PDA

View Full Version : truck questions

SuperDutyScaler
09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
ok i finally painted my king cab today so its ready to put back together, ive been searching the forum and see allot of yous have the frame cut on a angle? It looks like you took the rear section from the new Tamiya Hilux truck? am i right or is someone making the rear section? And second i see tons of trucks with custom cut front aluminum grills? I see allot of peter built grills but only a few Kenworth's? i really want the kenworth grill but i cant seem to find it on this forum? Can you tell me where to buy one at?

Tamiya Cowboy
09-25-2011, 07:26 PM
As for how I do it I cut small wedge out of the end of the frame rail and then bend the lip down to meet it then glue it and do a little body work on the seam. As for the Pete grills I just modded the stock one and the other one is water jeted out of 1/4 alum. On the KW grill the guy that was making them cant get them done anymore I am working on this issue with a shop to have them made..

SuperDutyScaler
09-26-2011, 02:00 PM
thankyou TC, when you get the grill's under control can you PM me so i can order one please?