PDA

View Full Version : Import taxes!

Snowman
01-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Well, I've just been charged $124 by UK customs for Steve's wheels. What a kick in the teeth!! I don't know how they arrived at that figure it's almost 50%!! Outrageous!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad:

ihbuilder
01-07-2012, 01:34 PM
:eek::mad:HOLY F'N S^*# Nick . That F'n sucks . You guys are getting ripped a new 1 over there :eek::mad:

Brian in PA
01-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Nick that is highway robbery! Why so much?

Snowman
01-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah Steve, it was a real kick in the teeth.
Brian, I have no idea why so much, but I intend to find out just as soon as they release the parcel with the customs documents. They obviously had no idea what the wheels were and decided to slap a nice fat tax rate on them.
Maybe I should nickname my truck project peter$$$$$HOW MUCH?????!!! :eek:

ihbuilder
01-07-2012, 02:08 PM
nick reading the UK import laws It looks like the insurance was the issue . even if I where to send as a gift and put the insurance on you would've paid the same :eek::mad: thats how I under stand it . Seems if you want to protect your investment the good ol gov wants a good cut of it :confused: doesn't supprise me the govs are brooke looking for all the cash they can grab :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Snowman
01-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Oh well, we live and learn. Don't insure and then hope your parcel doesn't get lost and arrives undamaged! What a crazy mixed up world!