PDA

View Full Version : CABIN FEVER EXPO January 14-16

9W Monighan
09-09-2010, 07:28 PM
OK, I just talked to the promoter of the Cabin Fever Expo in York,Pennsylvania Jan.14-16th this evening. I told him that I was ready to have some dirt delivered for the show in January. All he wanted to know is what kind of material and how big. I told him that 20'x20' may be big enough but not sure. We have 4 months to get ready to put on a miniature digging show that draws a big crowd. So I need to know who can bring what. Of course I will have my dragline there and it needs about half of that to work in.
Here's the link to the show with date and directions:
http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/

dirtpusher9
09-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Man, that sounds fun but don't know if I can make it. Not sure how work is going to play out.

modelman
09-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Pa. in January-Brrrr!!!!:eek: Don't think I could handle the weather. Sounds like fun though!!

ihbuilder
09-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I will not miss this :D , 4 months : scratch head : : thinking : pan or rotator
I think I'll just get the pay star painted for now and get the pan working :D

IHSteve

ihbuilder
09-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Pa. in January-Brrrr!!!!:eek: Don't think I could handle the weather. Sounds like fun though!!

aww come on It's inside :D would love to see that shovel :cool:

IHSteve

JAMMER
09-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I might just make this with the excavator. Ed

9W Monighan
09-09-2010, 09:31 PM
People come from all over the country to this show. There's a group of guys from New England that fill a large travel bus that come down. In the 12 out of 14yrs I've been going it hasn't snowed enough to make a difference. I think about 2'' one time but always cold. Most of the time it's only wet salted roads over the mountains on the PA turnpike and dry by York. But of course, there's always a first but who cares.

Gary the promoter said he would get the dirt inside early so it won't be wet or freeze.

rc_farmer
09-10-2010, 06:34 PM
WoW, that sounds very interesting......gonna have to mark my calendar

Fireman700
11-04-2010, 03:18 PM
I can't get the link to the website to work, but is it just construction stuff or is it a little of everything? Let me know. York is a short hop for me in Harrisburg.

JAMMER
11-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I will be there with the 1/12 scale excavator and a wheel loader if I can get the missing parts. Ed

9W Monighan
11-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I just tried it and it must be down temporarily. Try it later. There are some videos on youtube showing the hundreds of models working on display,just search Cabin Fever Expo. This show has a lot of tiny steam and gas model engines live steam railroad giant boat pond machinist related flea market and I saw on the website that the huge auction is scheduled for Saturday but I don't think that's correct because it's usually on Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cabin+fever+expo&aq=3