PDA

View Full Version : Another Tigercat...

RCP57
02-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I've been somewhat reluctant to post this build because it has already been done by others(greatly I might add) and I kinda feel like I'm being a copy cat but I like the machine so here it goes... 1/10th again... Tigercat 630D...

Two brand new griders were destroyed for this build...RIP:D

RCP57
02-22-2012, 09:24 PM
rims...

ihbuilder
02-22-2012, 09:26 PM
thats 1 way to get 2 matching sets :D looks great so far I cant wait to get a tig :(

RCP57
02-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Please ignor the rubber bands... I ordered a rotary table and chuck today to drill the bolt patterns in the axles and wheels/hubs.

Construction
02-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Im liking the rims and tires.

How did you break your griders? :(

Can't wait to see the finished product! :D

RCP57
02-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Here's a few pics of the sheetmetal and boom. I'm having trouble with my eyes and I'm unable to weld so it's p!ss!n me off!

Thanks for lookin! Reg

RCLogger
02-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Reg you are a building machine, looking forward to another great build... What tires are you using, I like them. What size are they.

greg

RCP57
02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Reg you are a building machine, looking forward to another great build... What tires are you using, I like them. What size are they.

greg

HAHA Thanks Greg! I'm a little PO'd that I can't weld because I had hoped to finish this very quickly but time will tell. The tires are from some sort of Newbright monster truck and are about 7.75"x4"... perfect height but a little wide for my scale. I was looking for Juggernaught tires to build a skidder in 1/14 but a friend at the local hobby shop came up with these for $20. I like the look of them too, and they allow me to build in 1/10 to match my other stuff. I want to get this done because I want to pull off one more two part build after this before July.

Thanks for lookin!

Vanisle
02-23-2012, 02:32 AM
Wow, you don't rest much. I think Tigertcat skidders look great. Looking forward to seeing them done ... in March.

fhhhstix
02-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Im liking the rims and tires.

How did you break your griders? :(

Can't wait to see the finished product! :D

He tore the grinders apart to get the gear sets out of them.:D

Travis

RCP57
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
He tore the grinders apart to get the gear sets out of them.:D

Travis

Sure did:D! Cheapest way I could see to get two heavy duty ring and pinion sets... I even smashed apart the motors and used the shafts(modified of course) and bearings. Later I'll cut them to length and connect them to the rest of the driveline. I'm headed out to the shop soon to bash some more tin.:D

Snochaser
02-23-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm anxious to see your progress I'm sure you will do a fantastic job!!!

Ben

RCP57
02-23-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm anxious to see your progress I'm sure you will do a fantastic job!!!

Ben

If I can get close to the quality of your Cat I will be very happy Ben.

I didn't really get much done tonight... lame. Too much time looking at pictures and not enough time turning the images into real life, or scale life:confused:.LOL

Snochaser
02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Well Thanks. I've seen your work and I'm sure you will do just as well if not better than my stab at it. The tires look much better than the ones I used for sure. When you say mills, does that mean pepper mill/ grinder?

Ben

RCP57
02-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Here's the grinders I used... Under $20 each at princess auto. They had some for less online but they were out of stock at the store nearby. As most of you have probably figured out I'm impatient and wanted them that day.

I haven't decided how to power it yet, all I know is that it will take a lot to spin 4tires this size!

modelman
02-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Looks like you are well on your way to another great build. Nice work!!

Iron Art
02-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Rcp57. Hot Dog!! A Tigercat skidder,They are great machine and it will be neat to see it powered up and moving a turn or two of logs. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the finished model. Fred

RCP57
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Rcp57. Hot Dog!! A Tigercat skidder,They are great machine and it will be neat to see it powered up and moving a turn or two of logs. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the finished model. Fred

Thanks Fred, I haven't been able to find as many specs on the D models as I would like but I think I can fudge the rest. Did you find much info when you built yours? I even emailed Tigercat but got no response... maybe that was a good thing? There is a 630B working behind my house right now and I went and took measurements of the cab, ect last weekend but the rest of the machine is entirely different so it wasn't much help. I can't find a picture or drawing that I can scale to get the correct width of the hood/radiator so I think I'll just make an educated guess.

thanks again for lookin guys!

steamer
02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Reg. looking real good. Just sent a couple of emails for the 630D. The 635D is a real monster, with the tandem axles. Are you setting up a logging show on the coast.
Rob

Iron Art
02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
RCP 57, I used the Tigercat web site for most of the specs. I had the same results as you trying to deal with them directly but after the fact they were a cut above using the completed model in their company magazine. They are good people and most likly quite busy. Your best shot at getting it right is the 1to1 behind your house. You no doubt looked at the Tigercat website but I will enclose the link. Fred
http://www.tigercat.com/images/stories/model_docs/skidders/620d630d635d-specPRINT.pdf

RCP57
02-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys, I've spent more time than I'd like to admit google searching pictures... some of them were even for the 630D;). I found a few pics, two brochures and a couple videos of the D models so I think I can make it reasonable but I would just like more. You can never have enough info!

I'm glad to hear that the people from Tigercat are OK with this stuff. I thought they would be better than Cat because they actually have a downloadable link for the correct Tigercat logo's and colors on their site. I think Cat has all of their stuff "protected" don't they? Don't you automaticly go to jail if you build a Cat model? Oh Sh!t... here come the cops...

