PDA

View Full Version : servo problems!!

Brian in PA
12-18-2011, 10:17 PM
So, I need to put a stronger servo in my triaxle for the steering. I have the stock airtrionics servo in there. Now I have some traxxas 2075 digital servos in another truck. These servos work perfect in it, with a spectrum radio. So, I put a 2075 in the triaxle (after spending 1 hour to tear it a part and replace it) I try it out and nothing happens!:mad::mad: I try another servo in my MFU and it works good. I try a different 2075 and it doesn't work either? I try in with the old truck and it works fine. Back to my tri axle and nothing! I am running a RDS 8000 and MFU in my tri axle. WTF am I doing wrong?

thanks!

Brian

ihbuilder
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Brian , Hitech 645MG ;) It steers my big mack with 50+#'s on it

edit : sorry missed the MFU part

Brian in PA
12-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks Steve. But when I say nothing is working, absolutely nothing is happening. Its like the servo isn't plugged in.

Brian

ihbuilder
12-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks Steve. But when I say nothing is working, absolutely nothing is happening. Its like the servo isn't plugged in.

Brian

I'm sorry I don't know squat on these mfu's :o I missed that part :o time to get some sleep :eek:

Espeefan
12-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Brian, since the Traxxas servos have a plug that matches Futaba's style, I assume you shaved off the flange or leg that was on the Traxxas connector, so it would fit into your Airtronics receiver? Is it possible you plugged the servo in backwards, into the receiver? Nothing happens when you do that because the power wire is on the wrong pin, and the servo is basically dead. Maybe that's not the case here, but sometimes you have to consider the simplest things.

Kind of curious what your other truck is running for radio gear? The same kind of receiver? If the Traxxas servos work in that one, then nothing is wrong with the servos. About the only thing you could do, to make it not work, is flip the servo plug around by accident. But if you plugged it in the right way on one truck, I'm sure you're plugging it in the correct way on your tri-axle too.

Brian in PA
12-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks Nathan. I tried every way of plugging the servo in to the MFU and then into the receiver direct. I went out and bought another servo Hitec 645 to be exact it works great and my truck is back in one piece. I still have no idea why this servo wont work in this receiver.

Brian

pumptech
12-20-2011, 06:34 AM
I have a Tactic 4 channel transmitter/receiver ,something happened to channel two on mine,other channels work,have tried different servo's on channel two ,is it possible for a channel to just burn up? Could be the recevier.:confused: