PDA

View Full Version : Old member returning: Yahoo group...

WhiteWolf McBride
09-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Some of you may remember me from the Yahoo group, and yea, I know i've been quiet for a while. I dinna get out of the hobby, I just got roped into playing chauffeur for a nephew/godson who lost his license.

I'm looking to get back into the hobby, either with a High Lift crawler, or a Globeliner or King/Knight Hauler converted into a Milspec transport w/ 6x6 capability.

I'd also be interested in seeing if there are parts made for intwerfacing Robbe gear to Tamiya, and vice-versa...

WhiteWolf McBride,
in Ottawa.

PS: PM and e-mail capabilities enabled.

Lil Giants
09-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Hey WWM, it has been a long time no hear, good to see around again. :)

WhiteWolf McBride
09-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Hey, seen Willy's call sign around too. He's been conspicuously absent from the tankers areas I read. Guess his interest waggles back and forth, eh?

How's the basement coming? and how many gearboxes.motors ya burned out doin it?

I'm ~still~ not finished with the blasted 'Panther'... and have a full 6x6 'Rosdeo with most of a second one awaiting ere-assembly, but I really wanna do a 6x6 Tamiya chassis... seem to be better quality thatn Robbe, and more variety in the rims/tires mountable.

I did reasd the rules, and don't want to artificially inflate my post-count, but I'm in the market for the gear to do so, so if you know anyopne, send 'em my way? I'm rolling in the dough now that my subsidized housing came through right after the doc's fixed my throat (back in April of '08)

TTYL,
Patrick / WhiteWolf

androiduk
09-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Hi Patrick , good to have you on board , I cant wait to see picture of your fleet as it progress's.

Andy

WhiteWolf McBride
09-21-2011, 02:07 AM
Thanks Andy,

I've been promising myself I'm going to take the motor pool out one of these days and photograph it, but where I live, unless I have someone watching it while I go for another load, it'll vanish.

Besides, some guys still think my 'collection' is all talk, and its about time I put my proof up in pics, eh Willy?

I'm going to pray for a decent day this weekend (Sept. 22rd-25th) or mebbe Monday, and hope I can get one of the other tenants to assist me (I'm helping him get an old Traxxas Rustler rolling - busted Rx Xtal) but my most recent acquisition is still on its way.

Guess I'll have to start asking the guys who makes what now, as I've seen some Tamiya-Wedico interface parts, but no Robbe-Tamiya ones.

I'll also read thru and post my thoughts where I can, without being a twerp, as I have a few things that could go out the door, and need a bunch more on my tally before I can post in B/S/T.

I just can't wait to be retired... AGAIN (long story)

WhiteWolf