PDA

View Full Version : Wedioc Loader Problems Hydraulic Pump

RD Trucking
06-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi all.

I am in need of some help with my loader

anyway basically all hydraulics stopped working other week.

so on inspection hydraulic pump was running and spool vales all opersting correctly. also check oil levels first off cause.

so i then moved onto filter which was ok.

then we check pipe from pump to spool and hardly any oil let alone pressure when put finger over end pipe so this lead me to remove pump and strip it down.

on inspection it looks like shaft from motor through into gear inside pump has worn out splines so slips on shaft under any tipe load, so looks to me a new pump is needed as im guessing no parts are avaliable for them,

so any help locating a pump supplier would be great help also if you know of a better pump for these loader maybe good option.

thanks in advance Gareth.

SmallHaul
06-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Can you post pics of the failed parts? Maybe we can come up with a fix.

egronvold
06-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Considering the tight space in the 966, I doubt you'll find a better pump. The Leimbach hydraulics are well proven, and you should have no problem finding spare parts. You can purchase directly from Leimbach, if the place you bought the 966 doesn't have spares.

fhhhstix
06-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I am guessing you are talking about the rubber coupling between the motor and pump if so there are replacement parts. Wedico should be able to get you the parts from Liembach or you can get them from any supplier that sells the liembach pump.

Travis

apfubar
06-11-2012, 04:56 AM
The other thing to check is that the grub screw connecting the drive dog to the motor is tight and the dog is not spinning on the motor shaft.

As Travis said once you know the offending part it is easy to get a replacement.

Cheers,
AP

Izzy
06-11-2012, 06:51 AM
If the screw was loose and wore the shaft out of round - you might be able to have it machined true again and then have the mating parts sleeved so that the run concentric again. As travis said above - PFB had a the plastic ring that couples the motor to the pump split. a new sleeve is required to fix.

RD Trucking
06-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for info on my issue,

ive stripped pump down and it was 1 of the 2 small gears inside pump housing had come off its shaft as its an interfearence fit (just push fit) so ive got that back on shaft and its pumping fine again,

now ive another issue with filter unit when I switch pump on its leacking oil out of top. has anyone stripped one of these down as it looks like its missing one o rings or something.

all info appreciatted.

Lil Giants
06-12-2012, 02:02 AM
A telfon washer that would go on the fitting at the top of filter, kind of a clear/white, very thin washer. Is that where it's leaking, from the fitting or just below that, where the top of the can screws into base?

Pictures would be a great help. ;)

RD Trucking
06-13-2012, 10:13 AM
yes youve hit nail on head, its leaking from between the top screws to base with the 6 little screws. theres no gasket seal on it is there suppose to be one or something. ive taken top of and only got a rubber o ring inside between top and filter gauze part.

ive taken pic of item for you to see what i mean.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/RDTrucking/DSCF00811.jpg

thanks in advance

Lil Giants
06-14-2012, 04:17 PM
The o ring should make the seal.. unless you've nicked or pinched it putting the lid back on? The screws don't need to be overly tight.

Try a new o ring, one that is meant for petroleum use. Lube the o ring with oil (I like to use white lithium grease when messing with o rings) and turn the top as you press the lid in place.. if the lid doesn't make a flush fit before screwing it down, you may have pinched the o ring between the mating surfaces.

RD Trucking
06-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks for info ill give it a go at weekend as got some o rings in garage somewhere.

will report back.

RCP57
06-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Would you be able to take a picture of the filter element or whatever is in there and post it?

Thanks, Reg

Lil Giants
06-15-2012, 12:00 AM
It's a porous brass filter.. this filter can is a little different, in that the lid screws on.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=384&page=8
(scroll down to #152)

ihbuilder
06-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Joe , do you know if you can buy just the filter ? or is it included with a pump purchase ?

JAMMER
06-15-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.leimbach-modellbau.de/
this is were the pump and filters are made Steve send them an email they will answer they do not speak english so you can't call them. Ed

RCP57
06-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Do you guys think that it's the same material(density) as a fuel filter in a carb? I'm not sure if the microns would be the same? Any thoughts?

Reg

ihbuilder
06-15-2012, 07:51 PM
thanks Ed

Reg , I just did some checking at McMasterCarr and found some that would work for our size machines http://www.mcmaster.com/#sintered-filters/=hzsgj2 I am just not sure what micron to use :confused: they go from 10 - 90 . Anyone know what Jung Fluid recommends ?

doodlebug
06-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Steve, 10 micron is your best bet, but no bigger than 25 micron.

Cheer's, Neil.

ihbuilder
06-15-2012, 11:58 PM
thanks Neil ;) never mind the whole filter assembly . I just saw they heve replacement cartrages ;) I'll just get some of them and make my own canister :D . If I saw that earlier I would've went with the in the tank type :confused: alls well maybe next time .

doodlebug
06-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Hey Steve, just make it easier to change, than my Cat 305 CCR mini exc.
It's a messy proposition.

Cheer's, Neil.