Reg

modelman
02-25-2012, 05:35 PM
RCP57-yes,CAT has their stuff protected. At first they flat refused to let me use the decals on my truck but I E-mailed them a second time and told them what I was doing and sent a couple of pictures of my truck. They said since I was not selling the model they could not legally give me permission to use the decals but I could put them on for my own use. Legal mumbo-jumbo:D

RCP57
02-25-2012, 06:22 PM
RCP57-yes,CAT has their stuff protected. At first they flat refused to let me use the decals on my truck but I E-mailed them a second time and told them what I was doing and sent a couple of pictures of my truck. They said since I was not selling the model they could not legally give me permission to use the decals but I could put them on for my own use. Legal mumbo-jumbo:D

I remeber reading about that, I think its kind of silly because it's free advertisement for the manufacture.

I made some progress today on the sheet metal...

RCP57
02-25-2012, 06:24 PM
a few more...

RCP57
02-27-2012, 03:38 PM
I tried making the hood wider than it should be to gain some space inside(last post) but it just didn't look right(it wasn't) so I narrowed it to the correct proportion. I did a little more machining for the axles too but I'm still waiting for my rotary table and chuck to come in so they just fall apart everytime I move them:mad:. It's slowly moving forward though I guess.

Vanisle
02-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I tried making the hood wider than it should be to gain some space inside(last post) but it just didn't look right(it wasn't) so I narrowed it to the correct proportion. I did a little more machining for the axles too but I'm still waiting for my rotary table and chuck to come in so they just fall apart everytime I move them:mad:. It's slowly moving forward though I guess.

Looks great. If you have to wait too long you could bring your parts here and use my mill with rotary table or DRO with Bolt Hole Circle function.

RCP57
02-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Looks great. If you have to wait too long you could bring your parts here and use my mill with rotary table or DRO with Bolt Hole Circle function.

Thanks Richard, The stuff that I ordered should be here mid week but you never know I guess. If it doesn't show soon and we're both not working I may take you up on that. It would be good to visit anyway.

Reg

Snochaser
02-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Reg, you are doing awesome. You guys and and your abilities to work aluminum with mills, lathes, breaks and welding.:( I wish I had a few of the tools to make it happen.

It's going to be a beauty!!!:D

Ben

RCP57
02-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Reg, you are doing awesome. You guys and and your abilities to work aluminum with mills, lathes, breaks and welding.:( I wish I had a few of the tools to make it happen.

It's going to be a beauty!!!:D

Ben

Hey Ben, What drives your Cat? I haven't really decided if I will use one gear motor on each diff or just one for both. I wanted to use a 2 speed drill drive but I'm not sure that will leave enough space for all the other stuff.

Thanks Reg

Snochaser
02-28-2012, 08:36 AM
I use 4 gear motors. If you can figure out a way to use a central power train with axles or planetary hubs that would be much better. A few speeds may be good too. I have thought of changing motors to something a little quicker, it moves a little slow for me, but still has a ton of torque.

Ben

RCP57
02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
I use 4 gear motors. If you can figure out a way to use a central power train with axles or planetary hubs that would be much better. A few speeds may be good too. I have thought of changing motors to something a little quicker, it moves a little slow for me, but still has a ton of torque.

Ben

OK thanks, Do you know what rpm and torque the motors are? My axles are about 2.6:1 so I'm thinking That I would need a gear motor that turned around 100rpm but I'm not sure. My tires are so big that I'm concerned about having enough power. I have two drill drives to choose from but I know they will be too fast without a further reduction and that takes up even more space.

Reg

Vanisle
02-28-2012, 12:08 PM
You could use the MFAComo Drills 940D 100:1 gear motor, max torque 416 oz-in and as inexpensive as $32.31 USD (for 10 or more) at Technobotsonline in the UK:

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h404/vanisle11/GearMotors-1.jpg

The downside is if you choose Fedex (1-2 day shipping) like I did, they assess all sorts of stuff so I ended up paying about $150 for shipping/customs/brokerage fee and taxes. Best to choose airmail so customs clearance is done by the post office and you will save a fair bit.

Snochaser
02-28-2012, 01:05 PM
They are 12volt 20 rpm gear motors with 14.4 volts to them. I think 40 rpm motors would be good for my application. Your tires are a larger diameter so you'd get more speed but lose torque, correct. I can hold mine still and it keeps spinning, I'm afraid something else will break so I've never pushed them to stall. Mine weighs around 20 lbs.

Ben

RCP57
02-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys! I'm not sure what this will weigh when it is done but it's pretty big and the tires will have lots of bite so I want it to have lots of power! I also thought about using a power window motor as they seem to be between 80-120rpm depending on which one you get but they don't really fit well in this.

Richard, what are you doing with all those motors? ADT and Loader???? Soon I'm gonna make you promise to build something out of all this cool sh!t you keep buying.:p

Reg

chaseracer
02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
another great build Reg !!!! blows my mind how fast you guys build. and how great they look .... wow

Vanisle
02-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks guys! I'm not sure what this will weigh when it is done but it's pretty big and the tires will have lots of bite so I want it to have lots of power! I also thought about using a power window motor as they seem to be between 80-120rpm depending on which one you get but they don't really fit well in this.

Richard, what are you doing with all those motors? ADT and Loader???? Soon I'm gonna make you promise to build something out of all this cool sh!t you keep buying.:p

Reg

That's the plan (I bought 10 to get discount pricing toget 1 free but then really messed up on the shipping choice). Unfortunately for my construction projects, I think I just got a little sidetracked with some RC helis. So little time and so many fun things to work on.

RCP57
02-28-2012, 11:34 PM
another great build Reg !!!! blows my mind how fast you guys build. and how great they look .... wow

Thanks! I like to keep busy!lol If I'm not busy then I'm bored and when I'm bored I get grumpy, or so I'm told!HA! When we get together this summer there should be a lot of equipment to run! I just hope we can get some hydro's figured out soon. The pumps we have built now make 15-20 bar which I think should be fine for this but not the Volvo so:(...

