PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Jerseyville, Ontario!!

REV73
11-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Hi everyone, I just purchased a King Hauler last spring and found it to be the best building experience I ever had!!! I even managed to get a picture of it in the readers rides section of the November Radio Control Car Action magazine if you happen to have a copy of it laying around take a look. I have been browsing the forum here for a few days now and can't believe how many talented custom builders there are. I can't wait to get to know some of the people here.

civic83
11-28-2011, 09:47 AM
welcome! dirdydogrc and I are just down the road in brantford, we should meet up sometime to drive the trucks together. were going in the burlington santa clause parade on dec 4th as well, your welcome to join!

REV73
11-28-2011, 09:50 PM
One of the first things I noticed was that there were 2 members from Brantford!! I was thinking the same thing. do you guys have mock construction set ups that you run on, or do you just hit a nice parking lot? My king hauler hasn't been outfitted with radio gear yet but I think Santa may come a bit early this year.

civic83
11-28-2011, 11:06 PM
na we just drive around basically. I want to build a loading dock and get a forklift but time and $$ will make that wait for a while!

REV73
11-29-2011, 06:25 AM
so what exactly are you guys doing in the parade?

civic83
11-29-2011, 12:01 PM
We have a couple scale floats made up with my buddy's logo for his business on them, we're just marching in the parade with them, also got a few scale pickups decorated up going too

1985 kenworth
01-01-2012, 12:07 PM
are you guys talking about burlington ontario canada

Goose19
01-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone, I just purchased a King Hauler last spring and found it to be the best building experience I ever had!!! I even managed to get a picture of it in the readers rides section of the November Radio Control Car Action magazine if you happen to have a copy of it laying around take a look. I have been browsing the forum here for a few days now and can't believe how many talented custom builders there are. I can't wait to get to know some of the people here.

Nice to see some locals on here! lol i live about half an hour from jerseyville, drive through all the time when im heading to cambridge!

welcome! dirdydogrc and I are just down the road in brantford, we should meet up sometime to drive the trucks together. were going in the burlington santa clause parade on dec 4th as well, your welcome to join!

i have family in brantford and am actually heading there this afternoon! where do you guys meet up? i'll have to get a move on with my KH and meet up somewhere!!

REV73
01-01-2012, 12:53 PM
how's it going goose! welcome to the forum, civic 83 and I might get together to drive the trucks sometime, if you're interested it would be a good time for sure!!

REV73
01-01-2012, 01:12 PM
are you guys talking about burlington ontario canada
yes 1985 kenworth, we are talking about burlington ontario, but we live a bit west of there between the Ancaster and Brantford area. are you close by as well??

1985 kenworth
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
i live in brampton but i have no issue with a drive somewhere it would take me maybe 30-40 mins from my house to cambridge depending on 401 traffic and yea i would definetely like to get together sometime and run our trucks

1985 kenworth
01-01-2012, 02:54 PM
hey goose any good hobby stores in cambridge

Goose19
01-01-2012, 10:23 PM
hey goose any good hobby stores in cambridge

not that i know of in cambridge.

i deal with Paris Junction hobbies in Paris, which is on the north west side of brantford. Also with Ferraro Speedworld in hamilton. both places are more of an order in from tower hobbies or horizon tho......