PDA

View Full Version : Ric Has Lost his Wife

CorbettTrailers
09-09-2010, 07:35 PM
I talked to Ric on the phone and he said his wife passed away. I was at a loss of words and don't know why or what happened. All I could say was I was so so sorry for his loss. For those of you who talk to him regularly, Please do not call him he has asked for some time. He said to mention it to some of the guys. So this is the best way I know how.
To those that don't know Ric's wife, her name is Cheryl Murphy of Mesa Arizona.

And A small Prayer,

Dear God, please be with Ric in his time of loss. Give him the Strength, Wisdom, Courage And knowledge he needs to make it through the most difficult time of his life. And God please give him the courage to reach out to us and let us be there for him.
Amen.
Thank you,
John Corbett
If this is out of line you may remove it.

ihbuilder
09-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't think so but it's up to the others . In this case let bizz stay with bizz , good or bad . but in life , no man or woman should be shunned from or prayers especially in loss of a loved one . as for Cheryl may she find peace in another place and may ric have the strength to carry on .

IHSteve

fhhhstix
09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
I pray for Ric in his time of need and for Cheryl a wonderful person who was nothing but nice to all she met and she will be missed by all.

Deepest sympathy
Travis

Tamiya Cowboy
09-09-2010, 08:37 PM
God Bless Cheryl..

Stylin n profilin
09-09-2010, 08:40 PM
All our prayer's for Ric...God bless Cheryl...

Stepside
09-09-2010, 08:49 PM
My thoughts will be with the Ric and Cheryl in this difficult time.

Brian in PA
09-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Ric and Cheryl are in our prayers.

dirtpusher9
09-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I talked to Ric on the phone and he said his wife passed away. I was at a loss of words and don't know why or what happened. All I could say was I was so so sorry for his loss. For those of you who talk to him regularly, Please do not call him he has asked for some time. He said to mention it to some of the guys. So this is the best way I know how.
To those that don't know Ric's wife, her name is Cheryl Murphy of Mesa Arizona.

And A small Prayer,

Dear God, please be with Ric in his time of loss. Give him the Strength, Wisdom, Courage And knowledge he needs to make it through the most difficult time of his life. And God please give him the courage to reach out to us and let us be there for him.
Amen.

Thank you,
John Corbett
If this is out of line you may remove it.

God forbid that their ever come a time that we can't say a prayer or mention his name, any time any where.

God rest her soul. Our prayers are with Ric.

heavy_duty
09-09-2010, 10:52 PM
GOD bless Cheryl and Ric.I thought she was a great addition to this hobby and she was always friendly on the phone and in person.She will be missed.

Ed

cummingsman29
09-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Cheryl, you will be missed! You were so nice to Jean Marie & I. God bless to you and Ric !

Lil Giants
09-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Cheryl was a caring, loving woman, treated me like a member of her immediate family the second I met her, opening up her home to me when I came to visit her and Ric on a few different occassions a few yrs ago.... terrible news... I feel deeply saddened for you Ric, Cheryl was a 1st class lady... may she go in peace with the Lord, almighty.

Espeefan
09-10-2010, 12:12 AM
It really saddens me to hear about Cheryl. I never knew or met her, but I feel like anyone who has ever delt with Ric will feel the same way that I do. We are such a niche group of RC enthusiasts that when one of us suffers the loss of a loved one, we all feel it. God bless Cheryl and may she rest in peace. May all those affected by her passing find the comfort and strength they need to carry on in the Lord.

wedicotrucker
09-10-2010, 01:51 AM
Over the last 8 or 9 years I've become more than just a customer of PMD but a realy good personal friend of Ric and Cheryl.

On our return trip from Indy, Ric said he had a headach, so I took over driving for a while. Niether of us thought more about it, but according to Cheryl, his headach just would not go away. On Sunday Ric was rushed to the hospital in great pain.

Turned out he had bleeding on both sides of his brain.

(So When I saw the headline Ric has lost his wife, I thought it was a typo, and should have read Ric has lost his life.)

Ric was doing better as of this morning and the doctors gave him the choice of leaving today, or staying one more night. Shortly after that Ric got the news that Cheryl had passed.

Cheryl was a wonderfull loving person, to all that knew her. Its hard to beleave she is gone, and will be dearly missed.

Please continue to keep Ric in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll do my best to keep every one up to date on every thing here in AZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AscPOozwYA8

rcguyfarms
09-10-2010, 06:28 AM
After meeting Cheryl she took me as her adoptive son. She treated me as her child when I would visit with them in Az. So,I am in sadness as I have lost my adoptive mother. For I am glad we where able to chat and share hugs at this past indy. I will pray for ric.

Radiowave Trucking
09-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Ric and Cheryl are in my prayers

FreddyGearDrive
09-10-2010, 06:50 AM
I just hope the lord gives Ric the strength he needs to endure this bad time in his life. I know she will be missed by all of us,she was one of the nicest people I've gotten to know in the last few years.

tc1cat
09-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Our hobby has lost a GREAT person with the passing of Cheryl. Our thoughts and prayers go out to both Ric and Cheryl.

Lynn

firefighter30
09-10-2010, 08:29 AM
I will miss Cheryl she was a great person. at indy she remembered me and my son travis who she had not seen in two years. she will sadly be missed and i hope Ric can find the strength to get through this. they will be in or prayers.

Hos1880
09-10-2010, 12:39 PM
My prayers are with Ric and his family.

