PDA

View Full Version : question about RC4WD hydro pump

cbazq271
05-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi, I have a question for anyone that has the excavator from RC4WD, or anyone that knows the answer. I want to know how is the pump driven? Is it bolted directly to the brushless motor, or is it geared down with metal gears. I can tell by the pics on the website that its not belt driven like my Vario. I want to know because I might buy the pump to use in my dump truck. Thanks, Chad
http://store.rc4wd.com/112-Scale-Earth-Digger-4200XL-Hydraulic-Excavator-RTR-Version-15_p_1587.html

Lil Giants
05-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Direct connection..

Although, if look at trucker47's build thread of his Cat loader, he has made a 3:1 belt reduction for that particular pump.

I find that the direct connect pump/motor does not work that well for the excavator, but it might be ok for a dump trk.

You should have been on the ball when Vanisle was selling all those hyd pumps & hyd accessories.. :p

ihbuilder
05-31-2012, 09:24 PM
get a UMS landing gear pump for a dump I have 1 on my M75SX mack , it works great as it is . word of caution , if you go with the UMS pump , do not keep it running after you have dumped . these pumps work great for dumptruck apps with shourt run cycles . I dump over 50#+ with 2-.75 bore cylinders using 5/32 ID line .