04-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Come on now you can't just post pictures like that without info:p

YoungGunz
04-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Those things are sweet man!! can we get some video?? :D:D

J.D.

Espeefan
04-23-2012, 09:23 AM
The 755D is awesome. You didn't waste anytime getting that Carson model together. I know the guy on Scale 4x4 still seems to be having problems with bad parts, bad ESCs, ect, but your's must have been a better kit? How does it run? I'd love to see some videos of that thing in action. What are your thoughts on long term useage? Think it'll hold up? Does this spell the end of your Bruder Cat tracked loader project?

More pics please!

rcguyfarms
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM
The 755D is awesome. You didn't waste anytime getting that Carson model together. I know the guy on Scale 4x4 still seems to be having problems with bad parts, bad ESCs, ect, but your's must have been a better kit? How does it run? I'd love to see some videos of that thing in action. What are your thoughts on long term useage? Think it'll hold up? Does this spell the end of your Bruder Cat tracked loader project?

More pics please!

I am waiting on a new esc before I shot a video of it. One I used for the loader and bucket function is fried due to leads shorting out. Operation is smooth and it has some weight but not enough traction. Plenty of lifting power and right drive speed. The linkage design sucks, because u have to raise the arms fully to dump the bucket. I plan to modify the bucket into a 4 to1 bucket. The actuators this last round failed on the bruder track loader and it will become a new scraper tractor.

Espeefan
04-23-2012, 10:33 AM
I am waiting on a new esc before I shot a video of it. One I used for the loader and bucket function is fried due to leads shorting out. Operation is smooth and it has some weight but not enough traction. Plenty of lifting power and right drive speed. The linkage design sucks, because u have to raise the arms fully to dump the bucket. I plan to modify the bucket into a 4 to1 bucket. The actuators this last round failed on the bruder track loader and it will become a new scraper tractor.

Scott, so you have to have the loader boom all the way up before you can dump the bucket? You can't dump or tilt it at mid-height? That stinks, if so. It's a really nice looking machine though. Did you make or purchase the JD decals? I like them.

td9clyde
04-23-2012, 12:00 PM
I know what the 950 is but where did the deere loader come from? custom build?

Snochaser
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Great job on the Carson Scott! That's the paint job I would put on it. Did you do hydros or the actuators? Definitely want to see some video!

Ben

9W Monighan
04-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Can someone give me a link to this Carson Co.?

Snochaser
04-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Yep http://www.carson-modelsport.com/en/products/truckmodels.htm

9W Monighan
04-23-2012, 06:17 PM
No prices on anything

fhhhstix
04-23-2012, 07:27 PM
No prices on anything

You have to take their part number then go to their price list in the upper right hand corner(click on price list) and put the part number in the search box to find the part and the price.

Travis

rcguyfarms
04-23-2012, 07:43 PM
out the door shipped from ttm-funktionsmodellbau.de is a little over 1800 euros. U still need a at minimum 4ch radio system, two dual escs and 6cell battery pack.

Scott, so you have to have the loader boom all the way up before you can dump the bucket? You can't dump or tilt it at mid-height? That stinks, if so. It's a really nice looking machine though. Did you make or purchase the JD decals? I like them.
All the way up for full dump. No mid dumping but it will tilt back real far. I found a good side shot of a 755d off the net. Then pulled the logos out and printed on white vinyl paper. It took a few test sheets of regular paper to get the right size.

Great job on the Carson Scott! That's the paint job I would put on it. Did you do hydros or the actuators? Definitely want to see some video!

Ben

All gear driven motors setup, no hydros.

Brian in PA
04-24-2012, 02:27 AM
Nice machine Scott. Would you that the loader is worth the $$?

Thanks!

Espeefan
04-24-2012, 05:42 AM
Thanks Scott. So if the bucket can't be dump mid height, is there some sort of electrical interlock that prevents that function? Or is it a case of the speed controller function or internal programming? Kind of like the cheaper toys that do a dump function after the bucket is raised all the way? Is this something that could be changed by running a different, or separate ESC, then what comes with the kit? 1800 eruos is about 2500 US? Not a bad price at all. Might be a great lower cost option for those not quite ready to spend more for a full hydraulic model. It will be interesting to see what you think of the model's long term reliability and power.

Brian in PA
04-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Nathan I think the dump function may be limited to the geometer of the linkage. On my Bruder conversion this also is the case. It has to be up all the way in order dump all of the way. The stock toy is like this too there is not enough travel in the ram to allow anymore movement. I'm not sure if this is the case but I figure I would chime in.

