PDA

View Full Version : Another lurker has arrived

Blender
09-06-2010, 07:16 PM
I was the guy building the 1/14 telehandler. It was working, but its wasn't realistic to fit everything needed inside in an organized fashion. Maintenance was very difficult to say the least. Here's one of the later pictures i took:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKj5vaGSx8s
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/ToyTundra/Forklift/liftheightwithtelescope.jpg
Apparently all the hydros were stripped out for that picture. Right now it's partially disassembled for the complete rebuild

Here are some of my current parts. The biggest differences wil be scale frame, hydraulic telescope and worm drive axles with tiny gear motors to save space. I'll make a build thread once it get further along. I'd love hydraulic steering, but the valves are so big that it wouldn't be feasible.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/ToyTundra/photo-51.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/ToyTundra/photo-48.jpg
prototype vs finalized worm axle.

I love reading about what you guys build whether it's equipment or trucks or accessories . I look forward to building a truck to pull stuff around. I'm dreaming of a cab over 6x6.

sparkycuda
09-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Welcome! The handler is looking very good. Nice use of alternate methods (mini motors, etc.). Looking forward to seeing more!

Ken

SonoranWraith
09-07-2010, 12:12 AM
I really like your telehandler build. That is definitely one of those models with not very much space. I really like your wheel/tire combo. Grunger from GT right? Look forward to your build thread, don't be afraid to show that thing it is nice. Welcome! :)

SmallHaul
09-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Very impressive build.

The worm drive is cool.

Cossett
09-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi Blender,

Welcome aboard interesting build will be watching for it

Cheers Cossett

Blender
09-07-2010, 07:36 PM
...Grunger from GT right? ...

Excellent memory.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Lil Giants
09-07-2010, 11:32 PM
I didn't forget who you are either, good to see you still knocking the dents out of this build, perfection takes time. ;)

Did you ever look into Leimbach's minature hydra systems or is that what you're using now?

Blender
09-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I didn't forget who you are either, good to see you still knocking the dents out of this build, perfection takes time. ;)

Did you ever look into Leimbach's minature hydra systems or is that what you're using now?

They had slipped my mind until you mentioned them. The cost of another hydraulic system/parts scared me away the first time they were brought up. If i spend too much more i could have just bought a 966G :eek:. Then I would have been playing in the dirt all these years instead of hunched over a work bench. The mini-valves are interesting and not terribly expensive on their own. A few weeks ago while trying to lay stuff out I was complaining about how beefy the valves are. The mini ones might make my life a little easier :)

I'm still using a standard leimbach pump with a cut down reservoir and a short brushless motor. Standard two spool valve, but i need to add a third spool at some point. It might be a good time to upgrade all the valves :D

Lil Giants
09-09-2010, 03:29 PM
i could have just bought a 966G :eek:. Then I would have been playing in the dirt all these years instead of hunched over a work bench.

Probably not... that junk wdc would have been keeping your telehandler company most of the time anyway on your workbench and you'd have two money pits to try to rc.

I'll buy your brushless pump and valves from you, I burn thru a pump every so often so it's nice to have a spare on hand to swap out quick. Then you can go buy your minature system. PM me your paypal addy, we can do this right now if you want. ;)

Might I suggest you get your Leimbach mini hydra system directly from this german company... you'll get it in a few weeks time after payment is made and your sphincter won't feel so sore from getting screwed over from that other guy. ;)

=60]ttm-shop.de (http://www.ttm-shop.de/content.php?session=31273379e835638146fc7ef6f4fa76 7a&seite=shop/produkte.php&hauptrubrik=209&archiv=&jahr=&produkte[first)

It's a long link that doesn't appear correctly on this forum, the link takes you to pg1; go to pg7 to find the mini pumps. ;)

Blender
09-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Probably not... that junk wdc would have been keeping your telehandler company most of the time anyway on your workbench and you'd have two money pits to try to rc.