Reg

RCLogger
03-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Looks great Reg
Your going to have to go into production, another good looking model

greg

Espeefan
03-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Another great build in the works! I like how you found your ring and pinion, for the axles, out of a grinder. I almost feel stupid now, because I was looking for something just like that, and spent hours online trying to find some miniature ring and pinion gears. I did find some, but they were still on the large side for what I needed. It never dawned on me to even consider some cheap grinders. Great idea! The axles look really nice too. This will be a really great looking machine when it's done. Looking forward to it's completion.

RCP57
03-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Another great build in the works! I like how you found your ring and pinion, for the axles, out of a grinder. I almost feel stupid now, because I was looking for something just like that, and spent hours online trying to find some miniature ring and pinion gears. I did find some, but they were still on the large side for what I needed. It never dawned on me to even consider some cheap grinders. Great idea! The axles look really nice too. This will be a really great looking machine when it's done. Looking forward to it's completion.

My Dad put me on to the grinder idea after I 'd built the diff for my Euc using a Diawa fishing reel gear set. He saw what I was doing and told me he had just thrown out a grinder that would have had gears about that size:(. I saved a wornout grinder myself last year but it was more expensive to buy another one like it than to buy two new ones at the time. The week after I ripped apart the Kawi grinders the kind that I already had one of came on sale for $20... story of my life!

I haven't done much this week because I've been working and I'm still having grief with my eyes but I did pick up my rotory table and chuck. Now that I have the cart I'll be saving for the horse! I started drilling some holes last night...

Reg

pumptech
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Great build you have going on,like your choice of gearmotors,wiil surely do the job. Look forward to seeing it running:)

RCP57
03-08-2012, 06:28 PM
I have a few days off now so I hope to get back in the swing of things a bit. I got to play with my rotary table again today and managed to drill and thread some holes.

Thanks for lookin!

Vanisle
03-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Wow, nice work. Who needs fancy wheel motors when you can do that.

edwalsh18
03-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Here's the grinders I used... Under $20 each at princess auto. They had some for less online but they were out of stock at the store nearby. As most of you have probably figured out I'm impatient and wanted them that day.

I haven't decided how to power it yet, all I know is that it will take a lot to spin 4tires this size!

i have a coupon to get these from harbor freight for $9.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-1-2-half-inch-angle-grinder-95578.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/160x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_12063.jpg

RCP57
04-16-2012, 06:43 PM
It's been over a month but I spent a little time welding on my skidder today. I have some time off coming up so I hope to have more time to devote to this.

Reg

chaseracer
04-16-2012, 07:28 PM
looking good Reg!!!!

RCP57
06-17-2012, 08:34 PM
I've had a hard time getting back into this build but the weather was gross today so I used it as an excuse to stay in the shop. I finally managed to mount both the axles and their drive motors today. I had been mentally struggling with how I was going to mount the rear for quite a long time so I'm glad to have it in there and done! Now I can go back to working on the sheetmetal which is what I find to be the most fun! Before I started this 630D I wanted to build a Clark 880 but the cost of RC4WD's Demolisher 40 series tires (the only tire that is close in scale)scared me off. Now that I see the size of this one standing on it's own the 880 would have been massive! I kind of wish I had built it:eek:.

Reg

doodlebug
06-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Look's Great Reg!
P.S. send the rain my way, it's alittle dry here!

Cheer's, Neil.

mack kid
06-17-2012, 10:06 PM
WOW. great work. tig welding alum is great. i tried that not to long ago messed it up:eek:. its lookin good.

Snochaser
06-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Nice job again Reg. Your skills are showing me up.

Ben

RCP57
06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys

Hey Neil, It quit raining here for two days did you get some? I hope so because it's on its way back here for the weekend.

Ben I don't think so...

TIG is fun:D, but for me it can be very upsetting too:mad:!

I'm still plugging away at this thing. I spent the last few days tinkering here and there on the back end making mounts for the arch and rams.

Reg

Snochaser
06-21-2012, 08:06 PM
I think so Reg! Stellar work.

doodlebug
06-22-2012, 12:02 AM
looking good Reg, drier than a (?????) here!

Cheer's, Neil.

RCP57
06-22-2012, 07:17 PM
looking good Reg, drier than a (?????) here!

Cheer's, Neil.

It's wizzin here again Neil!

Come on Ben you gotta give yourself more credit! At least your Cat works! This is far from finished and I'm already kinda wishin I'd started something else. The hydraulics are more complicated than I have patients for! 10 cylinders and 5 valves:eek:...help!

Reg

RCP57
06-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I started to make some pieces for the hydraulics but I really wasn't into it so I decided to finish the guarding in the arch today instead.

Ben, Did you use two cylinders in your grapple or just one? I took pictures of a 630B near my house months ago and it had one ram but I believe the 630D's have two. I'm not sure which way would be easier to make though as the second ram replaced a linkage that was in the older models.

Thanks Reg

Snochaser
06-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Dam Reg, that looks great!

I used two cylinders in the grapple, it was tighter than dicks hat band! Took along time (days) to get it just right, shims, spacers, washer, ect.

Ben

RCP57
06-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Dam Reg, that looks great!

I used two cylinders in the grapple, it was tighter than dicks hat band! Took along time (days) to get it just right, shims, spacers, washer, ect.

Ben

HAHAHA I bet! At least this one is in a bigger scale so there's some more room. This thing is becoming a pain in my ___! I like the metal work but I started to make cylinders yesterday and it just seemed soooo boring! I appreciate my father inlaws help on the volvo even more now! I'm horrible at making anything more than once let alone 10 times.lol

Thanks for the info and the compliment!

