PDA

View Full Version : Truck way too fast

Bill 832
04-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Hello fellas! My Knight Hauler, now that I finally have it done, is too fast, especially in reverse. I am never gonna get good at backing this thing, if it goes warp 6 in reverse. I got an HPI 55 turn crawler motor, that just came in, and it is a closed end motor, non rebuildable, like the Tamiya motor, and has a capacitor. Will it work good with my MFU? Before I tear my done truck apart and put this thing in, I want to know it will be worth it. Also, I have to pull up the MFU unit itself to get the deck off, and I would like to know about the shock absorbing tape. Can I use regular two sided? Of course I didn't order any of the shock absorbing stuff, and I will if I should, but I've got gobs of the regular stuff around. Thanks, Bill

REV73
04-07-2012, 06:42 AM
I found the same thing with my stock king hauler, the speed is way to unrealistic for these rigs. It has been suggested to me that a 55 turn motor is a good one to go with, but as far as whether or not it will work with the mfu, I can't speak to that. as far as your two sided tape question, I am fairly sure that the regular stuff would be fine.

Tamiya Cowboy
04-07-2012, 07:44 AM
The good Trinity and Integy 55 turns work great with the MFU I suggest a 6 tooth pnion from RC4WD and you will pretty close to the same speeds as the gear reduction that costs 140.00 bucks..

dabears
04-07-2012, 12:21 PM
My 55 turn helped out with being too fast. As for the tape ace hardware should sell rolls of similar stuff pretty cheap. I used Velcro for mine and have no issues even if I hold the truck upside down to adjust something...