PDA

View Full Version : GPM - Aeromax bumpers

Izzy
02-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Long story short - they are well machined but they are poorly formed and the shipping packaging is really sub par.

The corner curvature is not balanced from one side to another and is way too tight of a radius as compared to the aeromax can.

They ship in a bubble wrap plastic envelope - I ordered 2 and one was severely bent. Since it ships from Jong kong via air I would at least expected it in a box.

They plainly say up front ' no returns no cash back no warranty' - I was dumb enough to buy anyway.

I do not encourage anyone to buy one. If you do expect to reshape them

Izzy

glorydays24
02-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Sorry about your luck:( But it's just we take people at our own risk, lord knows i've been burned in the past. But we live, and learn.:rolleyes:
And you would think a company would garentee thier products and service.:mad:

Big John

rcman
02-05-2012, 06:28 AM
sorry to hear you got burned but thanks for the heads up. i have wanted to order one of those maybe ill pass now

Stepside
02-05-2012, 06:44 PM
tks for taking time to post this... you'd think for the cost, you'd get a top quality part...

elephants14
02-05-2012, 08:35 PM
I've been wondering about these aswell. I broke my bumper on the seat belt in my Truck, So i've been looking for a replacement ever sence.. Now one less option out there.. :D

Thanks
Cody

Izzy
02-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Sorry to disuade you guys - but just not real happy with them....

The truck I put this on was for Al down in Memphis - his opinion was that 'it wasn't that bad' those that bad.

I would hope that they do better packaging.

By the way ordered it through Asia Tees - maybe they are a distribution house...... not too sure.

Ive seen others with the cross members, tank supports etc. - maybe since these are more durable they will ship good as aposed to the bubmper.

eurocharged
02-08-2012, 10:56 PM
i was just looking at their site.. looks interesting.

is the fit and finish of their other parts just as poor ? has anyone else ordered anything else from these guys ?

Izzy
02-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I just couldn't resist some of the other AsiaTees products (GPM) so I ordered a selection of parts
- tank supports
- trailing arms
- front bumper mount
- cattle bumper
- frame cross supports
- axel housing (trailer)

The shipping was a bit high IMO but the packaging was outstanding this time around - nice hefty box but too big - just right size. Teh delay in shipping had me concerned (2-3wks) but I guess it was on a slow boat, and customs could be troubsome (I guess)?

Once I have tried one of the parts out (might be a long wait - no specific project in mind) I will pull this thread back up and post a message......

Chris

scalelover
02-28-2012, 08:39 PM
What's the website for their product I'd like to take a look at some and see some pics..

--Dan