Reg

doodlebug
06-24-2012, 11:37 PM
LoL! No rain yet, 2 brush fire's burning this weekend. Can cut the air with a knife!
Spent Sat. on a Rummley 30-60 Oilpull, yes it was hot! Sorry, no picture's.
Look's like fun to build grill's and hydraulic cylinder's. Keep it up, looking forward to more update's!

Cheer's, Neil.

mog
07-07-2012, 11:31 AM
nice combo arch what are you going to use for your winch. i have to give you a big high 5 for all your tig work i know it's not eazy what kind of AL are you working with 3003for the sheet or 6061.

RCP57
07-10-2012, 01:19 PM
nice combo arch what are you going to use for your winch. i have to give you a big high 5 for all your tig work i know it's not eazy what kind of AL are you working with 3003for the sheet or 6061.

I'm not sure what I will make for a winch yet. I haven't really decided whether it will even function or not. I get the AL material from a local sporty boat builders scrap bin so I'm actually not sure of the grade. I do know that it is not 6061 though because it bends easily. TIG welding it can be a pain for sure, especially if the parts don't fit perfectly or their of different thicknesses. I've learned a lot over the last year and a half through trial and lots of error so it is getting a little easier but I have a lot more to learn(always will too)! I'm waiting on a price for a CNC kit for my BF30, if I can get that and learn how to use it the parts will fit better and be easier to blob together!:D

Reg

mog
07-14-2012, 09:40 AM
funny you should say that you are converting your bf30. that what i am doing right now too well my is a g0704 so just a littler smaller head.
you check got g0704.com hoss has every thing you need to know and then some. one tip i will give you don't buy chinese driver bords i know there only 50.00 but there not woth 1/2 that. i figger it would be cheaper to convert than to buy a DRO. not shere if i when down the right road yet lol but bean lost of fun. good luck

RCP57
07-15-2012, 01:21 PM
That should turn out well! I've been waiting to get a quote on an optimum cnc kit from one of the canadian dealers. I'll see how crazy the price is and decide whether or not I save up and order it or just slowly piece one together. I like the idea of everything being matched and proven in the kit but I think that it will cost nearly twice as much so we'll see.

Reg

RCP57
07-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Well I finally found some inspiration and started working on this again. I was really struggling with how to steer it but I figured out an easy way so here it goes! http://youtu.be/rAHZnO534VU http://youtu.be/TpoiG-i_IuY http://youtu.be/v73wry7NRf8 http://youtu.be/S9Er-TYFkM4

Thanks for looking

Reg

carp
07-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Didnt realise how big it was until i saw it pulling the fence post, that looks really good, it should pull even easier once you have the front end in the grab.

dabears
07-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Looks great!

RCP57
07-25-2012, 09:03 PM
I've been workin on the hydraulic rams a little the last couple days but it's a slow process. I ordered fittings and quad rings the other day too and the shop phoned a while ago and said they were in so I guess I will pick them up tomorrow.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

RCP57
08-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I was able to play a little on the mill this morning:D. I really haven't used it much yet so I figured the radiator grill on the skidder was a good project. For a while it looked like I was building an aluminum light switch cover:confused:... but I think it turned out OK... I really wish I could afford to do a CNC conversion! I've done a couple other minor things to it as well but nothing major so there's still a long ways to go.

Thanks for lookin!

Reg

Snochaser
08-12-2012, 02:34 PM
C'mon Reg. Windows, paint, sound and woodchips....... faster. Man it looks great!!

RCP57
08-30-2012, 12:32 AM
C'mon Reg. Windows, paint, sound and woodchips....... faster. Man it looks great!!

Well there isn't any of this yet but I did put a few hours into this today:D. I've put the rush on myself to get as much done as I can by Friday night.:confused::confused::confused:

Anyway here is a small update....

This thing is a beast! It's lookin HUGE:eek:

doodlebug
08-30-2012, 09:49 PM
:D:D:D:D LOOK'S GREAT!:cool::cool::cool:

Cheer's, Neil.

RCP57
08-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Still no wood chips or windows but about 12 hours in the last 2 days got me a blade...:cool:

I used the coke can for a size comparison:eek:! Me likey!

Thanks for looking! Starting on the grapple tomorrow...

Reg

D8R
08-31-2012, 08:50 AM
Looking good, looks powerful with those tires. Will you have servo moving the blade or hydraulic?
Maybee a coke can, can be our size comparisson between models, used that also after question about size.

Dan

Snochaser
08-31-2012, 09:31 AM
You've got it going on. Looks better and better every time Reg. Just keep moving forward.

Ben

RCP57
08-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks guys:). I think I am going to use a servo to run the blade but it will be a 360 degree with a screw drive hidden in the front under the hood ahead of the axle. If that doesn't work out to have enough speed or power I will build hydraulic rams for it. I'm hoping to only use hydraulics for the grapple though if I can get away with it. I'm going to start on the grapple today but even without it this thing is getting BIG!

Thanks for looking, Reg

carp
08-31-2012, 04:07 PM
nice reg, your metal work on the blade looks amazing, i just re-read the thread and saw your tires are nearly 8inches tall but watching the vid it steers so easily, do you have any pics of your steering setup?

CrewCab59
08-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Love the Aluminum work ,not always the easiest to work with and Tig welding isn't any better. Looks very good and would be very proud to own it!

RCP57
08-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks! I'll take a picture of the steering set up soon to show you what I did. It's pretty simple really.

I got a little work done on the grapple but had to stop working on it so that I could load all my stuff into the car for the show in Port Alberni tomorrow!

Thanks for lookin!

