PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ireland!

SWAGGER
11-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi all,

My name is Steve, from Dublin, Ireland. I'm 31 and just getting back into RC.
When I was younger, I used to build and fly nitro planes and gliders with my dad. I also had a 1:10 Tamiya Electric Lancia Delta Integrale and a boat. I left the hobby behind at 16 when I was just way more interested in women and partying!:D

Now that i'm a bit older, not much wiser, but kinda settled down a bit, I have gotten back in to the world of RC. I have a couple of helis now and last year I bought a Knight Hauler kit. I will do a seperate thread on that.

I have been a member on Tamiya Club for over a year but don't find that there is a lot of truck talk, it's a great forum but I was hoping for a bit more action, ie, threads, posts and pics and so on. The guys are nice and helpful, but it's a little quiet and slow for me. I check in every now and again and there are no new threads etc. Someone on there posted a link to this site. I checked it out and I am well impressed, signed up straightaway. There is a whole lot more going on here, with lots of interesting build threads and there appears to be a pile of experts and expertise which is not squandered, but spread around openly. Seems like my kind of forum.

So I only have the one truck right now and times are hard money wise, but I do intend to stick with this hobby and build a collection. I love the trucks and enjoy the build and modding as much as driving, if not more so.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you and learning from the masters

Smokin Joe
11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Welcome Steve. I find this forum to be a place the best share with us the incredible skills they have. Joe

SWAGGER
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Welcome Steve. I find this forum to be a place the best share with us the incredible skills they have. Joe

Thanks very much Joe!

Car5858
11-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Welcome Steve, if you have questions just ask. Everyone here can answer your question or know who can.

They have helped a bunch already.:):)

SWAGGER
11-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Thank you very much Car. I have seen already that when someone asks a question here, they get good quality answers and pretty quick. I have seen other forums where questions go unanswered for months. I have learned so much already here, just from reading through peoples build threads and the random things that come up along the way.

Dreamweaver
11-12-2011, 03:38 AM
http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/MJDreamweaver/Reference%20Pictures/Smillies/welcome1.gif to the board Steve, ya have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

SWAGGER
11-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Cheers Dreamweaver, I sure will!