PDA

View Full Version : new scania project-need help with servonaut vs MFC

aussietruckerguy
04-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi there,
Im looking at a new rig to go with my single drive scania. It will be a twin drive scania set up for a road train using two home built or tamiya reefer's. Im not liking the restrictions on the tamiya MFC as far as lights, I want marker's six-eight per side, two side indicators, between two and four each on the rear, four stops. Then I also need the lights on the dolly. Also be able to drive the leg motors on both trailers driven off Rx. Also extra lights on the prime mover with the marker and fog lights on the rack above the windscreen. The key question is will servonaut will be able to do this, or am I going to home brew some- all of the electronics. The vibration is not a want, as I use trucks all the time and it does not vibrate that much. Plus I have no idea how to do sound outputs on the truck. thanks for any help

Actros861
04-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Yes you can, on my Scania R620 i have approximately 180 LEd's.
And the best thing with Servonaut is the drivingexperience its so much better then the MFU :)

aussietruckerguy
04-05-2012, 06:20 PM
thanks what would be the starting setup for what I want?

Actros861
04-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Without cruisecontrol
S20, ML4, MM4 and SMX

With cruisecontrol
M20+, MM4 and SMX

aussietruckerguy
04-06-2012, 02:50 PM
thanks, anyone know how to get these in Australia, I was on garden trucking and there out of stock for the AIR-U.

aussietruckerguy
04-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Well the R620 and a reefer trailer is ordered out of hong kong, just it time for my birthday :)

Quad-Dog
04-07-2012, 08:40 AM
That is what you need german relatives for :D
Have you asked servonaut? I bet they sell those things all over the world.

aussietruckerguy
04-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I have, I'm waiting for the reply, worst case ill talk to my cousins in the U.K.

Brel
04-08-2012, 09:20 AM
servonaut do not take pay pal, they only take a credit card or bank transfer for payment, I had to ring them with my car number when I ordered from them

apfubar
04-08-2012, 04:06 PM
You can order them from doc gear... He accepts PayPal...

There is also TTM (not sure about PayPal), and Scale Art(just don't look at the models, the truck prices are scary, the detail however is drool worthy)...

Cheers,
AP
p.s I have ordered from all three, and have received the products here in Sydney.

aussietruckerguy
04-08-2012, 06:46 PM
have you got the web address for TTM and Doc Gear or how to get in contact, Scale Art have some great kit but not the sevonaut gear I'm looking for :(

Brel
04-08-2012, 11:49 PM
here is the link to the ttm shop
http://www.ttm-shop.de/

apfubar
04-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Doc gear is:
http://www.der-getriebedoktor.de/

Ap

Espeefan
04-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Without cruisecontrol
S20, ML4, MM4 and SMX

With cruisecontrol
M20+, MM4 and SMX

Do you like the cruise control feature? Personally, I'd rather have the more conventional throttle, returning to neutral, when you let go of the stick. It's just what I've always had on all my RC models.

Actros861
04-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Do you like the cruise control feature? Personally, I'd rather have the more conventional throttle, returning to neutral, when you let go of the stick. It's just what I've always had on all my RC models.

Yes i do, it's a bit confusing in the beginning but after a short time of driving it becomes natural.
I have three trucks with M20+ and i think that is the best ESC on the market, the MFU is absolutely crap in comparison. S20 isn't bad either, i have that in my CAT 966 :)

extremetrucksaus
07-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi If you looking for servonaut stuff try www.csmi.com.au they are the dealers for servonaut in Australia :)

DoubleClutchin'
07-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Can you run the servonaut system with digital trims or do you need analog like the Tamiya MFU?

egronvold
07-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Can you run the servonaut system with digital trims or do you need analog like the Tamiya MFU?

You don't use trims to operate the Servonaut products.

egronvold
07-13-2012, 10:43 AM
thanks, anyone know how to get these in Australia, I was on garden trucking and there out of stock for the AIR-U.

NB! AIR-U is used with S20 (or MFU), AIR-4 with M20+ And K30/ K40.

DoubleClutchin'
07-13-2012, 11:16 AM
You don't use trims to operate the Servonaut products.

How many channels do you need? Can I use my KO wheel radio ?

egronvold
07-14-2012, 05:00 AM
It depends on your need and choice of equipment, but in general you need at least 4 proportional channels. I would not recommend a wheel radio for big rigs.

Steering: CH 1
M20+ (ESC and lights and 1 servo): CH 2 and 3
SMX (Sound): CH 4

Petesbuilt
09-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Mate Ccsmi in Perth imports servonaut and carson ive just got two from him.

apfubar
09-05-2012, 08:30 AM
I simply ordered from doc gear. Not sure how the CMSI prices compare... Eithere way I love the M20 in my DAF.

Cheers,
AP

nolimit1
01-18-2015, 02:04 AM
Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out the Servonaut system myself. I have a Scania R620 with MFU 01 unit, and the flat bed trailer with Tamiya light kit. It's ok , but I just got the Scania R470 and the Reefer trailer and want to make this a no wire from tractor to trailer setup. I also want more lights for the trailer (all wireless)!! So watching many videos, different sites and still having a problem working this one out. I know that the 1 MFU system can't handle what I want to do, and I seen SS Tronix's is a long waiting time for me to order.

gismow
01-18-2015, 04:49 AM
Hi,

Let me give you some alternative products, that are also worth it to have a look at.

Servonaut is state of the art, but if you do not need a cruise control have a look at Modellbau-Regler.dehttp://www.Modellbau-Regler.de. I had the chance to test the Truck ESC and it's fantastic for a great price.

Regarding Sound I'd like to introduce the USM-RC-2 (http://www.beier-electronic.de/modellbau/produkte/usm-rc-2/usm-rc-2.php?sprache=gb) module from Beier electronic. It's an absolute fantastic sound module including a complete light management system and they also provide a trailer module with an IR communication.

All my Trucks do have a combination of Servonaut (standard and cruisecontrol) and Beier USM-RC-2 and IR module and I love it.

apfubar
01-18-2015, 04:11 PM
I have wired up a ServoNaut AIRU to the mfu, it is a bit of a pain, just due to the size of the mfu wiring. You can buy some connectors for these, which would make life easier.

You can the run anything on the trailer... With the appropriate power etc on the trailer... I have for example controlled the legs, and steering(on different trailers). I have also done the road train option, where things are passed from the front trailer to the rear, via an Air4(I think).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ap