I'll buy your brushless pump and valves from you, I burn thru a pump every so often so it's nice to have a spare on hand to swap out quick. Then you can go buy your minature system. PM me your paypal addy, we can do this right now if you want. ;)

Might I suggest you get your Leimbach mini hydra system directly from this german company... you'll get it in a few weeks time after payment is made and your sphincter won't feel so sore from getting screwed over from that other guy. ;)

=60]ttm-shop.de (http://www.ttm-shop.de/content.php?session=31273379e835638146fc7ef6f4fa76 7a&seite=shop/produkte.php&hauptrubrik=209&archiv=&jahr=&produkte[first)

It's a long link that doesn't appear correctly on this forum, the link takes you to pg1; go to pg7 to find the mini pumps. ;)

At first i started to chuckle while thinking about the wedico loader, then i remembered your experience with their products. I'd be broke and mad.

I never expected to be able to sell off my used parts due to how small the market is outside of Europe. I appreciate your offer and may even take you up on it once i figure everything out. I assume the store in the link only speaks German, so i'd have a fumble through a web order, then pay with a bank transfer? They probably don't take American credit cards. I don't speak a word of German, but are internet translations good enough?

After looking at the round mini pump listed I have a few more ideas on how to arrange everything inside my machine. The "micro" valves from page 9 aren't that much smaller than the ones i have. I'm surprises by this.

Thanks, Lil Giants, you've been a big help for all these years.

Lil Giants
09-09-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't recall exactly, but I thought the mini valves were notibly smaller, though they still used the same servo... I'll have to re - research that and get back to ya.

I've talked to Theil a few yrs ago about ordering thru them, it was no problem, they ship internationally. I wrote him in english, he responded in english. (I was told many yrs ago on a german forum to always communicate in english as the direct german translation could have a completely different meaning... they will translate the message their own way using computer software or get some one else who's bilingual to translate it for them. The english language is a manditory subject in secondary school nowadays.)

I don't know for sure how money changes hands these days... it may have been a bank wire transfer then, but with technology changing so quickly nowadays and these german model manufacturers being so willing to deal globally now... ask them what your options are?

One of these days the sun has gotta shine and then I'll be absent from these forums for a few months... if you're not in any hurry, talk about a deal in November sometime.

You're welcome... that's what these forums are for, to help one another out in this awesome past time we enjoy. :)

Stuff
09-09-2010, 09:39 PM
welcome over! too bad the stuff cant find in a bruder eh?

ddc333
09-10-2010, 01:55 AM
Hey Joe

wasn't there someone who built a smaller hydraulic set up .. I remember seeing someone post it maybe that might be a better fit ?? I for one would love to see this build come together

As for translating foreign websites I either use Mozilla Firefox browser or the Google toolbar and you can set it so it automatically translates for you :cool::cool:

Lil Giants
09-10-2010, 02:37 AM
That australian "briteshine" was using a hydra system of sorts on his homebuilt excav, but I don't recall any specifics to manufacture or size of system vs Leimbach. ???

I use google translate too for foriegn language sites, but it doesn't translate everything & not very well much of the time.

ddc333
09-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Yeah Joe but Britshine's were air craft or something maybe air not sure but they weren't the ones I was thinking of maybe it was Greg or Lou that posted it I don't remember but I bet someone will.

And yes your right about the Google translate but its about the best we can do :D:D

tracksntreadslou
09-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Well done ..Looking forward to the finished model...Thats quite a challenge to fit everything in that small space ...Are you going to use lipos to save room as well?
Oh yeh heres the link to those other hydraulics that were mentioned ...10 bar i think
http://www.wpraez.de/

Blender
09-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Well done ..Looking forward to the finished model...Thats quite a challenge to fit everything in that small space ...Are you going to use lipos to save room as well?
Oh yeh heres the link to those other hydraulics that were mentioned ...10 bar i think
http://www.wpraez.de/

Thanks for the link. My first version used a 3S 2200 mah lipo. I payed way too much for a Thunder Power brand pack, but the cheap 2100 mah 3s Align brand that came with my rcheli fits better because it's slim and rather rectangular. I plan on buying a bunch of used Align packs from the rc heli guys for cheap because the batteries don't have a high enough C rating for helicopters so most guys don't even fly them.