PDA

View Full Version : having problems ...........

td9clyde
06-07-2012, 05:28 AM
I have been working on the D7 and i have the hydro.s on it and all hooked up but the tilt cylinder moves very little cus of the preshure of the lift cylinders what can i do to reslove this problem? is it possible to put another releif valve on them ? on either the top or bottom side of the lines ?

sparkycuda
06-07-2012, 09:38 AM
On the 1:1 machines, the lift cylinders are t-connected together with a single hose returning to the valve. When the tilt cylinder moves, it forces one lift cylinder to extend and one to retract, with oil moving between the two via the hoses. No pressure relief valves are needed. (There are cylinder piston valves in each lift cylinder that have some effect on the oil transfer but should not cause a problem for normal tilt.) BUT, the tilt cylinder must have enough force to cause this to happen, that's why tilt cylinders are larger in diameter than lift cylinders. Maybe you need a larger diameter tilt cylinder?

Ken

td9clyde
06-08-2012, 09:02 PM
yea i get that and understand how they work these are hooked up the same way as the real ones could be i just don't have enough preshure to make them work like they shoud or something .......

pigeonfarmboy
06-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Enough fluid in the lines/cylinders to create the pressure needed?

td9clyde
06-10-2012, 08:59 AM
it might still have a little air but for the most part it is all getting worked out .....it has a couple lil bubbles left in the tilt cylinder lines bit it is slowly working throughi am in the process of un hooking the cylinders and motors so i can finish the detail and paint it .....