Espeefan
09-08-2012, 01:37 AM
I love this build. It's a huge model, and looks so good. I can't believe how nice it is turning out. But then again, maybe I can. All your other projects are simply awesome too. It's no wonder. Really great work on this Tigercat. I can't wait to see it finished.

RCP57
09-21-2012, 11:19 PM
I love this build. It's a huge model, and looks so good. I can't believe how nice it is turning out. But then again, maybe I can. All your other projects are simply awesome too. It's no wonder. Really great work on this Tigercat. I can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks for the kind words... I can't wait to see it finished either! HAHA!

I haven't had any time to work on it lately as I have another model in the works but soon I hope!

Reg

chaseracer
09-24-2012, 08:55 PM
looking great Reg.. awesome work again

RCP57
10-23-2012, 08:04 PM
I haven't worked on this for quite some time because of a busy schedule at home and a little vacation/hunting/fishing trip but I'm motivated and ready to go again! This thing will be finished before christmas! I hope....

doodlebug
10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Nice progress! keep it up:D:D:D

Cheer's, Neil.

RCP57
10-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks Neil!

....After a whole day in the shop making chips:confused:....I have an attached swiveling grapple:D...and a couple broken cutters:(

steamer
10-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Looking real good there Reg. Next thing will be a couple of 1/14 scale chain saws for the fallers. Got to keep those guys busy somehow!!!
Rob

Espeefan
10-25-2012, 12:11 PM
This thing is a monster! And a beautiful monster at that. Sitting on the tailgate of a truck, really puts it into perspective. Your machining work looks excellent! Are you using CNC, or just a manual mill, with a turntable? It looks like you've got a indexing table clamped to the mill.

RCP57
10-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks guys!

It's just a manual BF30 with a rotary table. It took me almost 8 hours to machine that little bit of stuff but thats OK. This was really the most I've used the mill since buying it in May so it was nice to get something back for the investment....

I was recently on vacation and finally got to see one of these in person so now I have a pile of pictures and a whole lot of work to do!

Snochaser
10-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Looking really good Reg. Thanks for the update.

Ben

mog
10-27-2012, 10:28 AM
love the grapple now i going to have to go back to the shop and remake my grapple for my skidder, that's on the back brunner now i see how the pros make one.

RCP57
10-30-2012, 07:43 PM
love the grapple now i going to have to go back to the shop and remake my grapple for my skidder, that's on the back brunner now i see how the pros make one.

HAHA... 'pro'... Yeah right! Hardly, but thanks!

RCP57
11-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Finally finished the cab mounts and steps. The cab and hood hinge kinda like the cab would on the real machine. This should make battery changes and maintanence easier...I hope.

Thanks for looking!

steamer
11-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Reg, looking better and better with every post. I like the way the cab swings over, that will certainly make for easier battery changes and working on the pump. Spied something I never saw before, the gear motor for your steering control. Can you explain this a little bit for us. Who's motor and RPM.
Thanks Rob

RCP57
11-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Reg, looking better and better with every post. I like the way the cab swings over, that will certainly make for easier battery changes and working on the pump. Spied something I never saw before, the gear motor for your steering control. Can you explain this a little bit for us. Who's motor and RPM.
Thanks Rob

Thanks Rob, The motor is from the robot shop. 17rpm 277oz/in(same motor I used in my track machines) It works well you just have to pay attention when you're driving so that you don't toast the motor when its hard over. I don't really mind that it doesn't self center like a servo would but I could see how this setup may not be great on a "loaner" if the person at the controls wasn't savy. I recently purchased some giant scale servos from our friend in Mill Bay and I was thinking of installing one of them in here but it works the way it is and I may have another use for them soon so I think that I'll just leave it.

Reg

RCP57
11-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Minor update...

Thanks for looking!

RCP57
11-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Last night I bent up all the grab rails and welded them on to the cab. Today I made and installed the fuel tank which will actually be the hydraulic tank on the model. I also made some other detail stuff and welded or bolted it on. I finally feel like I am gaining ground on this one:D:D:D! There is a few things left to do before paint though. I will be starting on the hydraulic valves within the next couple weeks so that is when the real swearing and cursing will begin:mad:!

As always, Thanks for looking!

Reg

Lil Giants
11-11-2012, 08:54 PM
It's all taking shape quite nicely Greg! :cool:

RCLogger
11-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Good work Reg

The monster is looking real good, you will be able to move alot of wood with that machine..

Greg

RCP57
11-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Good work Reg

The monster is looking real good, you will be able to move alot of wood with that machine..

Greg

Thanks Greg. I know a couple guys that are pretty good at loading logs ;) so this skidder has to get a lot of wood to the landing fast!

RCP57
11-16-2012, 08:48 PM
I spent most of yesterday watching paint dry....:D:D:D:D

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1582.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1583.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1584.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1587.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1588.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1589.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1590.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1591.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1592.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1593.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1594.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1595.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1596.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Reg

RCP57
11-16-2012, 08:52 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1584.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1587.jpg

RCP57
11-16-2012, 08:53 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1588.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1589.jpg

RCP57
11-16-2012, 08:54 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1590.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1591.jpg

RCP57
11-16-2012, 08:55 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1592.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1593.jpg

RCP57
11-16-2012, 08:56 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1594.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1595.jpg

doodlebug
11-16-2012, 10:12 PM
OOOH, SHINEY:D:D:D looking good!

Cheer's, Neil.

RCP57
11-18-2012, 08:14 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1601.jpg

RCP57
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1602.jpg

RCP57
11-18-2012, 08:17 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1603.jpg

RCP57
11-18-2012, 08:18 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1604.jpg

RCP57
11-18-2012, 08:21 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1612.jpg

RCP57
11-18-2012, 08:23 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1610.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

doodlebug
11-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Lookin good Reg:D:D:D
Cheer's, Neil.

