PDA

View Full Version : Clark Michigan Loader

Lil Giants
11-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Fantastic history video of the 675 Clark Michigan wheel loaders... how they built 'em - drove 'em back in the good ol' days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTA52Hy6xM

doodlebug
11-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Hey Joe, thank's for sharing! I like the "old school" equipment!
Later, Neil.

Espeefan
11-07-2011, 01:53 PM
It never ceases to amaze me what people built back in the days when they didn't have anywhere near the technology we have today. Incredible stuff! I still think we've got nothing on those guys, considering what they created with less.

Pretty cool that the 675 had an all mechanical drivetrain. Now days anything that big would be electro-mechanical, eploying electric motors on the axles, and an alternator driven by the engine(s).

Lil Giants
11-08-2011, 07:12 AM
We still have all of our fingers & toes Nathan... did you notice the number of safety violations throughout the videos? Especially the two guys assembling that drive axle, the guy on the right looks like he's wearing loafers!

Brel
11-08-2011, 10:21 AM
great video
there is not many safety helmets being worn and the same could be said for the footwear too

ihbuilder
11-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I use to get loaded buy 1 . 1 bucket and the trailer was full just a hair under leagle gross weight

sparkycuda
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Safety violations? No, just a different time in the work place. Notice the 475 video - no ROPS or seat belt, either. It is amazing the changes of industry safety practices and equipment that have happened over the last 40 years. When I first started, steel toed-shoes were optional and very difficult to find and pay for. Ear plugs were cotton or cigarette butts, and guys usually laughed at you for "protecting your hearing". "Safety" glasses were worn only by people with bad vision. Of course, I know a lot of guys who now wear hearing aids, have fingers missing or have sight in only one eye.

It is really cool to see the old stuff working and imagine what was built with then-current technology.

Ken

doodlebug
11-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Yah but! Tier 4 emmision's and electronic's aren't alway's reliable!
Later, Neil.