PDA

View Full Version : The other side of the world!

apfubar
03-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Sometimes it is just bloody annoying being in the southern hemisphere...

I have been working my backside off for the past year on a contract job, and have only come up for air in the last month.... Since then I have been trying to contact various model companies about some construction equipment (bugger paying off the house - it'll still be paid off in half of the load period regardless), but I am not getting any responses... :(

So what I really want may only be possible with a visit to Germany... Which would definelty eat into any spare modeling funds... :confused:
On the positive side It would give me a chance to look at the models in the flesh and make an informed decision...

The missus would love it, but I suspect thee wouldn't be any funds left at the end of the trip... :eek:

Not th eend of the world but definetly frustrating.

Ap

Smokin Joe
03-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Perhaps contacting some people on German boards to help.

Or, go ahead and sell the house!:D

Joe

Brel
03-10-2012, 02:55 PM
welcome to the forum, but there is only one side to the world and that is here everywhere

M.Fischersworring
03-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Hi
The most easiest way is to contact a German in THIS Forum.
So come on and tell me what you need.Maybe I can help you out.

Michael

apfubar
03-11-2012, 09:51 PM
So I am loooing at Excavators...

I have a response from Vario, but nothing from Damitz or Lieberherr.... Yet...

Just trying to get the facts together before doing something "financially irresponsible"...

Lead times and shipping costs are probably the two bigger outstanding Q's - no sense in waiting 2yrs, but I am happy to wait 6mths(it would take me that time to put the Vario together let alone paint it).

I would really like the power of the Vario in the size of the Damitz... But it's simply not possible...

Yes I do have a project in mind... Which the Vario would be better for, but hauling 40kg around doesn't sound like fun.

Cheers,
AP

apfubar
03-13-2012, 04:18 AM
So Mr Damitz got back to me...

Cheers,
AP

Espeefan
03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
I really like the Damitz excavators, but the one thing I'm not crazy about is the hydraulic track motors. Running the hoe and the tracks at the same time gives slower response and I don't think the hydrdaulic motors have near the torque an electronic motor would. Maybe I'm wrong? On the same token, it's very cool that Damitz keeps it just like the real machines, with an all hydraulic drive. Just not sure the performance scales down as well.

I still think Vario is the best bang for the buck!

apfubar
03-14-2012, 04:41 PM
I believe the brushless motor helps with the track speed on the Damitz... I like the Vario, but the size is a big concern... The Liebherr might be the go... Just wish I could play with all three....

Anyways should probably move this into another forum as my little "dummy spit" is finished... For the moment!

I will leave a whinge around the shipping costs for another time.

Cheers,
AP

apfubar
03-26-2012, 10:40 PM

Waiting for the toy is already painfull...

I have never ordered anything with such a lead time (upfront that is)...

Now how to tell the missus..

Mortgages and holidays... Who needs em....

AP