PDA

View Full Version : Ebay fees: higher higher higher!!!

Bsorenson79
07-18-2011, 10:37 PM
I swear the fees for selling on Ebay go up weekly. Does this bother anyone else? :mad:

Car5858
07-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes it does, one of the main reasons that I stopped selling there a couple years ago.

9W Monighan
07-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I've never sold anything on Ebay but they do keep sending me emails for free listings. I guess they're after a new sucker. What are the charges? I never looked it up.

mazdaparts
07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
I haven't sold in a while but when I do I usually take advantage of the free or low cost listings. The final value fees do suck if you sell something expensive.

SmallHaul
07-20-2011, 08:54 AM
The cost of selling on ebay is about 10% to 15% depending on category, number of pictures, payment type etc.. and they also charge a percentage of the shipping cost.

So, if you sell something for $100.00 and it is $10 to ship it and they pay with paypal You would end up with around $86 in your pocket.

It is best to sell unique and hard to find items on ebay to get top dollar and sell common items on forums that relate to the item.

Panther F
07-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, it used to bother me. But I quit selling on there years ago. Especially when they took away the fact a seller couldn't leave negative feedback ... even if the buyer was a deadbeat.

Not much parody there.

Now getting a percentage of the shipping fees. Just jack the crap up on the price of the item and shipping and let 'er go! :D

- Jeff

derailed
07-21-2011, 04:55 PM
i dont know if they started it but i heard they were supposed to put fees on the total, item and shipping
so many sellers are putting items dirt cheap with crazy shipping costs so to make up for the loss in the sale itself
ebay knows this so they are supposed to add fees on shipping too to make up for the loss in the sale
i personally refuse to buy from a seller that puts high shipping costs
if i buy something and they wont quote a price til the auction is closed, i do go through with the purchase but dont expect good feedback
i sold an rc truck for $1800 us and the fees were actually very reasonable

ihbuilder
07-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Ebay's a ------ PITA