PDA

View Full Version : My new Cat 769D Dump

cbazq271
05-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi, just want to show off my new build. I didn't do any build pics because it was a real slow build and there was not really any plans, just build as I go. This is my personnel truck, which I built more for function then looks. It is going to be working with my Vario Excavator. This truck is going to be my test truck to make sure the motor/gear ratio is right and the dump mechanism will work. If it works well and there is some intrest, I might make a few that are more detailed and more of a clean build, that I will sell. This truck is 1/14.5 scale and is a model of Cat's smallest large haul truck. It is 4wd with MOA axles from RC4WD. It has a Mamba Max ESC and Firgelli Linear actuators for dumping.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/cbazq271/024.jpg

Trucker47
05-25-2012, 10:58 PM
It really looks great! Just needs some dirt :D

Chris

doodlebug
05-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Nice scratch build!! Great Job.

Cheer's, Neil.

pigeonfarmboy
05-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Wow looks killer! Hopefully the firgelli's hold up for you.

RCTech9
05-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Looks great! Cant wait to see videos of it hauling dirt!

JensR
05-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Looks ace!
Would you give us a peek at what is underneath that sweet paintjob? :)

mack kid
05-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Nice build nice truck! how big are those Firgelli Linear actuators. You got any build pics

modelman
05-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Nice looking truck-but you put up this with NO BUILD pictures!!! That's just wrong.:confused: Are you ready for the questions? Such as- what's it made of, how big is it, how much does it weigh, what is the tire size, what is powering it, how much dirt will it haul? See, if you had put up build pictures and explained as you went these questions would be answered.:D Just kidding- nice job-but I would like the questions answered.

sparkycuda
05-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Nice build! I, like others, want to see what's underneath and maybe a side-by-side with something to compare its size.

Ken

cbazq271
05-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Nice looking truck-but you put up this with NO BUILD pictures!!! That's just wrong.:confused: Are you ready for the questions? Such as- what's it made of, how big is it, how much does it weigh, what is the tire size, what is powering it, how much dirt will it haul? See, if you had put up build pictures and explained as you went these questions would be answered.:D Just kidding- nice job-but I would like the questions answered.

LOL. yeah I understand. I just didn't put up any pics as I was building it because I wasn't sure how it would turn out and I didn't want to show a build of a truck that I wasn't proud of. I just had it outside and loaded it with dirt using my Vario. It carries alot more weight in dirt then I thought it would, so I might have to re-think how to make it dump. I have limited room, so I will post some pics so I can get some suggestions from the smart people on this site. Thinking I might have to go hydro to make it dump. As for your questions, the truck is out in my shop, so I will get all the info tomorrow. Thanks, Chad

titandigs
05-27-2012, 06:32 AM
You should be proud of the work you have put into this machine, it looks great.

cbazq271
05-27-2012, 08:23 AM
You should be proud of the work you have put into this machine, it looks great.

Thank you very much, Chad

JAMMER
05-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Chad very nice job on the truck it looks great. Ed:cool:

cbazq271
05-30-2012, 10:04 PM

Hi, Sorry theres no build pics. Heres some pics with a 12" ruler next to it. I was going to use Fergilli electronic cylinders but, I think it is impossible to use them do to the lack of room and the weight of the box when its full. I think hyro is the only way to go. Now I have to find a good source for hydro parts, if anyone knows of one let me know. As far as the questions.........

Made of......... .25 think alum. plate for the frame and styrene for the cab
Size.............. 20" L, 11" H, 12" W
Weight.......... Unknown, will find out Sunday night, when I get to some scales
Tire size......... 2.2 MIL Specs for RC4WD about 5" tall when mounted
Power............ 2 MOA axles with 65 turn brushed motors
Dirt Capacity... Unknown, will also know this Sunday

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/cbazq271/cat769d001.jpg
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/cbazq271/cat769d002.jpg
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/cbazq271/cat769d003.jpg

doodlebug
05-31-2012, 12:31 AM
Have you considered using a screw drive? and the post office has scales in there lobby.

Cheer's, Neil.

cbazq271
05-31-2012, 01:07 AM
I have thought of a screw drive but, I don't have the room. In the last pic, theres is only about 5" from the back of the cab and the front of the rear gear box. Also I don't have room for the lift rod to fold done when the box is lowered. As for the post office thats a idea. Thanks, Chad

modelman
05-31-2012, 12:33 PM
cbazq271-thanks for posting the info-too bad the firgelli's will not lift the box. However,you can get lot's of power from a screw drive if it is designed properly and I think you have plenty of room. Look at my post on the 777D, page-10-post-#188 and see my screw drive which I only had-2"-travel to work with. It was tough to work out but it can be done. You will not need folding lifting arms if they are placed correctly. A screw drive is a lot cheaper than hyds. and takes up much less room but of course that is your decision. Post pictures of your progress. Good Luck

pigeonfarmboy
07-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Have any pics of how you made the rear duals mount to each other/the axle?

Espeefan
07-06-2012, 11:55 AM
This is a really nice test bed model! I think it looks pretty cool. Hopefully it meets all your expectations, and you'll procede with an even more functional and detailed version. I was just curious if you have any suspension on it at all? I've never really seen how the 1:1 trucks are designed, so even knowing what kind of suspension it should have is beyond me. If you do make it all rigid, for simplicity's sake, I would cheat a little and give the front axle the ability to ocsillate, like an ag tractor. That way it would have at least a 3 point type suspension. Cool build!

pigeonfarmboy
04-28-2013, 10:01 PM
I ended up with the model. It was a good start for sure but we had to get this thing dumping on it's own! Big thanks to Travis & Izzy for all their hard work on the screwdrive. They really are masters of the fab & design of a screwdrive for sure.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7046/8691458036_d7e9a13c5a_b.jpg

pigeonfarmboy
08-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Getting this thing all wired up for Indy. Figured it'd be nice to have adjustable limit switches to make setting everything up faster.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7345/9456522632_1063b62757_c.jpg

Rvjimd
08-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Pfb,

If you could get a short little video or a few more pics, I would really like to see more of the screw drive and dump design.

Tanks,

Jim

pigeonfarmboy
08-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Sure thing. Let me get it all wired up and I'll show and explain it's operation.

Espeefan
08-07-2013, 09:49 PM
That's a nifty little screw drive set-up, Nate. I like that. Good idea with mounting the limit switches, although I think I'd use at least two screws on each limit switch plate. That way the plates can't get skewed at an angle and mess up your stop points.

pigeonfarmboy
08-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Thought about it but it gets plenty tight enough. It's only the feather-light pressure of the switch that it supports anyway.