Lil Giants
11-19-2012, 07:36 AM
A fine job on the pics, & the skidder looks pretty good too Reg! :D

When adding multiple pic links in the same reply window, just click Enter after each posted link so the links appear one below the other. I fixed your previous posts. It's great to see your work so clearly now! :cool:

Snochaser
11-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Great job Reg. It's amazing how paint really brings the models to life. Can't wait to see the BC Logging Co. getting some timber moved as a crew.

Ben

RCP57
11-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks guys! I still have a lot to do but I am happy with the results so far. I hope to have the last few details done this week and then I will start on the hydraulics.

Thanks for fixing my previous posts Joe. I'll get this right one day:confused:...

Reg

Acadieman
11-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Well done!

I like forestry machines, used to work for a Rottne, Logmax, MHT and Ecolog distributor until the company went belly up.

We'd get the occational Tigercat, they were definetly stout machines.

RCP57
11-19-2012, 09:26 PM
A short video in the house...http://youtu.be/cWKd_kjMQ4E

Snochaser
11-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Love it! Makes me think back to when I was recoding some of my 1st videos of my 535C. :)

Ben

tracksntreadslou
11-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Looking very scale there Reg ..Much better in person though ...Thanks For the good bull and showing me all your toys

RCP57
11-25-2012, 07:12 PM
No problem Lou! It was nice to have you over for the afternoon. We'll have to get together again soon. Maybe if the weather is decent next time we could do some digging...or logging!
I've got some work done on the hydraulic valve for this so I hope it works!

Reg

RCLogger
12-02-2012, 07:20 AM
That is a mean lookin machine Reg.
Another great build, Whats Next ? ? ?

greg

Iron Art
12-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Reg, Good looking build !! Its operates so smooth,will be cool to see it with the hydraulics and a sound generator. Congrats to you. Fred

RCP57
12-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks guys. I just wanna get it done! I just took a break from the shop and it's sunny out now so I guess I should be putting up xmas lights:D..."but" I'm almost finished the hydraulic valve so I suppose I have to make a choice. I think this is where I have to do the right thing versus the "me me me" thing...Hows that go? Happy wife, happy life? But hey I'm not getting married til next year so:p...

Greg... I have to finish this first BUT!.... I have been taking pictures, collecting facts and measurements for off-highway KW's for about a year... I also have a stack of Milspec 2.2 tires thats about 2 feet tall and no way to move my equipment to the worksite....

Reg

RCP57
12-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm finally almost finished the hydraulic valves....http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1622.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1621.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1619.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1626.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1625.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1624.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1623.jpg

Thanks for looking, Reg

Espeefan
12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Mighty fine machine work!

td9clyde
12-08-2012, 04:49 AM
very nice work !!!!

Azonic
12-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Looking good, im impressed by you guys who can make your own hydraulics! Cred to you!

steamer
12-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Man that set of spools are awesome. I though you said that you hadn't changed the mill over to CNC. Looks like a lot of work when into making them. Any tips you'd like to share
Rob

Madda
12-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Did you made these with a manual mill? They look very good.

Did you knew how to machine before you bought that bf30 or not?

I just got myself bf20l and my first parts look good but their precision is shi....

RCP57
12-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I just hope it works:o! It is a bit of "f"ing around but it's really not that bad with a DRO on the mill. I used the plugs out of the valve I had made months ago and just made a new body and servo mounts so that spead up the process. I also "clamped" the servos in place rather than drilling and threading each mount. I thought it was much easier to machine two holders and only have to thread two holes verses 16. It also makes assembly go much faster. I trimmed a little more of the 'fat' off of it this morning before work and drilled and tapped the last four holes so now I just need to put it back together and push some oil through it!

Oh... Madda, Congrats on the new mill! I have no prior knowledge or training in machining, just a fair understanding of how things should work. My father inlaw is a tool and die maker by trade but I didn't ask for his help on this. I wanted to do it myself pass or fail! Hopefully it's a pass!lol I guess I will know soon!

Reg

Southgate
12-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Cool machine. That piece of work in your hand is pure art! Dan

Madda
12-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Oh you're using DRO, that should make working a lot easier and precise? How did you make these larger holes, with a rotary table or boring head?

Keep up the good work and post pictures of machining setups when you are doing something, I would really like to see!

RCKiwi
12-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Nice machine work :cool: Have you made allowance for o-rings between the two main plates?

Glenn

RCP57
12-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Had the day off because of the weather so I spent a little time mounting the hydraulics valves and such.
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1642.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1641.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1640.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1643.jpg

Reg

doodlebug
12-16-2012, 06:12 PM
It just keep's getting better:D:D:D
Cheer's, Neil.

RCP57
12-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Dung Fluid? It's definately not a Jung but it might work....
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1644.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1645.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1646.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1647.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1648.jpg
A couple shots outside between rain storms...
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1650.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1654.jpg

Thanks for looking!

td9clyde
12-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Nice work ! and the machine work to make hydro's is awsome wish i could do that sort of thing just not that close to tolerances yet lol

doodlebug
12-20-2012, 06:40 PM
That's a cute Lil' pump!
Cheer's, Neil.

RCLogger
12-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Reg you just keep uping the BAR ! WOW You are very creative, keep the photo's coming...

greg

RCP57
06-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Well since the 850 is nearly finished and there is a show in a month, I thought I should get the 630D back on the bench and see what I could get done. I had stolen the ESC to get the 850 going so a new one was installed here today along with finishing the wiring on the motors. I also mounted an on off switch while I was doing the wiring...Time to get back into the hydros and see if it can do more than drive around!

