PDA

View Full Version : Case MX270 Tractor

Tamiya Cowboy
08-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Here is my Tamiya/Dickie Rc tractor. I have not done much to it but convert it to better radio gear. There is a few of these over on the Germany web boards and You Tube all decked but since I got the Steiger and and new project a case 4920 it has been on the back burner for now.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/theonlytamiyacowboy/036.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/theonlytamiyacowboy/037.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/theonlytamiyacowboy/038.jpg

RCTech9
08-28-2010, 01:07 AM
That tire looks really squishy.

Tamiya Cowboy
08-28-2010, 01:38 AM
You got to push pretty hard I was just showing they are not rock hard.

Espeefan
08-28-2010, 10:56 AM
I wanted one of these things way back when I first saw them, of all places, on Target's website. I inquired about buying them in the store, but was told they were an online purchase only. Never did pick one up.

What kind of power and speed do these things have? Are they actually useful as a tractor, or better off as a trailer load? What kind of quality is the drivetrain?

Claus
08-28-2010, 05:07 PM
I wanted one of these things way back when I first saw them, of all places, on Target's website. I inquired about buying them in the store, but was told they were an online purchase only. Never did pick one up.

What kind of power and speed do these things have? Are they actually useful as a tractor, or better off as a trailer load? What kind of quality is the drivetrain?

Yeah, what he said?

Tamiya Cowboy
08-29-2010, 11:31 AM
With the new radio gear in it and new ESC the power is very good for a stock set up. I pull any of my implements around with it and my son uses it to pull semis back to the shop with there trailer the tires get outstanding traction. To be honest it has never been a load as it is always running around.

FabOne
08-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Paul -

NICE piece! You have Dieselkid drooling. He operates the 1:1 versions and also his boss leased a third Case/Steiger 435, 4x4 for Alex, so that he could run the same as him and his son.

-Terry

rc_farmer
08-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Paul, i loaded the outside rears and the fronts with bb shots. I also removed two wheels from the front. The added weight doesn't bother it too much on a solid surface. Haven't tried to pull anything too heavy with it, just a wagon. I had a tamiya esc and put that is there. That all i changed for right now.....same high speed gearing.

Tamiya Cowboy
08-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Paul -

NICE piece! You have Dieselkid drooling. He operates the 1:1 versions and also his boss leased a third Case/Steiger 435, 4x4 for Alex, so that he could run the same as him and his son.

-Terry

Yeah that is what he was saying to day on the phone we shall see he sure likes them.

Paul, i loaded the outside rears and the fronts with bb shots. I also removed two wheels from the front. The added weight doesn't bother it too much on a solid surface. Haven't tried to pull anything too heavy with it, just a wagon. I had a tamiya esc and put that is there. That all i changed for right now.....same high speed gearing.

Robbert mine does not seam to be too high maybe it is the low volt start esc i use?? I have BB's in my inside ones I think I have to check.

ddc333
08-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Paul I assume that the scale is 1/16 ??

And where do you get them or are they still available ??
Thanks

Tamiya Cowboy
08-30-2010, 08:08 AM
No this is 1/13 to 1/14 and they stoped making them a long time ago. They are pretty hard to find this one is for sale..

enginemiester
02-24-2011, 10:05 PM
What would your price be?

fhhhstix
02-24-2011, 11:45 PM
I believe he has sold it and just forgot to update the thread.

Travis

enginemiester
02-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Well darn that would be an awsome project