cutoff on them. So, you set the servo to go to half power when it pulls too much current and then as soon as the load is gone it goes right back to full power.

RCP57
01-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I had the Cat in for some "service" today. The screw drive on the boom used to have interference issues and bind before it lifted high enough(you can see this at the end of my last video) so I took it apart and moved some things around. Now it lifts like the real machine and hits the radiator gaurd on the truck tire just as the boom hits the box. I know this is how the 1:1 stuff is because my Dad bumps the Euc with the 955 once and a while and rattles my brain when I'm waiting for him to load it.HAHA!

Reg

RCP57
03-07-2013, 04:59 PM
I haven't had this one out since last September. When I got home from work today it was nice outside so I thought I would enjoy a little play time!

http://youtu.be/GZafMw7muvI

RCP57
09-04-2013, 10:47 PM
A quick video from the operators perspective.

http://youtu.be/q-kw3nuw8Gs

RCP57
10-02-2014, 08:47 AM
I used this old girl yesterday to load gravel into my King Hauler. I haven't run this machine much since I upgraded the voltage(12-16.8) a few months back. I must say that the increased voltage makes it much more fun to operate even though it is still fairly slow. Anyone who has ran a real one of these knows that they aren't super fast anyway so I think the speed is still somewhat realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpVLl-lGCjc&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2OkmDi3ZaY&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A

Thanks for looking.

TRUCKMAKER
10-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Nice kitty Reg, speed looks good to me. Glad I caught this post, for some reason I missed this build over the years.

RCP57
06-18-2017, 12:53 PM
I've actually been enjoying the play side of this hobby a bit more lately. This old girl hasn't done much other than collect dust for quite some time so I busted her out and had some fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC1s1C0ypGY&t=121s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6qRPmNzcT4

sparkycuda
06-19-2017, 10:22 AM
Reg, I always enjoy the older machines, since that is what I grew up with. Really nice model.
Ken

RCP57
06-19-2017, 01:57 PM
Thanks Ken. I'm a simple guy so I like simple machinery!lol

crusher
06-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Greg its probably too late but found #35 k1 chain at a place called Belarus Tractor International, it is in the us, I bought 10ft for approx. $70 us with reasonable shipping.
Terry

doodlebug
07-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Greg its probably too late but found #35 k1 chain at a place called Belarus Tractor International, it is in the us, I bought 10ft for approx. $70 us with reasonable shipping.
Terry

Super price!
Cheers!

RCP57
07-06-2017, 10:30 AM
The last time I bought it from Viking Chains in Vancouver BC it was $7.50CAD per foot. That was about three years ago now though.