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1107_zps5c370216.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_1107_zps5c370216.jpg.html)

Reg

Espeefan
06-13-2013, 02:12 AM
Reg, it's been a long time since you started this build, and maybe I missed it, so I hope you don't mind me asking - where did your tires come from?

RCP57
06-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah I kind of got burnt out on this build and lost interest. The tires are from a New Bright Raminator truck. I just happened to ask the local hobby shop to keep an eye out for tires with chevron type tread and someone came in the next week with a Raminator they wanted to trade. My friend at the shop scooped the tires and tossed the rest. I paid $20 for them and they are perfect size for 1/10 scale. I've been looking for another set ever since with no luck.

RCP57
06-17-2013, 04:59 PM
I managed to put this together today. My father in-law made this pump up for me back when I started the EC300 but I ended up buying a Jung for that instead so I thought I would give it a shot in the Tigercat. It is made up of some "secret" gears and a CNC'd aluminum case. The drive is the original out of my excavator....http://youtu.be/Zc13A6xJLKE

Thanks for looking!

RCP57
06-17-2013, 06:30 PM
A couple pictures of the pump mocked up in position. I won't hook up any hoses until I make all the cylinders.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_11452_zps2b494d82.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_11452_zps2b494d82.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_11442_zps558fece1.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_11442_zps558fece1.jpg.html)

Snochaser
06-17-2013, 07:17 PM
That's some serious pressure.

With everything you have now Reg, I belove you should be nominated for "Fleet of the month"!

Ben

RCP57
06-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Haha I think everyone on here has a fleet! That's the way it should be...

RCP57
07-01-2013, 09:15 AM
I still have a lot to do on this detail wise but at least it has some badging now.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1167_zps368eb3b4.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_1167_zps368eb3b4.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_11882_zpsd0edd638.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_11882_zpsd0edd638.jpg.html)

Reg

Espeefan
07-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Looks nice and tidy under the hood and cab! Glad to see you're back at this one. Think you'll go through and add some more details to it? Bring it up to par with the Kenworth? The Tigercat doesn't need a lot. Just little things maybe. Working lights, windshield wipers, cab window protection....ect.

RCP57
07-01-2013, 03:32 PM
It will get a little more detail but will never match the KW. I plan on adding some screen to the side windows and some cylinders to operate the hydraulics:rolleyes: but that's it. This is one of those projects that fizzled out and now I will just be happy enough to get the hydros working and move on.

Old Guy
05-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Reg, I know it has been just about a year since you worked on this one, but I've been waiting to see how the valve would work and if any leaks developed when in use. Just finishing (Painting) the RH400, but the valves I build are to large for the L2350 loader I have started. Like you after awhile I get bored with a project and start a new one ,if the valve worked this would solve the room problem I foresee.

Thanks
Earl

RCP57
05-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Sorry Earl but this thing hasn't had much attention in a long time. It has been on the bench, looked at and put back on the shelf several times but no progress has been made. I would really like to see it operating but I just can't seem to muster the interest needed to build the cylinders and air cylinders are hard to find(expensive) in the strokes I need. I have all the necessary materials just not the determination....

Reg

RCP57
06-30-2014, 10:44 PM
Well it has been a long time since this thing has had any attention but for some reason I got a bee in my bonnet the last few days and threw it back on the bench. After about 3 days and over 30 hours in my shop this is what I have...

Completely one off hydraulics, pump, valves and cylinders(some of these parts were already made). They even work!...well kinda:rolleyes: One cylinder in the grapple has a leaky O ring and the valve for the blade is out of whack. This was my first attempt at soldering anything like this so I was pretty relieved when none of the joints leaked. At least not yet...

http://youtu.be/QpvGxaJk3G0
http://youtu.be/7ZONUWIWIeU

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3795_zpsfec8edcc.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3795_zpsfec8edcc.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3796_zps79ef2c51.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3796_zps79ef2c51.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3797_zps239bf3cb.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3797_zps239bf3cb.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3798_zps9a0e90a4.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3798_zps9a0e90a4.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3799_zpsb6bf505e.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3799_zpsb6bf505e.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3800_zps7f23874a.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3800_zps7f23874a.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3801_zpsba629e82.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3801_zpsba629e82.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3802_zps8ced5c3e.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3802_zps8ced5c3e.jpg.html)

Thanks for looking!

RCP57
07-01-2014, 12:32 AM
It's nothing fancy. Just silver solder. I don't need to run a huge amount of pressure on this one so it should hold up fine.

justin
07-01-2014, 12:46 AM
Looking sweet . Reg

Espeefan
07-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Nice, Reg. Really nice. I enjoyed the videos. Just a thought for the grapple. Maybe you could devise a spring assist to help the grapple jaws open and close evenly? Or maybe things will get better once your parts wear in a bit.

Lil Giants
07-01-2014, 01:31 AM
That looks great all around Reg. :cool:

Where did you source those right angle hose fittings on the cyls from? Are they metric or SAE?

egronvold
07-01-2014, 05:10 AM
It looks very nice. Seems like the performance is up to standards as well :)

RCP57
07-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks guys.

I was thinking the same thing Nate. The cylinders for the grapple have enough exposed rod that i could put a helper spring on there. I think I will wait and see how often it opens goofy before I change anything.

The fittings are SAE(10-32x1/8" and 10-32x5/32") and sourced through a local Hydraulic shop in Victoria. They are meant to be used on truck air lines and so on. I use them on the Volvo too and have never had a failure so far at 32bar. Metric is available too but harder to get. They are a bit big for smaller cylinders like this but are about $4-6 each and often in stock at the local shop. If they don't have them they are typically an overnight item from Vancouver. A banjo style is available too and has a slightly lower profile.

