PDA

View Full Version : What lights are lit for Parking lights?

CorbettTrailers
02-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Hey everyone. I've been trying to hook up LED's on my own. Now I'm moving on to the regular parking lights in the rear of the truck and trailers and I don't remember which ones should be lit. Can any one tell me how they have theirs set up or what is right?
Thanks, John Corbett.

Brian in PA
02-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Basically John, every light on a truck should be on except for headlights, unless there are amber turn signals viewed from the rear. Then they are only for turn signals. Lights that are red that are used for brake lights and turn signals should also has a parking light circuit.

CorbettTrailers
02-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Ok, Thank you. Now I can get busy this weekend finishing my LED's. I'm going to try to set it up so a servo turns the head lights on and off seperately. I think it was the gentleman from Canada that had his turn signals that activated from mini servos.

doodlebug
02-16-2012, 08:51 PM
The clearance light's on top of the cab are usually on a sepate switch too!
Cheer's, Neil.

Espeefan
02-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Kind of a stupid question, but why would you want the cab clearance lights on a separate switch? I've heard stories of truck drivers running out west, late in the night, breaking the speed limit, with all their lights turned off, except for the headlights. I knew an ex-mechanic who said he had an owner operator ask him to wire his lights up like that. Everything else was dark. Just enough to see the road. Nothing more.

JAMMER
02-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Speaking about lights here is a tip for you. If you are running in fog at night and there is a full moon out turn out your head lights and leave all your marker lights on and you be surprised how good you can see. Ed

doodlebug
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Hey Nathan, that's the way Mack wire's them up.
Cheer's, Neil.