PDA

View Full Version : Looking for mini smoke generator

Supermario
05-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Id really like to add the smoke effect to my truck. I thought I found the perfect vial type which would fit in the stacks but unfortunately the item was discontinued. I've seen a few larger models online but I'm tight on space.
Even white smoke ( head gasket blown ???) is better than no smoke I say...lol

dabears
05-09-2012, 09:18 PM
what about this? http://www.harbormodels.com/site08/main_pages/smoker.htm
i belive a few others have used them. not sure on if it would fit or not...

Supermario
05-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks dabears. Posting the question got me lookin online again.I came across something that's 80x45x50 mm. For 65 bucks.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3vpE0-ovlA

Thanks for the link , that model puts out great and may be able to squeeze it in if I have too.

dabears
05-10-2012, 08:16 AM
No prob, if i'm not mistaken I got that link from a thread here or on scale I think Mr lights is using one in his build. Could be wrong.

trucked-in
05-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Hello all for a good little smoke unit ck out mth model trains they have smoke units that are very small and will smoke you out even has a mini fan you will have to make a control unit to run the heaters and fan you could use a esc to drive it and that would even give you very lite smoke volume at low speed and more the faster you you go i used one in my king hauler works great but dont run it in the house someone may call 911 lol tim

trucked-in
05-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Hello all the mth smoke units come in great sizes for 1/14 1/16 toys long 1.4" wide .75 .75 tall and has a opening for the smoke stack 5/16 works great for r/c toys tim

Joat
05-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Modded rc tank ones are great too
This thread is great
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5806555/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
This is the guy you want to contact or read all his post ,very smart and very helpful
http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?section=profile&forum=1&memid=493378

Supermario
05-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks Joat, I definitely will check it out.:)

Joat
05-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks Joat, I definitely will check it out.:)
No problem, hmmmmmm, the second link doesnt seem to work?
The member you want to talk to is

strmnd54
He can design any smoke system (circuit) ,

He may be canadian ;) , but is a real super good guy :cool:

Supermario
06-06-2012, 01:37 PM
No problem, hmmmmmm, the second link doesnt seem to work?
The member you want to talk to is

strmnd54
He can design any smoke system (circuit) ,

He may be canadian ;) , but is a real super good guy :cool:

Ohhh, he's Canadian alright.... Matter of fact, he lives about 3hrs from me... Right when I thought I was all alone with no RC fans in my neighborhood , I discover how small the world can be.....lol

Thanks Joat.

john
09-19-2013, 02:11 PM
hey supermario did you find a smoke generator? i have an idea for one, kinda like killing two birds or three with one stone haha ive been looking for a scale engine to use in a build and decided to just machine one, then realized the sound would be awsome so make pistons move with crank and have it pump air. but for what right aha smoke!! use the oil pan of the engine to hold smoke oil then have your heater element in the pan also, use the air intake to either suck air threw the air cleaner,, ye right hey even get that air rushing sound hopefully, and have it either bloww threw the smoker or have the engine suck threw the smoker and blow the smoke up and out the exhaust.. im been throwing ideas on this all morning and found this forum, an thought maybe you would have thoughts on this. i would beleive it will need one way valve to keep smoke from coming out air intake and cleaner also i was planning on dual stacks for one application using a straight tee it may require a restictor of some kind on each stack to build slight pressure to get even flo out each stack. of course the motor would be turning and hooked to a throttle control. im new at this an learning about esc bout im sure there some way of hooking the element to the motor and have no smoke at idle and more at WOT. also can a drop of diesel be added to the smoke oil to give a darker hue and maybe go from white smoke to black ?

Supermario
09-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Hey John. Welcome to the forum :):cool:

Me and smoke generators just don't seem to get along. My first one lasted about 10 minutes! :mad: not even long enough to shoot a video.

http://youtu.be/E9N9X7BoQCo

Noticed the horizontal reciprocating piston. Oil cooks in front of it , piston pushes out. To create what you want to do seems very elaborate and hard to do, especially at 1/14th scale?

Oh wait, I have to take that back. Nothing is impossible to build! People prove it all the time! Almost a daily occurrence on this forum :);):D

Adding motor oil won't work. It's too thick and there's not enough heat generated to get it to smoke.
I couldn't find any " smoke oil " here at home but was told that mineral oil works fine and I got that at the local pharmacy.

I have a Rc tank that has a smoker and even that one quit on me in no time.

If you can figure out how to change the color from white to black, you may become a very wealthy man.

Keep us posted :)

Mario