PDA

View Full Version : Lurker from WI

pugs
09-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Hi to everyone. Found this site a few weeks ago, decided I might as well join in the conversation. Have always enjoyed RC cars and working with hydraulics and electronics. Would like to someday build my own RC construction equipment, never seem to have the time or money to do that, but will try and help anyone else out with info where I can.

I own a CNC machine shop so I can make almost anything I need to build a construction model, just never seem to have enough down time to build my own stuff lately.

Right now just have a nitro buggy and an electric hotrod with a custom front axle and front aluminum wheels that I made.

Jeff

Lil Giants
09-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Welcome pugs. :)

Life is too short not to make time for hobbies. ;)

Espeefan
09-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Welcome Pugs. Where in central Wisconsin are you from? I'm in central WI myself. I thought I was completely alone in this neck of the woods, with this hobby. Great to have you on the forum.

Rogue
09-08-2010, 07:33 AM
I own a CNC machine shop so I can make almost anything I need to build a construction model, just never seem to have enough down time to build my own stuff lately.
Jeff

Welcome Jeff,

Admitting to us that you own a CNC shop is probably a good way to assure that you will never have enough down time for yourself:D:D

I can predict your PM box is going to fill up fast with requests from some of us guys.

pugs
09-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Welcome Pugs. Where in central Wisconsin are you from? I'm in central WI myself. I thought I was completely alone in this neck of the woods, with this hobby. Great to have you on the forum.

About halfway between Marshfield and Stevens point

pugs
09-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Welcome Jeff,

Admitting to us that you own a CNC shop is probably a good way to assure that you will never have enough down time for yourself:D:D

I can predict your PM box is going to fill up fast with requests from some of us guys.

:D I should get some pics up in the metal section. I am here as I personally like this type of stuff, I will try my hardest not to solicit work on here as it was not my reason for joining, plus I don't do much of one offs, more into the production side of things.

Blender
09-08-2010, 12:27 PM
:D I should get some pics up in the metal section. I am here as I personally like this type of stuff, I will try my hardest not to solicit work on here as it was not my reason for joining, plus I don't do much of one offs, more into the production side of things.

Impressive shop. Any pics of the parts you made? I love seeing stuff people made.

It's never too early to start planning your future construction equipment project ;)

pugs
09-08-2010, 12:39 PM
My problem is I want to build the largest cat stuff in 1/5 scale with diesel power, no small feat but It's what I keep dreaming of building

Espeefan
09-08-2010, 01:05 PM
About halfway between Marshfield and Stevens point

Jeff, I would have never guessed. I'm in Mosinee. That's practically my backyard. Point and Marhsfield are barely 30 mins away. We should meet up sometime. I don't have any running trucks right now but it would still be nice to meet a local guy.

pugs
09-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Would be fun sometime. I need to check my rc hotrod over and make sure the batteries even take a charge anymore, haven't had it going in so long. The nitro buggy is in pieces, mostly got tired of all the work to make the nitro run right every time and never got around to working on it much. It was fun when it worked but I'm just not much into the go fast racing, prefer something that's a useful toy.

Espeefan
09-08-2010, 01:48 PM
You sound similar to me. I've got a handful of various RC trucks and a helicopter too, but I haven't really run any of them in a long time. I got this scale semi truck / construction bug and the other toys just have been sitting since then. I have some other friends into the go fast trucks, and we've gotten together to run them, but I almost prefer building these things, rather then running them. I've just barely broken in my 1/8 scale nitro buggy this year. I bought it new a couple years back, installed the engine, electronics, and everything else, and first ran it this summer. The rest of the time it was sitting on the shelf. I had fun running it, but lately I have been thinking about selling off most of my models to fund a piece of construction equipment. I would really like a dirt mover. Narrow my focus, thin the collection of models sitting on the shelves, and actually have a few really functional RC models. :D

Lil Giants
09-08-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm the direct opposite of you two, I buy kits that don't take long to build and can take alot of punishment without fixing... too bad we didn't live in a closer circle, I could keep you guys busy repairing and modifying while I'd test out your ingenuity. :D

Espeefan
09-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm the direct opposite of you two, I buy kits that don't take long to build and can take alot of punishment without fixing... too bad we didn't live in a closer circle, I could keep you guys busy repairing and modifying while I'd test out your ingenuity. :D

That would be right up my alley, Joe! :D