PDA

View Full Version : Hello

rgrant
10-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey my name is Rusty and I've been watching this site like a theif in the night so I thought I'd say hello and offer my help and recive some I hope !!
first my spelling really bad and a can't get the spell checker to work please work with me !! next time will be better I promise
So a little back ground I did worked as a heavy eq mechine for around 15 years till I started my own consation co which has been closed about 6 years
I'm 50 and disabled and have huge amounts of time my hands not much money at all but alot of time
So I had this idea about 2 years ago to build a 1/4 scale D8K Rc with a pan/tilt camera ! I know almost every nut and bolt in a D8k I owned a couple of them earlier so I've worked on them alot and for other people. So if I can help anyway I'm a good welder and know alot heavy eq and trucks and have alot of tools and machines I've got a really good 375 miller mig/stick/tig welder and alot of metal working machines and metal
I want to get this out in front before starting anything
I'm sure not braging about what I'm or what I have because I'm not for sure !!
like I said I'm 50 and disabled now for about 6 years and my wife of 21 years died suddenly that was and still is hard to deal with But I'm not looking for a shoulder to cry on just to offer my help anyway I can and I'm really NOT strong in the electroincs and pc stuff ( think or know I'll need some help with this project for sure ) I've never build a scrath model before. I've messed with rc truck T_MAXX, revos airplanes _styders and heils but nothing like this !! I've still got some of these maybe do some trading !!!
Enough background
Main GOAL: A 1/4 scale D8K with a camera pan/tilt with a winch mounted on back to help balance also ! I want to make a KG Blade, angle Blade and a root rake
I want to do alot of underbrushing around my house Which I'm not able to do by hand with a saw ( the reason for all the background stuff ) HaHa But the idea is to have a camera with pan/tilt and the video trans. so I can sit in the shed or in the house while the snow is blowing and watch on a 55" flat screen and under brush around my house there is alot of it at least a couple acres,
I was thinking it would need to run 2 or 3 hours at a time on gas or longer the better
I don't have money to put in it I have alot of metal and stuff . A tractor hyd pump and a 12v hyd pump which I thought would be useful and a lot of other stuff like this after I closed the shop so junk parts are the way I have to go or no build I Have a good bit of rc electrioncs I plan on usinng to operta
I was thinking a small gas engine turning a hyd pump with motors and gear reduction and turn a alternator to keep battery charged
If this works I want to build a trackhoe to help brake up the brush and pile it to burn
Now that I can't afford to pay anyone or do it myself so this would be a great hobby to do and get the underbrushing done too , all at one time.
I may be able to get somebody to run the trackhoe for me in western North caroline mountains where I live for a plane ticket HAHA
If any body has any Ideas along these lines I'd really like your help with ideas
MR dirtpusher9 has a cool D9R I'd like to know more about it and I can't renenber his name but it was a 1/6 scale D11R that it has great power to weight ratio I'd like to know how he has it powered and mr can't remenberhis name he is on here the most detailed D11R model thurthly amazaing ! I've sence some really amzaming heavy eq models and trucks on here and you all should be very proud of what you have built for sure !!!!!!!!!!!
Well it is going to be a honor to build something worth putting on this great site IF I can HaHa
It will be alot of fun I think !!!

Juganought
10-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Lil Giants
10-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Welcome to forums Mr Grant. :)

dirtpusher9, his 1st name is Joe, a very kind & helpful person, but also as of late very busy with his job. Don't see him quite so freqently anymore. You can send him a PM (personal message), which he'll see right away the next time he logs in. And if you don't know how to do that, then look near the top of the forum page for the hyper link to FAQ, that'll explain how to send private messages, as well how to use many other forum features in detail. ;)

I think one of the other guys you refered to with 1/6 gas dozer as seen on youtube before? He's a member here & his handle is dozer nerd (I don't know his 1st name), I believe he's from Washington state.

Another fellow, a very skilled craftsman that has built many models, few of them of rc, but experienced in working with many different types of materials is Jerry Hall. He spends most of his time in the Non Rc Model Trucks and Equipment forum near the bottom of the Index page.

And ofcourse, not to forget D8R, Dan from Sweden, he swears he'll finnish his 1:5.6 Cat dozer this coming winter. Beautiful machine! Here's the link to his thread http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=456

We look forward to seeing your progess on your newfound interest of rc constr equip. :)

rgrant
10-03-2011, 08:25 PM
I want to thank you for a quick reply and your info help. I'm hoping to get start soon when I can get afew more drawings finshed . I don't have a camera I have a flip video camera are they a place to put video's here? But thanks for your help and maybe some of the other guys will contact us soon with some ideas !!

Lil Giants
10-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Are you able to load video from your camera to your computer? If yes, then you could capture still shots from the video to load to photobucket.com & use the image code [img] below the picture to post on here. As well, photobucket allows video hosting their too and then you paste the link in your reply window. youtube.com is the better choice for loading videos, for me anyway.

ihbuilder
10-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the forums Mr. Grant :) here's a D8R in progress here by Dan (D8R) http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=456

Steve