Meritt

AZLIGHTNING
09-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Being new to the Hobby and living in Arizona I had the Opportunity to talk with Cheryl over the Phone she was kind and helped me as much as possible and invited me to drive over to purchase products when I wanted, sadly I will never got the oportunity to meet Cheryl , I am truly saddened Ric & cheryl are in my prayers

Roadmasters
09-10-2010, 04:28 PM
wow, it seemed like just yesterday that the was joking and laughing. She seemed to be doing great. I hope Ric is doing ok and i cant believe she is gone. She was an great person.

rc_farmer
09-10-2010, 05:22 PM
My prayers and condolences to Ric and Cherly's family. Cherly was a wonderful person. Have known them both for almost 20 yrs. What a shock!!

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whench cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1

Mustang
09-10-2010, 06:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Ric and family in their time of loss. Cheryl was a great person.

DieselKid
09-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Shocked to hear all of this but prayers will be said for Ric and Cheryl as well as their family and friends.

God Bless Ya,
-Alex

FabOne
09-10-2010, 08:23 PM
God bless Cheryl and Ric. We've lost one GREAT friend. Ric, you and Cheryl our both in our prayers. We're here for you big guy!!!

Terry Small

CorbettTrailers
09-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Thank you all for posting your condolences. I wasn't sure if I shoulda started this thread but now I see it wasn't a bad idea.
No need to respond to this post, let's keep it dedicated to Ric and Cheryl.

Texasperry
09-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm Shocked. I just heard from Cheryl on Tuesday. She told me about Ric and I said then lets worry about my stuff another time. The next day I got an email that said Ric was doing better. Hard to believe.

tamiya_trucker
09-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Ric, My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of need!

mog
09-11-2010, 09:40 AM
God bless Cheryl she was like a ray of sunshine on the phone she will be missed

wedicotrucker
09-12-2010, 02:05 AM
The service for Cheryl is going to be held on Wednesday at 10:00 am.

If any one is able to come it would mean alot to Ric. The church is on Lindsy rd in Mesa, abought a half mile south of brown. Cenrtal Chistian church.

If you would like to know the address, shoot me a text, or call me on my cell at : four 8 zero two 0 eight 2 five two nine

wedicotrucker
09-12-2010, 02:08 AM
The service for Cheryl is going to be held on Wednesday at 10:00 am.

If any one is able to come it would mean alot to Ric. The church is on Lindsy rd in Mesa, abought a half mile south of brown. Cenrtal Chistian church.

If you would like to know the address, shoot me a text, or call me on my cell at : four 8 zero two 0 eight 2 five two nine

I've let Ric know about this thread, When he's feeling up to it I'm sure he will read it.

he has people staying with him round the clock, and continues to get better, but he's still pritty torn up.

Izzy
09-12-2010, 07:07 AM
I just can't believe it........ Cherryl - We will all miss you very much ....... Ric - Dont' hesitate to call on us for help .......

- I've been thinking on this all day ..... just can't grasp this - so vibrant at Indy. She's such a friendly person - so easy to talk to and a great listener......

..... What a bummer ......

chris

grumpygrady
09-12-2010, 11:53 AM
never met ric or his wife or even talked to them but our thoughts and prayers will be with them and this was/is the right place

tracksntreadslou
09-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Very sad :( Hang in there Ric ,our thoughts and prayers are with you...

Stuff
09-15-2010, 08:11 PM
oh my.. poor rick! my condolences :(

GerryK
09-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Ric our thoughts are with you Gerry & Carol

wedicotrucker
09-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey guys, if any one has any pictures of Cheryl, could you please PM them to me.

Bodyman
10-02-2010, 05:17 PM
i met ric and cheryl this year at indy and talked to them quite a bit, then she past away
a few weeks later. god bless both of them. does anyone know how?
steve

smart racer
10-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I only knew the gentleman by email...but a very sad lose

diesel950
10-03-2010, 08:12 AM
deepest condolences from all of us
at Big Rigs R/C WA

MACK Daddy
10-05-2010, 10:07 AM
I called him yesturday to order a cylinder and he was still a bit upset, Obviously...He did appreciate the card and donations that was sent to him.. I just wish I could have known about it to give a lil as well

Alfy

wedicotrucker
10-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Has any one heard from Ric in the last couple days? I canr get ahold of him. Stoped by his house, all his cars are parked in the drive way, but all the lights in the house are off, rang the door bell, but no answer.

AZLIGHTNING
10-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Received Email Confirming my Order tuesday 10/19, And received my order yesterday 10/20. Avondale AZ

fhhhstix
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I just placed an order and the woman helping Ric and she said he was back in the hospital.

ihbuilder
10-21-2010, 07:49 PM
I wish him the best

IHSteve

OhioFarmboy
10-24-2010, 11:56 PM
All i can say is wow!!!...I haven't been following the RC boards much lately and was just reading my new Toy Trucker mag tonight and read about Cheryl.I was saddened to read that and wish i had made the trip to Indy this year now for 1 last time to see and talk with her.I haven't made it to Indy for the past 2 years,but i remember the last time and a bunch of us eating supper down at the bar in the hotel.Ric and Cheryl bought a round for the group.Cheryl,you will be missed,but not forgotton...Your friend Randy..

KNIGHT HAULER
11-02-2010, 03:44 AM
Sorry to hear about his loss.we will pray for him.
john..