PDA

View Full Version : What is with my Tamiya fuel tanks???????

Bill 832
12-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Building my first semi, a Knight Hauler, and have built many Tamiya vehicles in the past, and never had an issue.......BUT I put my fuel tanks on, and noticed that a slight bit of stress was on the mounts for the tank based on where the holes were drilled and threaded. Of course about two hours later all the mounts are cracked all to $%^&!!!!!! What are my options now? I loved this truck until about 20 minutes ago!

glorydays24
12-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Building my first semi, a Knight Hauler, and have built many Tamiya vehicles in the past, and never had an issue.......BUT I put my fuel tanks on, and noticed that a slight bit of stress was on the mounts for the tank based on where the holes were drilled and threaded. Of course about two hours later all the mounts are cracked all to $%^&!!!!!! What are my options now? I loved this truck until about 20 minutes ago!

Sorry about the tanks...I've built a few knight's and never had an issue.
And i've never heard of anybody else having this problem.
As far as options, you could have one of our fine vendors make a set of tanks for you. The only thing you would have to do is put the battery pack inside the truck itself.
Hope this helps, and good luck to you.

Big John

rcman
12-26-2011, 07:38 AM
tamiya is very good about customer service. i think you have to mail them a zerox of the front page of the instruction sheet and the part numbers that are damaged and they will send out new ones.

fhhhstix
12-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Post some pics so we can see what is going on. I have built many semi kits and have never had an issue like you are describing.

Travis

Bill 832
12-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Thank you guys for replying to me. As I thought about it, I was thinking that I may have tightened them too tightly on the frame, but I wasn't sure. Hearing that others have built numerous ones, and never had a problem, I am gonna give Tamiya a mulligan on this one, and say that I might have put them on too tight. I will try the Tamiya tanks once more, but I have been liiking at the ones on here for months, and am very tempted. Thanks again fellas, this site is the best because of you guys!

smart racer
12-26-2011, 08:50 PM
screwing to tight will crack the material

Bill 832
12-26-2011, 10:33 PM
and you know I never had a problem with that before in all the tamiya kits I have built....I guess that is the downside of a part metal, part plastic truck is that it you gotta tighten the metal or it comes apart, but you can't tighten the plastic, or it will crack. Oh well, at least it wasn't an EXPENSIVE mistake. I can tolerate a 20 dollar lesson every now and again.

janderson
09-21-2012, 06:50 PM
We have had no issues with tanks on the Semi's. As suggested if you are in the USA you can call us @ 800-Tamiya-A to request warranty replacement.