PDA

View Full Version : USPS SUCKS!!!

glorydays24
11-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Well I guess it's my turn to do some complaining...
A while back S&P (John) sent me a set of knight frame rails, and as you might of guessed, I didn't get them:mad:

Now I orderd 2 sets of his fenders. The receipt he has said my package would be deliverd today, and guess what...NO PACKAGE!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I don't blame John for any of this, I think he is an upstanding guy.

And this isn't the only time the mail system let me down, there has been several times in the past.
I guess I should've spent the extra money and had John send them UPS. At least i've never had a problem with them.
I think the usps should revamp thier way of doing buisiness to take care of thier customers.
OK i'm done. But i'm still pretty po'd!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Big John

Claus
11-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, I feel your pain. I have had bad luck with shipping in the past, I have learned one thing, buying insurance will help if the shipper losses you package but when it comes to damage they will say you did not pack it well enough, no matter what.

glorydays24
11-14-2011, 08:49 PM
I hear ya buddy...After all it's never "thier fault":mad::mad:
Yea i'm still upset, not only for me, but for John also.

Big John

Stuff
11-15-2011, 11:04 AM
I hate usps to. they return items i bought saying "address invalid"...

doodlebug
11-15-2011, 01:09 PM
I now have to ship all of my oil samples via ups, or they don't get there!
I have had them returned "damaged in handling" Snooping sob's, why would I put my return address on something bad?

Later, Neil.

Lil Giants
11-15-2011, 06:58 PM
I always request packages the from states to be sent Priority Mail USPS, so for sure it drops into the Canada Post system (don't have rural delivery on the farm for courier service).

It could be a week or it could be a month, 9 out of 10 the delays are getting through customs in a timely manner.

Only once had it happen sending a package to stepside in PA, package took 8-10wks. But overall, good service from USPS Priority Mail.

tc1cat
11-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Having shipped things all over the world, it really matters what class you ship with when you use USPS. My brother just retired from the USPS as a clerk. He always told me to ship Priority for packages and use first class if sending just an envelope- padded or flat. Only problem I have had shipping the light bezels has been a slight delay with Canada's PO when it was on strike. I have had more problems with Fedex and UPS than I ever had with USPS. It is no fun to get a phone call from a complete stranger telling you that UPS just dropped off a package at their home that YOU know has a $10,000 item in it. I was just the middleman on this but would have been liable for the cost of the item if it was lost. This has happened more than once to me with UPS:eek: Both times my address was on the package:eek::eek:

Bsorenson79
11-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Well I guess it's my turn to do some complaining...
A while back S&P (John) sent me a set of knight frame rails, and as you might of guessed, I didn't get them:mad:

Now I orderd 2 sets of his fenders. The receipt he has said my package would be deliverd today, and guess what...NO PACKAGE!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I don't blame John for any of this, I think he is an upstanding guy.

And this isn't the only time the mail system let me down, there has been several times in the past.
I guess I should've spent the extra money and had John send them UPS. At least i've never had a problem with them.
I think the usps should revamp thier way of doing buisiness to take care of thier customers.
OK i'm done. But i'm still pretty po'd!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Big John

Don't worry! If you look it up they lose more and more every year. They are cutting their service and closing more and more post offices. They are even going to do away with Saturday service. It wont be long before a revamp takes place, or worst case senerio outta business, or just sold to a private outfit. That's what I think will end up happening anyway LOL.

Espeefan
11-16-2011, 02:31 PM
USPS is good for letters, and things sent in the Flat Rate boxes, but I find that for just about everything else that you package send out in a box of your own, you are money ahead by using Fed Ex or UPS. I find USPS's fees get out of hand, as soon as your box is larger then 11" square. They hit you with some hefty oversized fees! I don't consider that a large box at all. Once you get an oversized fee, you might as well ship with UPS or Fed Ex. They'll include tracking numbers that actually work, and your buyer will get whatever it is you sent him or her about 2 days sooner. That's been my exeperience within the states here.

Panther F
11-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Huh. I must be fortunate to have such a good PO where we live because we have never had anything lost sent to us, or by using delivery confirmation.

Must be tough luck or unreliable people. :eek:

~ Jeff

glorydays24
11-16-2011, 06:28 PM
This is everyone who has responded, I think from now on, I will just pay the extra for UPS.
Like I said, i've never had a problem with them.

I remember years ago, I was playing the drums in different bands. UPS showed up with a set chimes I bought for my drum kit. When the driver handed me the box and it was making some noise like something had shatterd like glass.
And he was kind enough to tell me I could put a damage claim on it.
I told him what it was, and he just smiled.
Anyhoo, I thought it was very kind of him.
I did receive my fenders from John yesterday, but I will do things safer in the future:D

Izzy
12-15-2011, 07:44 PM
New rules - USPS will be slowing down first class - I had issues but am using garynteed services if important.

glorydays24
12-15-2011, 09:35 PM
New rules - USPS will be slowing down first class - I had issues but am using garynteed services if important.

Well Izzy, that sounds pretty good, and I don't mind waiting a little linger if there's a better chance I get what I orderd.:D

Big John

roadranger
01-07-2012, 02:36 PM
I've had bad experiences with ALL of them...
This Xmas I was expecting a pkg. sent USPS Priority, delivery confirmation said it was delivered - it wasn't, and had to take most of a Sat. morning to go down to the P.O. and file a complaint and trace it. A week later the P.O. says it's "lost". A week and a half after that it shows up in my postal lockbox, for a total of 3.5 weeks late! (at least it came!)

That same week just B-4 Xmas, United Parcel drops off a box that wasn't even in my zip code. Had a heck of a time getting ahold of UPS to come out to pick it up and deliver it properly. Took them 3 days to come get it... the recipient didn't get it in time for Xmas.

Had a package UPS delivered that was flattened, sender had insured it, and was a hobby shop that regularly shipped UPS and knew how to pack items, but UPS would NOT pay for it. I was out the $200 for the trashed item.

FedEx around here will NOT deliver without a signature, so that takes 3 extra days to swap paperwork, AND they still leave the pkg. out in the open on my doorstep. Had a pkg. turn up missing AFTER I signed for it - too bad, not FedEx's problem.

1985 kenworth
01-07-2012, 03:37 PM
well so far knock on wood i have had good experiences from the postal i received something from ups and they charged me a total of $370 for some bs admin charge and duty and brokerage fees and another shipment i got from florida by ups was 4 days late and the boxes were busted open thank goodness nothing missing but they just dumped it like that will never use them again if i do not have to...