PDA

View Full Version : interesting to know on the dx5e tx

dabears
05-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Found out that you can control all mfu functions on the dx5e, also did some research and found out that when bound to a 6 channel rx it actually has 6 channels. Meaning you can use the trainer toggle as a 6th channel! Just thought it was pretty cool info to share.
The trick to the mfu was I had to put my servo switches to norm to shut the truck off and start it.once it starts back up just re reverse your servo switches the way you had them. Takes 2 sec to do.. But works perfect now all functions with the digital trims..

Mods please move if I put in wrong area thanks

JensR
05-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Wow! I hope everyone with a DX5e reads this, amazing.
The switch-trick might be helpful for other radios, as well!

dabears
05-16-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm assuming it would be.. The servo switch needs to be in Norm position to start and stop the motor

fhhhstix
05-16-2012, 09:44 PM
I have found a quick and easy way to turn the engine on and off. I use an extra channel on a 2 pos switch to control a pico switch which a lot of guys use to turn lights on and off. All you have to do is take a servo extension and cut the signal wire in the middle and strip the ends then attach the wires to the pico switch. Plug the extension into the receiver in the shift channel and plug the shift input from the MFU into the the other end of the extension.

Buy doing this you are able to connect and disconnect the signal going to the shift input allowing you to turn the engine on and off with the flip of a switch with out turning the radio off or going the the sequence of stick movements to turn it off.

The MFU is supposed to shut down when the radio is turned off but it doesn't because the receiver goes into fail safe. The only MFU input that will shut it down when unplugged is the shift input so that is why I break the shift signal.

Other than the fix I described above the spectrum works perfect with the MFU. I have tried this with the DX6I, DX7, DX8, and DX10 and they all worked the same with the MFU. So for $20 it is a simple easy fix and I like the way it works better any way especially since you don't have to turn the radio off.

Link to the Picoswitch (http://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/picoswitch)

Travis

dabears
05-16-2012, 11:31 PM
so by using the pico switch i could use say channel 5 on the flip switch, if i flip the switch it shuts down the truck into a standby mode? then just flip the switch again and it'll start? how long can the truck sit "off" like that? how different is it when you "start/stop" using the mfu? i didnt play with it much other then "stoping the motor" via remote for like 5 mins, then "starting it back up"...

fhhhstix
05-17-2012, 09:14 PM
so by using the pico switch i could use say channel 5 on the flip switch, if i flip the switch it shuts down the truck into a standby mode? then just flip the switch again and it'll start? how long can the truck sit "off" like that? how different is it when you "start/stop" using the mfu? i didnt play with it much other then "stoping the motor" via remote for like 5 mins, then "starting it back up"...

Yep use channel 5 and you can put it in standby mode and leave it there as long as you like since it is just sitting there looking for the missing signal.

Travis

dabears
05-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Sweet thank you Travis!