PDA

View Full Version : Lighting?

Bsorenson79
10-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Does anyone know what voltage a Tamiya MFU puts out to the lights that comes with the kit. I wanna get the lights working straight from my receiver. I know I'm gonna have to use resisters. I'm trying to figure out how get these lights working.

Espeefan
10-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Bsorenson, if you mean you want to re-wire the lights so they don't work off the MFU, and instead run off another power source, switchable (on/off) from your receiver, then you will definitely need to add some resistors. What kind depends on your power source voltage, and how many LEDs you want to have. Now I'm not firmilar with the Tamiya MFU, but I don't think each LED has it's own resistor. Instead don't the lights just plug into the MFU unit, and maybe their is a resistor on the board of the MFU, which makes it plug and play?

Most LEDs are running on 3 volts, and should be limited to 250 mili-amps. That's really all you need to know to re-wire things and choose your resistors based on that. Just plug the numbers into this online calculator, and you'll get the results of what resistors you need, and how to wire them.

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz