PDA

View Full Version : MFU question

Stuart
04-16-2012, 09:33 AM
I have a question about the fifth wheel switch on the mfu, when the trailer is on the motor gets full power in all gears but I was under the asumption that without the trailer it would get 50% power in all gears, however I have just noticed (only had it for 8yrs!) that it seems to get 30% in 1st 60% in 2nd and full power in 3rd!

I have recently swapped the motor for a carson Venom and an 8 tooth pinion could this be the cause? or should it work this way?

Any info appreciated

Stu

Brel
04-16-2012, 09:48 AM
that is correct

Stuart
04-16-2012, 09:52 AM
that is correct

Thanks Brel, which bit though, its working correctly or could be the motor?

Stu

Brel
04-16-2012, 09:58 AM
sorry, it is working correctly
I have cut the plug off the fifth wheel micro switch and soldered the two wires together and plugged it into the MFU, to get full power in all of the gears, in all three of my trucks

Stuart
04-16-2012, 10:27 AM
sorry, it is working correctly
I have cut the plug off the fifth wheel micro switch and soldered the two wires together and plugged it into the MFU, to get full power in all of the gears, in all three of my trucks

thanks for clearing that up, I was thinking of doing the same, shame to lose the hitch/un-hitch sound though:( although I have considered connecting it to a receiver operated switch.