Espeefan
04-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Probably right, Brian. Scott did say the linkage sucked. I can't imagine the real machines having the same problems. Probably a case of the model's dimensions being compromised for sake of functionality.

rcguyfarms
04-24-2012, 07:32 AM
I have though to hydro, but the model is limited on space in it design. The limit dumping is in the stroke of the actuator. I am thinking on testing a firgelli in place and see what that will do. Worst case I will build a 4 in 1 bucket to solve the mid level dump issue.

rcguyfarms
04-24-2012, 08:40 AM
firgelli at 30mm stroke to short and 50mm way to long. I did fix the dump issue by removing a rear spring in the actuator itself. That gave enough stroke to dump the bucket at any level. I also had to modify the part that mount the cover over the motor. Once the new esc arrives I will make a video.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/rcguy_18/100_1309.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/rcguy_18/100_1303.jpg

mock up internal
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/rcguy_18/100_1317.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/rcguy_18/100_1313.jpg

rcguyfarms
04-25-2012, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6sDv1AioJI

Espeefan
04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the video Scott. Is that a counter weight in the rear of the frame? The track speed looks pretty good. The cycle times of the actuators looks a little on the slower side, compared to the hydraulic machines I've seen. To bad they couldn't have designed it with just a little more speed. Wonder if the actuators could survive on a couple more volts? Is this all 7.2 volts? Maybe just bumping it up to 9.6 would be enough. 12 volts would be nice too, if not a little fast. Seems like a pretty cool machine for the money. One can't complain to much about it.

rcguyfarms
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes that is big chunk of lead that came in the kit. All the motors are rated for 6v and running 7.2v. Motors would work on 12v but not a very long life out them.

mazdaparts
04-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Looks like a capable loader that is somewhat affordable. Nice video as well. Was there some clicking around the 1:37 mark?

ngward79
09-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Was wondering how the loader has worked out for you over the past several months and wouldn't mind seeing some video of the bucket functions dumping at low level too. I'm planning on getting one of these in the spring and any advice on running gear or modification would be appreciated .

-Nick-

rcguyfarms
09-21-2012, 04:49 PM
not ran since indy. the main mod I did to it, is remove the limit springs in the tilt cylinder. I see not need to spend the extra for the hydro kit. Mine out preformed the stahl hydro track loader and u get a really long run time on 5000mah nimh pack. I was not able to compare it much the scale art track loader because that loader kept breaking down. I have yet to decide on the electronic option from carson for it.

liftmys10
09-22-2012, 02:19 AM
not ran since indy. the main mod I did to it, is remove the limit springs in the tilt cylinder. I see not need to spend the extra for the hydro kit. Mine out preformed the stahl hydro track loader and u get a really long run time on 5000mah nimh pack. I was not able to compare it much the scale art track loader because that loader kept breaking down. I have yet to decide on the electronic option from carson for it.
Is this loader the same as yours? If so, how come he's able to dump the bucket at lower heights? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y18UV4LcQ10&feature=youtube_gdata_player

rcguyfarms
09-22-2012, 03:18 AM
same as mine but with hydros upgrade and bucket linkage is different.

Lil Giants
09-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Is that a metal bucket on that loader?
How wide is it?
And what is the distance between the two loader arms?
Are the teeth removable?

liftmys10
09-22-2012, 03:44 PM
same as mine but with hydros upgrade and bucket linkage is different.

I see, yeah he does mention he's running upgraded hydros. Didn't catch that the first time. Regardless, your deere looks awesome!

rcguyfarms
09-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Is that a metal bucket on that loader? Yes it comes with a very detailed steel bucket
How wide is it? 7,3/8"
And what is the distance between the two loader arms? 2.5"
Are the teeth removable?Just remove the screws that hold them on

answers in red

thanks for comment liftmys10

liftmys10
09-22-2012, 09:42 PM
And what is the distance between the two loader arms?

Who makes the other arm? Is that an optional piece or?

rcguyfarms
09-22-2012, 10:45 PM
I believe u might have thought that question wrong. The only other part I know is the linkage to the tilt cylinder is different in stahl built hydro kit. I not seen any other type of loader arms for this model.

liftmys10
09-22-2012, 10:55 PM
I believe u might have thought that question wrong. The only other part I know is the linkage to the tilt cylinder is different in stahl built hydro kit. I not seen any other type of loader arms for this model.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Claus
09-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Scott I know you have owned a Wedico Cat 966 loader, would you say the Cat or the Carson Deere is more bang for the buck? (Toughness, more fun to play with, better to work on, price, etc.) I know it's kind of apples to oranges with tracks vs. tires but just curious as to your opinion.

rcguyfarms
09-23-2012, 12:20 PM
yes more bang for buck since I made a bucket around the same size as the wdc loader. Plus I like tracked construction machines alot more then wheeled.

rcguyfarms
10-29-2012, 03:54 PM
I made an upgrade to the loader and ordered the hydro kit. I have it one hand and waiting on a new radio to show up before I do a video.

JensR
10-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Can anyone point me towards more info on the 950C?
It looks fantastic :)

rcguyfarms
10-30-2012, 07:20 PM
JensR that 950c is a stahl dozer base. I made the rops, added the cab off an ertl 650h dozer and got the blade from another remember.

JensR
10-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the info, looks great :)
Really sad that Stahl is no more :( there are some great inspiring conversions around!