PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Western Illinios

YoungGunz
07-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Hello,

My name is J.D. I'm 18 and i will be a freshman in college this fall studying Engineering Technology. Ive always had a love for trucks and i have a Tamiya King Hauler and a Ford Aeromax and two trailers. I figured after many months of looking at this forum as a non-member i could join and get into the madness and hopefully expand my fleet a little more. I put a few pictures of my king hauler that i built a year ago and the pictures are pretty old... i have added a few things to it hopefully i can take some new pictures....

Well thanks again, im sure i will have plenty of questions as i do not know everything and i am very eager to learn even more about this great hobby.

Car5858
07-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Welcome J.D.

rc_farmer
07-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Nice looking truck, welcome to the board.

pigeonfarmboy
07-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Cool, welcome aboard! Check the central plains section. There's a meet in St. Louis this weekend. Make sure to introduce yourself to me if you come.

doodlebug
07-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Welcome aboard. There's alot of neat project's and information in the thread's!
Enjoy.

siuvinson
07-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Welcome! Where are you going to school at? My brother teaches some ROTC programs at WIU for the IL National Guard...I'm an SIU grad myself and my Fiance graduated from ISU.

Nice looking truck! I'm digging the paint scheme!

YoungGunz
07-13-2011, 09:36 AM
I'll be going to WIU and its in my home town so my daily commute to school will be no more than 5 or 6 blocks. And I'm glad you like the truck, its the first truck i built myself and actually those pictures are from when i first built it.. ive added full fenders, super singles and a new visor since then along with a new Novak motor and ESC.

Sadly i wont make it to the meet in St. Louis i would probably would if i had known about it earlier because these meets dont happen everyday so hopefully the next one i can make

mack kid
07-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Welcome J.D. nice looking Truck. With a Engineering tech it will be nice to see your ideas.

pigeonfarmboy
07-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Next meet is august 19 - 21 in indianapolis. Wouldn't miss that one!