PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me!

rc_farmer
02-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I have an issue with not being able to talk to a live person at times and having to do business strickly by email. This particular RC company has good RC parts but no phone support. Email answers are slow when I need spec's on their parts for a timely order. They were supposed to get phone supprt last year in the spring.....

Email out-of-office reply...I am in Germany at a toy fair, I will check my emails and get back with you asap.

Email reply "we are a small company and can't afford phone support"

If I am missing something here fellows, please let me know and moderator feel free to delete this post.:rolleyes:

fhhhstix
02-05-2012, 08:41 PM
No you are right Rob RC4WD is the same way no phone only email. This gives them the upper hand as they can read the email as they want to interpret it and not what you would say or explain in a phone call. With a phone they would actually have to answer it and respond right then but with email they can read it and have time to come up with what they want to tell you. The biggest problem I had with the emails is not one person has access to read and respond to them and my last order I ended up dealing with 3 different people. The last guy who responded chimed in after it was all over.

Travis

rc_farmer
02-05-2012, 08:58 PM
You know exactly WHO i am talking about. It p!$$es me off to deal with them.

fhhhstix
02-05-2012, 09:07 PM
You know exactly WHO i am talking about. It p!$$es me off to deal with them.

I kinda figured since that is the same complaint everybody has about them. They are and have made some great products but their customer service could use some personalization.

Travis

Panther F
02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
I have a few people I know that do that also, only responding to certain emails and PM's that suit them. I guess the day of REAL communications has vanished.

Get enough people together and tell them they could go somewhere else with their money. I think if enough do that they might get wise? :rolleyes: I don't know, just thinking out loud. :(

~ Jeff

MoRockN
02-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I have an issue with not being able to talk to a live person at times and having to do business strickly by email. This particular RC company has good RC parts but no phone support. Email answers are slow when I need spec's on their parts for a timely order. They were supposed to get phone supprt last year in the spring.....

Email out-of-office reply...I am in Germany at a toy fair, I will check my emails and get back with you asap.

Email reply "we are a small company and can't afford phone support"

If I am missing something here fellows, please let me know and moderator feel free to delete this post.:rolleyes:
+++++ 1000000000,000000. You are spot on, I get an email saying my forklift is in stock and had to be paid for, I send the payment 5 min later, all smooth right...NO, 10 days later nothing shows up, I sent an email asking about my shipment and got (no joke) " We are Kinda busy, We'll send it as soon as we get to it...." Are you F$*#!{g kidding me??????? but yet I find my self stupid enough to still order from them, UNTIL, I found another supplier, I swear by that place now, super nice people, on the phone when you need them and I say from now on, No phone#, No deal.....

smart racer
02-09-2012, 06:46 PM
who is the other vendor/supplier?

fhhhstix
02-09-2012, 07:55 PM
who is the other vendor/supplier?

The administration has asked that the supplier not be mentioned on the forum but you can send MoRockN a PM for the information.:cool:

Travis

smart racer
02-09-2012, 08:25 PM
ok dough k

smart racer
02-09-2012, 08:36 PM
+++++ 1000000000,000000. You are spot on, I get an email saying my forklift is in stock and had to be paid for, I send the payment 5 min later, all smooth right...NO, 10 days later nothing shows up, I sent an email asking about my shipment and got (no joke) " We are Kinda busy, We'll send it as soon as we get to it...." Are you F$*#!{g kidding me??????? but yet I find my self stupid enough to still order from them, UNTIL, I found another supplier, I swear by that place now, super nice people, on the phone when you need them and I say from now on, No phone#, No deal.....

pm sent

MoRockN
02-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Responded.

smart racer
02-09-2012, 09:54 PM
thank you

scalelover
02-10-2012, 12:12 AM
There are plenty of advantages to email from snail mail, but nothing will ever be able to replace direct human contact,even if its just talking. Not only does it piss me off when they dont have a number but I get really &^%$ing annoyed when they do have one but not a human to speak with. press 1 for blah blah, 2 for blah blah blah, 3 for blah bleep boo bop, and so on. Then finally after 16 different extensions or departments (because pushing 0 does not even get an operator anymore)
you finally get a person who then has to transfer you because they are not the correct department you need to speak with then, click your disconnected...........SCREAMING every profanity known and some even unknown.......

--Dan

justinart24
02-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I am just glad we have RC companies and vendors allowing us to buy their parts. If they don't get back to me in the same day or don't have a phone number to call...so be it...adding another head to any small operation will just make me pay more in my next order.

Lil Giants
02-10-2012, 01:37 PM
I am just glad we have RC companies and vendors allowing us to buy their parts. If they don't get back to me in the same day or don't have a phone number to call...so be it...adding another head to any small operation will just make me pay more in my next order.

10-4!

When I started out in this heavy commercial hobby middle 90's, there was nothing on this continent related to this hobby... didn't even have internet to source parts from... then in the early 00's, even with internet, 99% of the 12v goodies were in europe & if you didn't have a buddy over there to deal with vendors for you, you were still SOL b/c many companies didn't ship outside the european union!

fhhhstix
02-10-2012, 06:00 PM
10-4!

When I started out in this heavy commercial hobby middle 90's, there was nothing on this continent related to this hobby... didn't even have internet to source parts from... then in the early 00's, even with internet, 99% of the 12v goodies were in europe & if you didn't have a buddy over there to deal with vendors for you, you were still SOL b/c many companies didn't ship outside the european union!

I understand what your saying but the company we are talking about has some problems. I went through a three week ordeal over a missing item in an order. Basically what we are saying is if they had a phone and answered it unlike emails it would have taken less than 10 min to resolve the problem instead of 3 weeks.:cool:

Travis

smart racer
02-11-2012, 06:54 PM
I agree that a listed phone # is a nice option when dealing with a online vendor if there is a question/problem for customer service....but I guess some vendors feel it is not a determinant to there business

Espeefan
02-12-2012, 03:54 AM
There is probably a good reason that they don't offer telephone support. They are just to under staffed to keep up with the calls.