PDA

View Full Version : my truck

Autocar
05-15-2012, 02:07 AM
Sometimes I just want to scream I went and bought a new motor for my 2002 blazer. 995 miles later I got an oil leak and the starter has come loose. the shop that I had install the motor has been in business for over thiry years and I even know the guy and I know he knows what he?s doing?anyway he only charged $800.00 to put the motor in that aside this is a NEW motor not a reman. so just what is a company thinking they know THEY have to make good on the warranty. And the shop should have double checked all bolts to make sure things got done they know their reps on the line. Anyway my truck is going back to the shop and I am going to give them a piece of my mind cause I had to pay the bill out of my pocket not theirs!!!! I?m not real sure but do you got $2200.00 just laying around I know I don't.

dabears
05-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Yikes! That sucks man! I'd be pissed too. I agree they should have fully inspected the motor and all bolts before putting it in! Good luck with it! Hopefully they stand behind their work and get it resolved for you for free.

Panther F
05-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Was it a short block?

If so, they install all your pans, covers and manifolds as it does not come from the factory like that. More of a chance for them to NOT get a good seal.

A full block (and more expensive) has everything but the starter and exhaust manifolds.

Still, no excuse but more an explanation as to the failure. Keeping it clean for a good seal is extremely hard to do.

I'm sure they'll get it right now! :)

HTH

~ Jeff

Autocar
05-19-2012, 10:39 PM
well this all happened on the 14th and the shop that did the work is closed till 20th or 21st (vacation) so I'll be there when they open and have a bit to say.

Autocar
05-25-2012, 02:35 AM
Got my blazer back today? turns out the leak was the front oil pan gasket it was misformed ( poor quality control ) any how the mechanic that did the job was very unhappy about the bad gasket. He was so cranked he called the maker of gasket set told them VERY harshly about a stupid problem and how he was not going to use their product in his shop any more. and they faxed him a check for the gasket set and his labor in ten minutes plus an oil change which we kept for future use. But I must say theres nothing like driveing your own vehicle.

Panther F
05-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Glad you got it repaired! (hopefully)

Oil leaks ... not my favorite. Fix one, miss another. Best bet is to replace everything involved to be exactly sure BUT, yours was a different case.

I always found the crank shaft oil seal repair kit a joke. NEVER WORKED!! :D

Enjoy your vehicle this Holiday weekend. And you're right, nothing like your own car or truck, huh.

~ Jeff