PDA

View Full Version : Radio help!!

tc1cat
07-17-2011, 07:36 AM
I am in the process of building dozer and I need some help in choosing a radio for it. Both sticks are already used for controlling the dozer. I want to use Firgellis for the blade movement. What radio would you use? I know that it should have at least 1 3 position switch for the Firgellis. I am not sure which models of the various radios have this feature. Firgellis will only lift and lower the blade.

Don't worry guys, this is just in the design stage now. No time has been taken from my making parts for the orders taken. :D

Thanks in advance,

trucker n
07-17-2011, 12:47 PM
hey lynn i would use a rds8000:D

doodlebug
07-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Hey Lynn, those Firgellis can be ordered as servo style or motor style, have you considered running them with esc's? L12 series,
Standard options include: four stroke lengths, three force/speed combinations(gear ratios), four interface options including RC servo, Industrial servo(4-20mA or 0-5V control), linear position feedback, and end of stroke limit switches.

This was from there site, hope it help's. No I don't think you need a fancy radio, I'm using and old 4 channel for my dozer project. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

Izzy built a dozer with those Firgelli's. The picture's are in his thread, "thing's that I have made". Now I'm fighting the server.
Later.