PDA

View Full Version : RC4WD Experience - Bad to Good

sassgrunt
02-28-2012, 09:06 PM
I have really enjoyed the multi-axle off road builds on here, and decided to build an 8x8 of my own. In mid-December, I ordered two sets of rims, four sets of tires, and an 8x8 Hercules frame from RC4WD. I received an email stating that one of the sets of rims was out of stock; but that they would send everything else, and the other sets of rims later. I have made several orders from them in the past, and never had a problem.

It took a couple of weeks for the box to get to me, and everything looked okay until I opened up the frame kit and started to assemble it. It was missing the four "shark fins" that you attach the links to, (after reading about others' builds; I decided that was the way I wanted to go also).

I wrote to them, and they responded that the other set of rims would still be sent to me. I tried writing to them two more times; but they still didn't understand the problem, and asked if I never rerceived the original package. I suspected that there was a language problem, and decided to just wait until I received the second set of rims.

When that got to me in mid-January - sure enough - it didn't have the missing parts in it. So, I wrote them again, and listed the dates of the unsuccessful back-and-forth emails. I received a response stating that they would send another 8x8 Hercules frame kit, and that I should take out whatever parts I was missing, and to send the rest back to them.

I received the second frame kit, which had all of the parts. After thinking about it; I wrote them that I had also wanted to try building a 6x6; and that if they could send me just two of these fins, I would pay them for the second frame kit. I figured I could just chop the length of the second 8x8 kit, and I'd end up with the same thing that they sell as their 6x6 kit.

I did receive the two fins in the mail today, and wrote to let them know. I asked them to invoice me for the cost of the second frame, and they responded to just keep it.

There were a couple of times that the language barrier was really getting me to the point of wondering if it was all worth it; but they did come through in the end, and I am a happy customer. Just wanted to let you folks know my experience with them and to be patient if you have similar problems. They DO try and fix the problem; once they know what it is. -Mike