PDA

View Full Version : hydraulics

androiduk
09-12-2011, 03:36 PM
This area is totally new to me , never done anything with hydraulics before , I am planning a couple of builds which are going to require the use of them.

1 requires 4 cylinders to operate at once..

I am after any tips or tutorials or advice that you guys can offer as I say I knowing at all about the use of hydraulics so I dont even know how to "plumb" it all up or what to use.

Thanks guys and gals.

Andy

rc_farmer
09-13-2011, 11:21 PM
If you check out my grader, in the construction section, I am using all hydraulics on it. What size cylinders do you wish to use and have you looked at Leimbach pumps? I had my cylinders custom made.

androiduk
09-14-2011, 04:57 AM
I have several site book marked for parts Leimbach is one of them the 4 in 1 operation requires 50mm stroke cylinders , on the same model I also require 2 more the size of them I have yet to calculate the same as space and drive line it also requires 4 wheel drive 4 wheel stear all in all its going to be a very long term project. Ive never done anything like this before LOL.

Andy

doodlebug
09-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Hey Andy, Try this site for hydraulic's education. Study pump's, valve's and cylinder's first. Hope this help's.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

http://www.hydraulicspneumatics.com/200/FPE/IndexPage.aspx

Blender
09-15-2011, 12:40 AM
I have several site book marked for parts Leimbach is one of them the 4 in 1 operation requires 50mm stroke cylinders , on the same model I also require 2 more the size of them I have yet to calculate the same as space and drive line it also requires 4 wheel drive 4 wheel stear all in all its going to be a very long term project. Ive never done anything like this before LOL.

Andy

Are you willing to tell what you're building? I'm curious, but i understand if you want to keep it a mystery.

androiduk
09-15-2011, 04:38 AM
Hey Andy, Try this site for hydraulic's education. Study pump's, valve's and cylinder's first. Hope this help's.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

http://www.hydraulicspneumatics.com/200/FPE/IndexPage.aspx

Thanks Neil I will have a look in a bit .

androiduk
09-15-2011, 04:48 AM
Are you willing to tell what you're building? I'm curious, but i understand if you want to keep it a mystery.

Its in the very early stages of being planned and costed , I would like to build a 1/14 scale model of a Leibherr LTM1030 mobile telescopic crane , its 4 wheel drive 4 wheel stear.

As I said im in early stages of planning obtaining as many good quality photos and measurements as possible but scale length of main body should be around 600 mm width of 182 mm , I am just trying to get an idea for the outriggers , I plan on rack and pinion to deploy the legs but hydraulics for the actual leveling part built from manly ali with brass inserts to avoid the ali rubbing.

Its probably going to take a year or so planning alone then 3 or 4 years to build depending on finances and life .

Andy