Reg

RCP57
07-01-2014, 11:44 PM
I got a few of the kinks out on the skidder today(literally). It turned out that the issue with the blade was a kinked hose so I shortened it up and that solved the problem. The valve block was weeping a bit so I took it apart and put a thin strip of loctite around each rotor and buttoned it back up. No leaks there now. The grapple cylinder was binding mid stroke and causing it to leak. I made a bit of a relief near the swivel and now it only leaks once and a while. Once I did all this and finished the wiring, I decided to have a little playtime. I'm now running most of my models off of one radio so I need to remember to center all the switches between models! Oh well, hopefully I will get it all figured out one day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e5HnDg0MAU&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OicDB1uVOU&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc8AEwMnEvw&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3804_zpscac165bf.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3804_zpscac165bf.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3805_zps820f4ff6.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3805_zps820f4ff6.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3806_zpsf662f591.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3806_zpsf662f591.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_3807_zps63a08270.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/RCP57/media/IMG_3807_zps63a08270.jpg.html)

BERNA
07-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Hello friend, it was me with the open mouth of the wonders that you build

Trucker_Jo
07-03-2014, 01:30 AM
Beautilful! :D Now where's that line machine at?:rolleyes:

egronvold
07-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Very realistic picturels :)

RCP57
07-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Thank you very much guys. I still have some details and paint to add on the skidder but I must say that I am happy to see it fully functional. I think a smaller hydraulic pump would be a nice addition as I have the speed dialed down a lot on this one. I also need to invest in a better battery. The 5aH lead acid doesn't run for long before it dies and it's added weight really isn't necessary on this machine. I added foams to the tires yesterday and that seemed to stop the crumpling on the rears.

Does anyone have any experience using the complete pump setup from RC4WD? I think it is around $225 for the pump and motor but I have no idea how much oil it moves. I need a fair amount of volume for this, just not as much as I have now.:rolleyes:.

Reg

nopgc
07-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Dung Fluid? It's definately not a Jung but it might work....
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1644.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1645.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1646.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1647.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/RCP57/IMG_1648.jpg
!

I like your pump. How did you do it?

RCP57
07-04-2014, 10:29 AM
I didn't make the pump itself. My father in-law machined the inner case on a cnc mill to fit some internal gears that I had and then I machined the outside down as much as I could to decrease the size. The gears are from a motorcycle oil pump and are more designed for volume than pressure but it still pumps 25bar with ease. I'm not sure how long the aluminum case will last. It was our intention to try this pump and if it worked, make the cases from brass or steel. I have another case just like this one and a few sets of gears so I can make one more if this one wears quickly. My current drive setup is the original from my excavator and spins the pump way too fast for this machine. Pump speed is close to 6000rpm if I don't dial it back and the pump makes a lot of volume. I need to get a lower KV motor because the speed control gets hot running at a reduced speed all the time. Either that or get a smaller pump, hence my question about the RC4WD pump and motor.

Reg

Old Guy
07-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Glad to see you have your model working, as always a work of art. The hydraulic valve working with just minor leaks is what I've been waiting for, now its my turn to copy your build and build my own for the l2350 I have under way.

Thanks Earl

RCP57
07-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Yes the valve seems to work OK with no leaks now that I used some loctite between the halves. I could have machined grooves for O rings around each valve and that would have been better but I was lazy.

Any chance you will be taking the ferry ride over to the island next weekend to attend the Atique truck show with us Earl?

Lets see some pictures of your build!

Reg

DADSGARAGE
07-14-2014, 01:31 AM
Another great build!!! Watched the vids earlier today....NICE.....
You need better foam in the tires if you're going to always haul those big logs around...LOL...again nice job man well done!!!
KP

RCP57
07-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Thanks KP. It needs some work but I'm happy to finally see it fully functional. I put some foam in since the videos and there's no more flattened out tires now!lol

RCP57
11-10-2014, 08:29 PM
I have been waiting for some motors to be in stock at the Robot Shop for months. They are supplied by Servocity and I could have bought them there but for some reason their shipping to Canada is really expensive. Anyway, a while back I made an order from RS and they had 1 in stock. I need 2 motors but I thought 1 was better than none so I bought it to try. Here are the results of changing the motor....http://youtu.be/LtbxUR9raN0... I guess I will order another but I'm not sure how useful it will be. Maybe I should glue the rear tires first...:rolleyes:

jack van
11-10-2014, 10:53 PM
I've been somewhat reluctant to post this build because it has already been done by others(greatly I might add) and I kinda feel like I'm being a copy cat but I like the machine so here it goes... 1/10th again... Tigercat 630D...

Two brand new griders were destroyed for this build...RIP:D

:cop:Just because it has been done before is not important granted i have built only 1 model a king hauler which everyone has built more than once i still like to see other builds because everyone may show different parts of a build and maybe a different way to do something and the biggest plus is i just love to see talented people doing something they love that is awsome :jump::jump:

Snowman3725
12-06-2014, 01:43 AM
No such thing as a copy cat. Each machine is hand built and unique to each builder. Big fan of Tigercats, wish they got more recognition

RCP57
12-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Thanks guys. This build was a real challenge for me. Not in the sense that the pieces were too hard to make but I just struggled to stay working on it. I lost interest in it many times because I was too lazy (and afraid) to make the cylinders. Once I actually put my fear aside it was fine and I'm so happy that it is finally functional! It still needs some tweaking for sure but I don't think there are too many 1/10 hydraulic grapple skidders out there so that makes it unique.