PDA

View Full Version : Bring the machine to life

Themonty73
11-03-2011, 03:52 AM
HELP

Hi Guys,

I have a Sabertooth Dual 5A Motor Controller for RC
and i'm trying to get power from this to a Saturn 2.4GHz RC Transmitter / Receiver 4-Ch
out of the 6 ports i have which one provides the power to the receiver. Do i need anlother wire from the bettery ports to the recevicer block is is it carried on any of the three cables that are on the back of the speed controller.

Please help :confused:

9W Monighan
11-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Power to the receiver comes from the Sabertooth's BEC circuit when you plug the various channels into your receiver.

Lil Giants
11-03-2011, 11:24 AM
BEC power comes from the red wire of the esc servo lead.

If you were using more than one esc, then you would disconnect the red wire from the plug on one of the them. The Sabertooth however, is essentially one esc, so leave both red wires inplace.

Themonty73
11-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Cheers for your help gents. We now have a little life in her.
I'm using 2x3volt tamiya gearbox motors but my speed controller is 6 volts how do I stop it burning out my 3 volt motors using higher capacity batteries??

Cheers

Themonty73
11-06-2011, 03:17 AM
Cheers for your help gents. We now have a little life in her.
I'm using 2x3volt tamiya gearbox motors but my speed controller is 6 volts how do I stop it burning out my 3 volt motors using higher capacity batteries??

Cheers

modelman
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Do you know how to hook up batteries in series & parallel? Example-Take-2-1-1/2v batt's in series will give you-3-v's. Add extra batteries in parallel to give you more capacity. Your ESC might not work on-3-volts. I have the 2X5 and it won't work below-5-volts.