PDA

View Full Version : 3 speed transmission question?

Claus
11-20-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm building a Wedico Peterbilt, it has a aluminum cased Wedico 3 speed transmission. I managed to tear third gear out of the transmission without even having a working truck, (I was running the truck off of a train transformer). Third gear is slipping on the shaft, this seems to be pretty common with the transmissions. I'm trying to decide between fixing the trans mission or going to the RC4WD transmission, I want to keep 3 speeds.

http://store.rc4wd.com/3-Speed-Full-Metal-Transmission-Black_p_830.html

Anybody have any experiences with this transmission? There would need to be some work done as the motor lays the wrong direction for a Wedico.

fhhhstix
11-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Claus I have no experience with the WEDICO but the RC4WD is not worth the $200. I have one in my black King Hauler dump truck first off it is very hard to shift I am using a high torque hitec 645mg just to shift it and it is all that the servo wants. Next it is very noisy and the out put for the front drive axle is only engaged in first gear which is no big deal if you don't need it anyway.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/Black%20dump%20truck/100_0136.jpg

Travis

Claus
11-20-2011, 09:50 PM
I am using thee same servo to shift the Wedico and the 4WD will not be used anyways. The insides of that transmission look pretty tough. I'm afraid if I rebuild the Wedico it will only happen again. Travis can you shift that transmission on the fly?

fhhhstix
11-21-2011, 07:37 PM
I am using thee same servo to shift the Wedico and the 4WD will not be used anyways. The insides of that transmission look pretty tough. I'm afraid if I rebuild the Wedico it will only happen again. Travis can you shift that transmission on the fly?

Well I don't know if it is recommended or not but I do shift on the fly.

Travis

Claus
11-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Well I don't know if it is recommended or not but I do shift on the fly.

Travis

Travis I just read the description again;

Our 3 Speed transmission is the most advanced transmission on the market today. Not only it's full metal, you actually can shift while driving.

Guess that answers my question.